Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Destroy the World  (Read 3532 times)

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
Destroy the World
« on: March 25, 2013, 08:56:40 pm »

Your goal is, simply put, to kill everything. How you do this is completely up to you. In order to do this, though, you must first actually exist. As such, you will need an avatar through which to kill things. Please use the following template to create your own personal reincarnation of Death.
Name:
Financial Status:
You are the God of Death, watching over the human race, and waiting for them to finally wither away so you can consume them. This, of course, gets quite boring quite fast, because humans are notoriuosly slow diers. Wanting to speed up this process, you decided to create an avatar of yourself to cause more death. Ultimately, you want to stick it to the God of Life and just end up killing everything. But that's long term. First off, you're gonna need some supplies, as well as actually making your avatar.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Destroy the World
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2013, 08:58:29 pm »

Is this going to be just a single character?
Or an Avatar and some Human minions or what?

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2013, 09:11:14 pm »

Single-character suggestion game. Sorry if I didn't make that clear. You can get human minions if you want, though.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 09:16:56 pm »

Name: Mathias
Financial Status: Filthy rich from the money of various rich people he killed.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2013, 11:39:46 pm by Brood »

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2013, 09:27:42 pm »

Hm...shall we start planning?

Firstly, how much divine power do we have and what's our timeframe? If we've got at least a little divine power and enough time, we could just provide a little, constant push on the Earth to nudge it slowly out of the Goldilocks zone.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2013, 09:29:08 pm »

Well my initial plan is just a kind of dry run, I'm going to use a police uniform, walk into gang territory and shoot a few of them.
Gangwar on the police kicks off and we get a nice power boost for doing a good job, I hope.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2013, 09:35:50 pm »

Being a god that focuses solely on death, you don't really have that much of an effect on the world of the living. You can perform minor things, or very rarely, something major. A minor action constitutes things such as changing the attitude of a guard slightly, or making your avatar slightly stronger. These are quite taxing, so you can't do them often. Major actions are things such as cause a spontaneus explosion, or create a meteor. These can only really happen in the event that you kill a large amount of people at once without the aid of a major miracle (Anti-miracle?). You can get enough power to perform a minor miracle about once a weak if not very many people die, and for a major miracle, the average death rate equals to about a millenium of charging, with no miracles or avatars being made. As for time frame, it's about the magically-enhanced lifespan of a human, about 120 years.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2013, 09:37:34 pm »

Can I influence a large crowd of people very slightly, just to push them to do something they already want to do?

I have a plan.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 12:19:20 am »

If you do it persuasively enough, then yes. Also, could you guys please post some avatars? Unless everyone wants the one that's been posted, that is. Sorry for the absence, life was busy.

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2013, 12:29:51 am »

I'll post an avatar sheet after an hour. I have to do something. Does the avatar have to look human? Can he have six fingers or a third eye or something? By the way, what time period are we in? Can we time-travel?
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

TopHat

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2013, 04:28:05 am »

Name: Poppy Summers
Financial status: a small pension (so not much)
I would ask why fire can burn two men to death without getting hot enough to burn a book, but then I read "INEXTINGUISHABLE RUNNING KAMIKAZE RADIOACTIVE FLAMING ZOMBIE" and realized that logic, reason, and physics are all occupied with crying in the corner right now.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2013, 04:31:25 am »

Name: Poppy Summers
Financial status: a small pension (so not much)
+1. For the lols
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2013, 04:33:36 am »

Name: Im Jong Kill
Financial Status: Rich beyond a peasant's imagination
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2013, 04:35:13 am »

Name:John McClane
Financial Status:It okay, can live fine
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

flame99

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2013, 12:02:14 am »

You can have deformations, though expect it to bring suspicion. This is modern-era, and outside of the ability to slightly alter things, you are slightly stronger regular human.

Since no other things have been voted on, you will be taking the role of Poppy Summers.

Walking around the nursing home that you've been put in to, you're grumbling quitely to yourself about the nursing staff and how they've got these ridiculous "no-tolorance" rules on psychadelic mushrooms. "Those nursing staff... Oh, one of these days I'm gonna kill one o' them. Maybe a few more. Hell, why not all of them? I'd say there can't be TOO much harm in it, can there?"
It's at this point that you decide she's as good as you're gonna get. Besides, humor's always good, and what's funnier than an old, forgetful lady beating a world to death?
"Why yes... That's a good idea. I-I think I'll do it. Let's see. I'll need some supplies, maybe a knife, some big bandaids to stop all of the blood. Ooh, and a place to put the bodies, that's one." Slowly, you formulate a plan.

The question is, just what IS this plan?

OOC: Sorry for the lack of posts, my mother just met her father for the first time, and I've been busy meeting the new family.

Pages: [1] 2 3