Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 301406 times)

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I can't believe I didn't find these threads sooner. I'm also thoroughly saddened I missed the "draw a fluffy pink gopher murderbeast" topic, I'm gonna draw that, deadline be derned. It's too good to miss.

PTW and possibly submit stuff.

If you can get it posted reasonably soon, I think we can wait up for you. Nobody should have to miss the opportunity to draw fluffy pink murderbeasts.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile

I have a procrastination problem. I insist you guys don't postpone the contest stuff on me. That just makes me feel pressure, and when pressured I procrastinate more. I'll just submit drawing stuff whenevers.

I was more interested on the source of interesting subject matter for art stuff than the actual contest part, anyway.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I have a procrastination problem. I insist you guys don't postpone the contest stuff on me. That just makes me feel pressure, and when pressured I procrastinate more. I'll just submit drawing stuff whenevers.

I was more interested on the source of interesting subject matter for art stuff than the actual contest part, anyway.

In that case, get your thing on photobucket before DeKaFu gets here! Otherwise, let's declare a winner! :D
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright, in that case, I won't delay things any longer.

Going over the entries...
weq15 started things off with the most original interpretation (...is that a gopher tortoise with a communication antenna on its head?), and then Hugo_the_Dwarf followed it up with possibly the world's scariest ever rendition of a giant gopher. Ipunchfaces' entry was wonderfully presented and incorporated Usa's treacherous nature. Davie truly embraced the idea of something both fabulous and terrifying, and squiddwarf16 was the first to include both the gaunt and fluffy aspects of Usa's figure (and in such a fetching shade, too).

At the end of the day, the winner is...
Davie, for truly capturing both sides of Usa, with a creature that manages to be absolutely horrifying despite (or because of?) its ridiculous pink fluffy nature.
Congrats!

Lots of great stuff, and I look forward to seeing Mr. Space Cat's version later.  :D

Davie

• Bay Watcher
  • The King of Explodia
    • View Profile
    • I draw stuff here.

Thanks, DeKaFu!  I aim to please.

I dug around in Legends some more and came with this apocalyptic monstrosity. 

Thought it would be fun to do one really open to interpretation.  Amorphous, winged and flaming!  Anything else goes!  Get to it!
Goddamn wizards.

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

OK, heres my try.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

It took about half an hour.

EDIT: Whoops, how do you change the size of that pic?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 06:12:41 pm by matskuman5 »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

here you go ill do it for you this time but for the future
type "height=number" or "width=number" in the img tag.
the width or height will automatically scale if you just do one like i did here.

number means actual number not the word number.

btw looks really neat :)

matskuman5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Thank you a lot Ameablade!

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

no problemo! :) im here to help

here is my submission!
Animooted!!

its a gif so it might not load on slow interwebs.

here is the higher quality swf of it. (without all the weird dots)

squiddwarf16

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Awesome gif Amea! Heres my Anu.

Hugo_The_Dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Modding Mentor
    • View Profile
    • Regeneration: Forced Evolution

Gonna have to sit this one out, not good with drawing flames, and a winged blob doesn't give really much of a rush for me.

Davie

• Bay Watcher
  • The King of Explodia
    • View Profile
    • I draw stuff here.

Ameablable, that is amazing. :D

I couldn't resist adding my own!  [Warning: somewhat big]

Goddamn wizards.

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

@Davie : Amazing, as usual.

GuesssWho

• Bay Watcher
  • A scaly cat. Beware its acidic webs!
    • View Profile

Yay for the cabinet?
I have no clue what I am doing here.

I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Thank you Davie!

I Really like yours though, it actually looks a lot like fire captured on camera.
great job!
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 87