Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Forgotten beasts and forgotten polls. Is there a way to take this down?

I am an option
- 0 (0%)
I am a better option
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 20, 2013, 03:45:05 pm

Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87

Author Topic: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno Nokastomsu, A Bloated Towering Ape!  (Read 293726 times)

Inarius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Stasno, the feathered 8-legged Kangaroo!
« Reply #765 on: October 27, 2013, 03:06:48 am »

I like the last picture.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey guys! Those bees are absolutely fantastic, sorry for my absence. External projects taking up my time and other excuses. But seeing as there's attention, I shall resume proper maintenance on this thread. I usually have time during weekdays.

The original Bee was posted on the 12th, and we have a few entries. Excellent entries, really. Seeing as it's been just over two weeks, shall we move on to a winner?

Catalyst?
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

I'm going to contact Bitey and try to get her to weigh in on a winner, but failing that I'll announce one myself by, say, Friday.  I also promised her I'd do a drawing this time so I'll try to do that tomorrow :P
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

CatalystParadox

• Bay Watcher
  • hi ho, hi ho...
    • View Profile

Bitey declares:

"It is decided! *dwarven stein bang on table*  Kot wins!"

"The tail stinger is detailed, and I like the colors, and the furriness and missing leg and dead/dying dwarf."

Congratulations Kot!
My proud turn in Failcannon | Uzolnom - "Oiledgod"

Quote from: Mego
I opened up the Unread Replies page and saw that you were the last poster. I got scared. Something about you posting scares me, ever since Failcannon.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I messaged Kot yesterday, I'll give him another day or two.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Kot

• Bay Watcher
  • 2 Patriotic 4 U
    • View Profile
    • Tiny Pixel Soldiers

Oh, yeah, yeah, forgot about you guys a bit, had trouble with network and stuff...
I'll find something in a minute...
EDIT:
Spoiler: Thudel Lekgithu (click to show/hide)
Proably not the most killy beast (coral) or most wicked (humanoid) one but it was only interesting (i actually fought with it, vapors turned out to be quite killy) one in world i generated.

Also, thanks for congratulations and winning.]

EDIT:
Thread is just dead or i did something wrong? :U
« Last Edit: November 10, 2013, 10:23:41 pm by Kot »
Kot finishes his morning routine in the same way he always does, by burning a scale replica of Saint Basil's Cathedral on the windowsill.

ElenaRoan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I'm still putting together my idea, not sure I can pull it off but I'll try.
Someone, get the bug zapper! What do you mean that won't work on a bug the size of a house which glows? No, I don't want to hear it. Just get the damn zapper.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Oh dear god that sounds badass. Sadly I have 0 drawing skill, so I can't really do much for contribution :'(
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

I'm in. I'll start drawing today.  ;D

Oh and kot, this thread never dies. Just sometimes it sits in the corner not knowing what to do with its life. :P

ShadowHammer

• Bay Watcher
  • God is love.
    • View Profile

Mine will probably end up fairly badly, but I'll take a shot at it.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

my rendition of Thundel!
this was very fun to draw :D
i even gave him shadows, which i don't do often, but it was actually easier then i though it was going to be.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile

Now THAT is the stuff of nightmares... I'm scared I'm gonig to go to bed and have THAT BASTARD chasing me

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but its terrifying!
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Now THAT is the stuff of nightmares... I'm scared I'm gonig to go to bed and have THAT BASTARD chasing me

EDIT:
Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but its terrifying!
awesome! thats what i was going for! thanks!
but sorry for spooking up your night.

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Beast Art Contest 2: Thudel the God-Forsaken Sins
« Reply #778 on: November 15, 2013, 06:40:23 pm »

Thread updated! Sorry guys, this has been a hell week for me. I've been preparing for a DOTA 2 tournament with new teammates. You can never have too much practice...

Thread is just dead or i did something wrong? :U

Nope, all me here. I'm uh... not proud of it :P

Oh dear god that sounds badass. Sadly I have 0 drawing skill, so I can't really do much for contribution :'(

If you have an idea, draw it anyways! Drawing skill isn't all that relevant, it's the effort and the idea behind it :D

And Ameablable that thing is delightfully horrifying. Not something you want climbing up a well...

---

By the current 2-week time period, the deadline will be Wednesday, November 20th. Does that sound reasonable?
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 06:43:28 pm by CognitiveDissonance »

Ameablable

• Bay Watcher
  • Amy Bull Able
    • View Profile

Yes very reasonable.
And thanks :)
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 87