Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13524 times)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One, Turn 2 - The Land of Albion
« Reply #210 on: April 01, 2013, 05:37:50 am »

Sadly, with the new clay works requriing all its time, Leonardo had no time to lead his troops into battle. However, he had to do something for his Jonasburg allies.

I will provide for up to 2 more Might to help Jonasburg, on the same term they proposed.
I will also accept the offers from Higgs and the Mercassians.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: April 01, 2013, 06:49:06 am »

Sadly, with the new clay works requriing all its time, Leonardo had no time to lead his troops into battle. However, he had to do something for his Jonasburg allies.

I will provide for up to 2 more Might to help Jonasburg, on the same term they proposed.
I will also accept the offers from Higgs and the Mercassians.

Sheb, are you aware that you have no PC left to spend?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: April 01, 2013, 10:59:27 am »

Apparently I wasn't clear enough. What I'm doing is offering up to 4 Wealth to buy Might at 2 Wealth/Might to support the Jonasburg. I'm basically extending the mercenary contract they have for up to 5 Might.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: April 01, 2013, 09:28:38 pm »

What's my current relation with Red Baronies?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: April 02, 2013, 08:17:37 am »

It's my birthday (26!) and my girlfriend is coming over to stay for the week, so updates will be thin on the ground (~1/day) because she likes to monopolise my time!  (Which is fair, because we're long distance and only really see one another a couple of days every month.)  That said, I have time to knock off a quick order execution before I have to go pick her up from the train station.

What's my current relation with Red Baronies?

Neutral.  It will take 2.8 more Influence to hit Pleased, assuming nothing changes in their circumstances.

Spoiler: Orders (click to show/hide)

Quote from: Events
The Duchy of Phantoni reassigns part of its diplomatic corps, moving 2 Influence over to sweetening relations with Trilania.  (Cost: 2PC)

Primeria transfers 2 Wealth to the Duchy of Phantoni.
Primeria builds 2 Might at the cost of 1.6 Wealth.

The Ferdicis set up a standing payment of 6 Wealth/Turn to Higgs and Mercassia (half each), who both reassign 2 Influence each to improving Ferdicis relations with the Technocrats.

Jonasburg recruits 2 Might at a cost of 1.2 Wealth and masses its forces at the border of Morgrad.

Morgrad raises 1 Might at a cost of 0.8 Wealth, bringing its total to 5.

Quote from: Diplomacy
With a combined potential force of (3+3+3) 9 Might on the side of Jonasburg and (5+1+1) 7 Might on the side of Morgrad, Morgrad sees little hope of succeeding in the standoff.  It pleads any other sides to intervene who might, as it is on the verge of surrender.

On a successful capitulation under these conditions, Jonasburg will pay out 6 Wealth to Finster and 4 Wealth to Fengrad.  Morgrad will pay nothing on capitulation.

Shrot of an active attack by one side or the other, it looks as if this conflict will resolve on threats alone, without violence.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: April 02, 2013, 08:25:21 am »

Happy Birthday and enjoy your free time!

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: April 02, 2013, 07:11:52 pm »

Wait, I thought influence was unassigned every turn.
If I knew I had to pay PC to do my action, I wouldn't of done it.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: April 02, 2013, 10:23:54 pm »

Wait, how does that add up? I got Mecklen's influence and Mcclay's influence amounting to two, as I recall, and I also paid for Mecklen's this turn.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: April 03, 2013, 05:07:40 am »

Emral, RTFM. If influence disassigned itself each turn, why would you ever need to re-assign it?
Urist, how many total influence did you spend?

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: April 04, 2013, 12:45:16 am »

Eh, I thought you were able to use PC to effectively get a point of influence. It actually makes more sense this way though.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: April 04, 2013, 08:26:07 am »

Wait, how does that add up? I got Mecklen's influence and Mcclay's influence amounting to two, as I recall, and I also paid for Mecklen's this turn.

In the case of the Red Baronies, it takes 4.8 Influence to shift them up a relations category.  You got 2 points of influence last turn from Mecklen and the Wall, and this turn you'll get another 2 points assuming influence assignment stays the same.

Influence adjustments to attitude are done at the end of turns, partly in case of reassignment.  For instance, were Mecklen to betray you or suddenly find they were subject to massive unrest, they might decide to reassign their Influence - at which point you wouldn't get the benefit of improved relations.

I'll post a bit later on more things.  It looks like this is going to be a short turn, so I'll do the results of the minor crisis and then a quick "any last orders" with a turn likely tomorrow.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: April 05, 2013, 07:51:55 am »

Quote from: Diplomacy
With no other recourse, the Duchy of Morgrad capitulates to the demands of the Jonasburg Barony, ceding the port town of Norwhen (1 Economic Infrastructure).  Because Morgrad was unable to provide sufficient deterrent, it considers itself not obliged to pay out any of the funds promised to pledged parties.

The Jonasburgs pay out 6 Wealth to the Jarldom of Finster and 4 Wealth to the Free City of Fengrad for their assistance.

Unless there are further orders, the turn will end at the end of the day and turn 3 will begin.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: April 05, 2013, 08:02:08 am »

Yay Jonasburg! You show 'hem!

Now, it do sound good to me. I'm ready for next turn.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: April 05, 2013, 09:12:50 pm »

Hire two might for 1.6 PC

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: April 06, 2013, 10:37:09 am »

Quote from: Events
The Duchy of Morgrad, after some persuasion, has agreed to accept the protection of the Kingdom of Primeria as a vassal state.  It is now obliged to provide military assistance to Primeria for defensive purposes.

Morgrad disbands 2 Might.

The Liga Bentanii recruit 2 Might at a cost of 1.6 Wealth.

The Turn has Ended - A New Turn will Follow!

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 18