Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13539 times)

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One - The Land of Albion
« Reply #165 on: March 28, 2013, 02:20:47 pm »

Nobody is meaning you Mcclay. i meant the rest anyhow.

Send 5.2 Wealth to Primeria

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: March 28, 2013, 02:23:47 pm »

Iituem, do you mind holding up with order execution for a bit? I'm considering Emral's offer and i need to see all of my option for action.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: March 28, 2013, 02:27:02 pm »

Gladly, I'm combing through missives right now and need to have dinner in a bit anyway.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: March 28, 2013, 02:37:53 pm »

@Emral:Primeria agreees to the offer of a defensive alliance against Finster (no raiding my allies, Ghaz!). Primeria also invites to expansion of said alliance with non-agression clauses and mutual securites for allied minors.
To Mercassia and Hark- inquire about thier current defense and offence capabilities to find out if guarantees or deployments are needed.

I will also offer Trilania 3 gold and the right to loot or take as much of Finster's military infrastructure as they want if they send in 3-4 might as well.

Quote from: Diplomacy
Mercassia has 1 Might on standby at present, though it is training new troops.  It would prefer to keep them strictly for defense.  Hark has 3 Might and would be unwilling to contribute more than 1 Might to offense right now, at a cost of 2.5 Wealth.

Trilania can only afford to spare 1 Might, which it will do at a cost of 2.5 Wealth given your pressing need.

Order executions to follow later.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: March 28, 2013, 02:47:20 pm »

Emral, you still have time to correct your orders if you accept my offer of leaving ghaz alone for neutrality. Otherwise I'm commited to defend him.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: March 28, 2013, 02:48:19 pm »

So you're accepting Emral's offer?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: March 28, 2013, 02:49:30 pm »

So you're accepting Emral's offer?
No, I'm telling him to pull out in exchange for an offer I made him. I'm not abandoning Ghaz.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: March 28, 2013, 02:56:43 pm »

My proposed deal is not retroactive.
The neutrality starts when the deal is accepted, preferably before the next actionset.
Gonna be away for a bit though, playing some new stuff I got.
But very well, Is the deal better if I say it's only for offensive actions?
Ardas can defend Ghaz as much as he wants and even take back conquered inf.
But nothing beyond that.
Is that better?

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: March 28, 2013, 02:58:56 pm »

Mildly confused.  Emral, can you restate your conditional action for me please?  I'm bearing in mind that Urist's action is conditional on yours as well, unless he changes that (since Urist said to only go ahead with hiring the Molnyar if you send in 2 Might yourself).

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: March 28, 2013, 03:02:43 pm »

I'm not going to attack if this deal is accepted:
I will pull back my troops and retract my offer to Trilania.
Neither Ardas nor I will send troops on offensive actions except to take back conquered Inf to their original owner.
This deal is Null and Voided if Ardas or I am attacked by any other party.

Granted this is only the current version of the deal, I might alter it based on feedback.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: March 28, 2013, 03:06:37 pm »

This deal is Null and Voided if Ardas or I am attacked by any other party.

Ok, so unless one of us gets attacked, we won't attack anyone else except to help defend the current allies (in my case its ghaz), correct?

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: March 28, 2013, 03:22:22 pm »

Yuppers
Edit: Well, any other player and their allies.
Unallied NPC nations are fair game obviously.
Edit Edit:
Oh, and mercing out units for offensive purposes is also a no-no
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 03:24:45 pm by Emral282 »

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: March 28, 2013, 11:08:55 pm »

...okay, I don't particularly want to execute actions until I have at the very least an official acceptance of this deal between you from both sides.  Like I said, Urist's action is dependent upon Emral's, and Emral's is now dependent upon Ardas'.  Ardas has already stated the conditions for his action (which depend upon someone invading Finster).

As of this moment, nobody is actually performing any actions, all I have are a series of threats and guarantees.  Is this correct?  If so I'll proceed with action executions from there.

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: March 29, 2013, 12:15:11 am »

...okay, I don't particularly want to execute actions until I have at the very least an official acceptance of this deal between you from both sides.  Like I said, Urist's action is dependent upon Emral's, and Emral's is now dependent upon Ardas'.  Ardas has already stated the conditions for his action (which depend upon someone invading Finster).

As of this moment, nobody is actually performing any actions, all I have are a series of threats and guarantees.  Is this correct?  If so I'll proceed with action executions from there.
I personally nominate new PC be given out at a set time each day. Otherwise, if I had decided to be Ardas a jerk, I would have held back all my PC and hit Sitra or Ghaz City depending on which side my enemies defended.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: March 29, 2013, 01:43:52 am »

I personally nominate new PC be given out at a set time each day. Otherwise, if I had decided to be Ardas a jerk, I would have held back all my PC and hit Sitra or Ghaz City depending on which side my enemies defended.

That is an entirely legitimate strategy.  The lesson to take from this is to be reasonably sure of your political status before making actions, since someone will always have to go first, and retain enough Might to defend yourself in case of this very circumstance.

Okay, unless I get a confirmation on definite actions being taken, I'm going to assume that the various conditional threats cancel each other out and nobody is doing anything at this point.  I'll run one more order execution, give people the chance to do anything else they need to, then we'll go into turn 2.

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 18