Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13557 times)

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One - The Land of Albion
« Reply #150 on: March 28, 2013, 01:41:37 pm »

What extra mercenaries? where are they?

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: March 28, 2013, 01:42:18 pm »

You know what Urist?

but i have allies Sheb, they get ridiculous amounts of Wealht right now if Emral doesn't retreat. And im doing the only logical thing right now.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 01:44:06 pm by Ghazkull »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: March 28, 2013, 01:44:34 pm »

AFAIK, the Khanate thing only got one Might. That should wiped by Urist's Merc.

Ardas: the two Iituem forget to include in the last battle. Urist decided to use them again. Now, we're looking at 4 extra mights attacking + Emral's allies. And 3 defending if I'm counting right (2 from Ardas, one from Khanate).

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: March 28, 2013, 01:47:08 pm »

You aregument is just awesome sheb. i didn't expect hlaf the players ot behave like rabid dogs but you seem to derive fun from that. anyhow.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:15:19 pm by Ghazkull »

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: March 28, 2013, 01:48:31 pm »

I will not say whether or not I will retreat unless the GM says I will get the PC back from it.
If I don't get the PC back I am not in a position where I CAN retreat; I either need to gain some econ inf, lose some might, or both.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: March 28, 2013, 01:50:27 pm »

right now you have only given the order. You have not sent the troops until Iituems say so. so the PC are not (yet) spent.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 28, 2013, 01:50:45 pm »

Ghaz, please stop whining. The way this game is designed, we'd be fool not to press our advantage. Plus it's not like you're going to loose much beyond a couple Inf this turn.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: March 28, 2013, 01:52:11 pm »

and next turn a couple more and then a couple more. Im  not whining sheb im doing a legitimate game move. I am razing all my lands and send the wealth to ardas if you attack. Its simple and it works, have fun.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 28, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »

Which is called ragequitting. It's your right, but it's hardly fun to loose as soon as you're not winning anymore.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 28, 2013, 01:55:13 pm »

Guy,s chill out. for real, lets not get wrapped up in hundred of tinmy messages, it will take forever for Iituem to find out whats going on.

And Sheb, losing in turn 1 is hardly ever fun for anyone., take that into account.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 28, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

How's this for a deal:
I won't send in those 2 troops in this turn and cancel my offer to Trilania.
I won't send any troops against EITHER side of this war for any purpose as long as Ardas does the same.
If me or Ardas is attacked this agreement is nulled.

In other words I will stay completely neutral in this conflict as long as Ardas does too.
Is this agreeable?
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:07:20 pm by Emral282 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 28, 2013, 02:12:51 pm »

Ardas already intervened.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 28, 2013, 02:17:07 pm »

Ardas already intervened.

We are still dealing as you can see. I am tempted to take Emral's offer, I will need to tweak few things.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 28, 2013, 02:17:54 pm »

Guy,s chill out. for real, lets not get wrapped up in hundred of tinmy messages, it will take forever for Iituem to find out whats going on.

And Sheb, losing in turn 1 is hardly ever fun for anyone., take that into account.

What he said.  Reading through this all now.  That said the game is very cut-throat and I want it that way, just try not to get into OOC angers about it; you win some, you lose some.  The betrayal trick with the first set of mercenaries worked quite well.  Now the other side of players are trying to pull the same.  We'll see how well that works for them.

To add to this, yes, the only way to lose on turn 1 is to either slash/burn everything (I'm not sure if I'd allow that since a conflict is underway) or for your enemy to park 6+ Might in your theatre after victory is achieved.  Technically you could get reduced to 1 Social Infrastructure and still survive this game*.

*Declare despotism (instant, since you only have 1 Infr), raze your Social Infr and immediately build a Wealth Infr.  Put yourself in an immediate defensive alliance with a more powerful player and offer them 0.5-1 Wealth/turn for protection, then try and claw your way back through more subtle means - if you had the patience you could manage it with 1 Social and 1 Economic under those rules.  Pay tribute to the greater ally, then schmooze your relations to Fanatic with an AI nation and annexe them.  You're safely back to 6 Infr at that point and you're back in the game.

Edit:  I'll give you a free tip, guys.  No AI nation has more than 3 Clout (50% of their Infrastructure) at this stage of the game.  Plan accordingly.
« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 02:19:36 pm by Iituem »
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 28, 2013, 02:19:19 pm »

I attacked Ghaz because he was directly to my north and had was hurting a possible ally. I'm staying in the fight because you took my fucking ally from me. Why the hell would I back down?
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 18