Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18

Author Topic: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King  (Read 13516 times)

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Clout: Round One, Turn 3 - The Philosopher King
« Reply #240 on: April 15, 2013, 07:28:09 pm »

Can anyone tell me how did Mercassia raise 5 Might with 2 Military Infra?

Via a bug!  Ahem, correcting that.  Mercassia only builds 2 Might now (don't have my data sheet with me, so I'll correct that later), but offers 2 Wealth/Might to any side to buy up to 6 additional Might.  Robert is justifiably paranoid.

So since Robert's my buddy, do I not need to build that social infrastructure anymore?

Nope, you're still suffering the effects of a cultural shift towards God, Robert was simply the start of it.  However, I'll rule that his alliance with the Ferdicis (since they're now your allies) will count to get you out of the financial crash, so long as the Ferdicis and Mercassians remain your allies at the end of the turn.

That said, if you don't build the cathedral now you can build it later, you'll just suffer a slight penalty until you do.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Iituem

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: April 17, 2013, 01:46:01 pm »

Alright, just in case anyone had anything they were waiting on, you've got one day to post further actions otherwise I'll end the turn (including the reserved action on Urist's part) tomorrow night.
Let's Play Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magic Obscura! - The adventures of Jack Hunt, gentleman rogue.

No slaughtering every man, woman and child we see just to teleport to the moon.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
  • Skippity-Bap-Pap for your soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: April 18, 2013, 11:21:29 am »

With violation of the Alliance compact and foreign interference, Primeria felt obliged to carry out its threats. The Ferdicis interfered with Robert and bought him in a shameful act. They had to be punished.

Primeria mobilises its forces and sends 6 Might to Ferdicis (2 Primerian and 4 Finster if Ghaz agrees to give me them for the duration of the campaign in exchange for loot as agreed, otherwise just Primerian army). [6 PC]

Allied nations and vassals are informed to be at the ready in case if any of them is attacked or Primeria proper is invaded.
Count Robert the Traitor is given an ultimatum to abandon his paymasters and return to Primerian Alliance, as well as pay out 15 Wealth as a recompensation or face punitive invasion.

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: April 18, 2013, 11:28:36 am »

Later that day, in the Royal Office of Phantoni.

A scribe went up to the old Duke and bowed. "Milord, no response has been received from the Merchant Families, what shall we do?"

The Duke paced the room in thought and then spoke "There is nothing to be done about it. We must accept the Primerian offer. Send words to Primeria and the Troops. We march to war."

4 Phantoni Might marches with the Primerians to the Ferdicis.

Ghazkull

• Bay Watcher
  • Can Improve, will give back better...
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: April 18, 2013, 02:12:11 pm »

Already Finsterian Raiding Ships arrived at the Primerian Capital. Inside over four-thousand men awaiting glory and plunder.

Give the 4 Might as mercenaries to Primeria

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: April 19, 2013, 07:16:33 am »

Ask my allies to stand by me.

Ardas, what are your terms? I just hate having my allies taken from me, but I never meant war.

Emral, I don't know how much Ardas offered you, but I'll top that by 20% if you stand by us inside.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: April 19, 2013, 08:03:38 am »

Primeria threatens war with all forces and means possible (up to 6 might + all of allies) on anyone who harms Robert the Just or interferes with the county in any way (in particular the Ferdici who sent threats to Primeria already).

I don't usually make empty threats. I'm taking Mercassia back. Can you offer me something that I can't take by force?

Urist_McDrowner

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: April 19, 2013, 08:24:23 am »

Recruit 2 might, have as many troops standing by for defense of Ferdicis as needed. Send the 12 gold to the Baronies for an alliance. (I have enough, right?)

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: April 19, 2013, 08:46:29 am »

Even if you could take anything by force (I'm waiting for the allies' roll-call to see if you can), it'll cost you a lot of Might (althoug, crafty as you are, you manage to make your allies carry most of the costs). Negociation would be cheaper.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: April 19, 2013, 09:16:19 am »

Its a zero-sum game for me. Unless you can offer me a really good deal, your loss is my win. Besides, I would lose credibility with NPCs if I wouldn't follow through with my threats and you need to learn that I am not talking in vain.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: April 19, 2013, 09:33:50 am »

Sorry, I can't play anymore. I have too much on my plate IRL. Thanks for the fun game guys!
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Emral282

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: April 19, 2013, 12:49:21 pm »

The thing is Sheb, I already OFFERED Urist a deal and he refused me.
Urist also said he would consult you about the deal so it's a bit late to give a counteroffer; if you wanted to do so you shoulda done it when I told him that I would be looking elsewhere for a deal.
Plus, losing some might is in and of itself a good thing for me. It means I have to pay less military upkeep which is was is putting me into the red.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 12:51:30 pm by Emral282 »

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: April 19, 2013, 01:04:21 pm »

What? The information didn't got through.

Ardas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: April 19, 2013, 01:47:19 pm »

Tel you what Sheb - you renounce your claims to Mercassia and return it to me and allow it to flip those counties and I will withdraw.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: April 19, 2013, 01:53:54 pm »

Hell no, that would wreck my standing, and I'd loose my last ally.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18