Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: MEDIC!!!  (Read 3411 times)

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
Re: MEDIC!!!
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2013, 02:44:54 pm »

This is cool, but I would like to point out one important thing: The only thing the Chief medical dwarf does is enable the healthcare screen. He is not required to do diagnostic work on patients, and any dwarf with the diagnostician skill enabled will do the job.

So while this is cool, all it does is give you the ability to have the healthcare screen enabled without having a chief medical dwarf.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

Isnt he needed for this first diagnostic on a dwarf, before anyone else does anything on him? I am not entirely sure about this, but I think I remember this. It might have changed, or might have been false information all along, but I read it on several occasions. Which might or might not be true, regardless of what I just send smake in a PM, saying that it is true. ^^
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2013, 04:15:42 pm »

Which might or might not be true, regardless of what I just send smake in a PM, saying that it is true. ^^

:D lol

My personal favorite twist on healthcare is appointment-as-needed workers who also do [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE] and [RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS].
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Advocates of nonstandard bureaucracy might also like multiple MANAGE_PRODUCTIONers to validate those work orders ASAP.

jimboo

• Bay Watcher
  • Bastart
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 05, 2013, 07:22:44 am »

This is cool, but I would like to point out one important thing: The only thing the Chief medical dwarf does is enable the healthcare screen. He is not required to do diagnostic work on patients, and any dwarf with the diagnostician skill enabled will do the job.

So while this is cool, all it does is give you the ability to have the healthcare screen enabled without having a chief medical dwarf.

Semantic nit-picking but -- "any dwarf with the diagnostician skill enabled will do the job" is perhaps more accurately, CAN do the job.  WILL do the job if restricted to a  hospital warren.  Probably.  Just sayin'.  It's rather like, any dwarf with item hauling labor enabled CAN carry the leftover stuff to the Atom Smasher, but when he feels like getting around to it seems to be a random event. 
Good walls make for good neighbors. -- Urist Frost
Avatar photo credit: NomeDaBoy@Worth1000.com, reposted from BoingBoing.net (great site)

Guthbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 05, 2013, 07:34:13 am »

This is a very elegant fix. Kudos to you, sir.

I've noticed that enabling diagnosis ability across a large swath of dwarves gets everyone out the hospital door quicker after a siege and the problems with chronic rot and infection have mostly gone away, even without soap.

I especially do that when playing kobold camp. They seem to have a huge number of wounded if so much as a honey badger falls into the cave pit.

Kon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 05, 2013, 10:12:36 am »

This is a very elegant fix. Kudos to you, sir.

I've noticed that enabling diagnosis ability across a large swath of dwarves gets everyone out the hospital door quicker after a siege and the problems with chronic rot and infection have mostly gone away, even without soap.

I especially do that when playing kobold camp. They seem to have a huge number of wounded if so much as a honey badger falls into the cave pit.

Me, too. In a mature fort, I will have 3 to 5 dwarves assigned each of the doctor skills. If, say, you have four dwarves each assigned only the 'diagnostician' skill, you should have no problem with dwarves getting diagnosed quickly.
I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2013, 12:47:22 pm »

Which might or might not be true, regardless of what I just send smake in a PM, saying that it is true. ^^

:D lol

My personal favorite twist on healthcare is appointment-as-needed workers who also do [RESPONSIBILITY:BUILD_MORALE] and [RESPONSIBILITY:MEET_WORKERS].

Advocates of nonstandard bureaucracy might also like multiple MANAGE_PRODUCTIONers to validate those work orders ASAP.
Very interesting. Going to be playing with the non-standard bureaucracy.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting
Pages: 1 [2]