Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35

Author Topic: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 32  (Read 77662 times)

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 3
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2013, 04:56:52 pm »

Me too. Hopefully a shameless self insert does't count as silly!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Turn 4
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »

Reach through the bars towards the guy who tried to grab me, and grab him. Observe.
[5v3-1] You grab his arm. [2] You don't see anything happen.
[3] Nothing at all.

Pick up guards and toss them through the doors for intimidation.
[3+1v3;1+2;6+1] You grab a guard by the shoulder and toss him a few feet towards the door. They laugh, charging at you; [6+2v5+1] despite their numbers and skill in not being hit, several of them are sent sprawling across the floor.
[2] Aside from a few scrapes, you seem the same. Although you do have a headache...

"Eh why the hell not, also do you know how to teach a dyslexic to read, because the serum has messed me up."
A booster shot! WHY NOT!
[4+1-1] "Eh, why not?" You get another shot. Nice, now we have an extra-mutater!
[2+1, NA] Your hair turns charcoal. The color, not the burned thing.

Rick gives the worm a glance, shrugging. "Help'd be appretiated now, I'm suppos'in. Any you could give would be fine, or just the company I suppose." He doesn't seem to care much about being caged, still going about his busy lazily and at his own pace. Rick stares at one of the scientists for a bit, before drawling some more. "So, whats ta happen if'in this works? You cagin' us? Can't see that doing much beyond rilin' us up. Couldn't you do some... Whatchacallit... Testin' on rats first? Seems a mite dangerous to go full so fast an all... You sure I can't have my job back?"
Talks to worm, stares at scientist and talks to him.
Firstly, the worm. "I suppose a totem's supposed to hell his tribe, no? And you are about the only tribe I have--last of my last one died a while ago." As you ponder this odd statement, the worm crawls towards you...
Lastly, the scientist. [3] "Seeing as this is supposed to produce controllable changes in HUMANS, I fail to see how we should have been obligated to perform more extensive tests on nonhumans. Heck, we took a few wild rats, subjected them to these stimuli, they all developed mathematical thought processes and reshapeable flesh, but when we did the same to a test group of lab mice...where were we? Oh, yes, your job..."
[4] You feel a weird tingling, like sticking your hand in an outlet. [2] "...I don't think we can do that. Well, I definitely can't, nor do I think we should."

CONTINUE! DOING! RITUAL!
It's probably been long enough by now.
You feel yourself leave your body, and drift towards [6] that crazy homeless guy. [4v6] You are battered back to your body.
[6] You start secreting a slime which starts numbing you before you go ahead and lose all sense of touch.

Take off my sneakers and smash the light bulb, alternately find the light switch
Then bite one of the cage guys

[2+1] You see the light switch, just beyond the crazy homeless guy. Deciding you're better off with your first idea, you take off your sneakers and bang at the lights...or, rather, the plastic tile-shaped covers over the lights in the ceiling. [1-1] You twist one of your ankles. Ow.
[1] No mutation comes along to help you.

Move through the building, searching for a window.
[6v4+1] You sneak past the crazy homeless guy and the crazy guys fighting him (you know they're crazy because they chose to fight him), and [4] into a hallway with a few people in it, wondering what's going on in Test Room E, with a window at one end.
[2] You stay as normal as you are, which is to say you're still weird but don't change further.

NPC Actions:
Those in the room [3+1] dodge flying morons and continue to take notes, trying to pretend they weren't about to try and capture more. In the hall, two people note Joe Bridger, aka "Would be Crazy Joe if we didn't already have one," and [3+1v1] tackle him to the ground. Another person in the hallway is unhappy to note that Joe is just wearing a pink bathrobe, no shorts or anything underneath.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)

-----

The new guys are in the waitlist, which should be big enough that I could add a new group (although not so big we can't have more). However, my GM senses indicate that a dozen PCs with a changing list of dis/abilities in two or more groups would be a bit...much, so I'll wait until the herd has been thinned a little.

In other news...how much is it annoying you guys to need to experiment to discover your powers?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 4
« Reply #47 on: March 26, 2013, 05:59:10 pm »

Examine the window. What is outside? What is it made of? Can it be opened?

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 26, 2013, 06:01:50 pm »

Secrete all over Joe. Convince him to bust through the wall.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 26, 2013, 06:03:56 pm »

Two people tackled you, wanna do something about that?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 26, 2013, 06:13:43 pm »

Very annoying.

I have the metamorphica and with about a full two thirds of these I wouldn't even know how to narrow it down.

Mass Melee Murder Mashup.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 26, 2013, 06:16:08 pm »

Claw their eyes out with a falcon treat, then do the above.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 26, 2013, 07:17:28 pm »

hit the light switch, mug technicians for mutagens
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 26, 2013, 07:33:47 pm »

"Alright then, what are you going to do to the sane ones of our group when this is all finished?"
Touch hair, wonder if I could get a job working as a hobbit.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 26, 2013, 09:51:06 pm »

Go touch everyone!
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 26, 2013, 11:11:23 pm »

"Well... Dang. With this economy and all, you know how it is. Can I hope to get a good reference at least?" Rick seems utterly oblivious to the tense situation around him beyond his boredom. "Either way, I'm thinking I'll be hitting the trail I suppose. Don't want to take more of your time than I have to." He tries to get out of the cage, before pausing and scooping up the worm. "Come'ere little guy, I gotcha. No need for you to make so much fuss."

Talks to scientist some more, grabs worm gently and puts it in front jumpsuit pocket, leaves cage.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Turn 5
« Reply #56 on: March 27, 2013, 09:30:05 am »

Claw their eyes out with a falcon treat, then do the above.
You pull out a falcon treat and [4v6] stick it where one guy's head was moments before.
[6] Your attempt causes your hand to brush the other guy, causing him to shockedly disintegrate from the point of contact and you to feel tired. The first guy jumps up and runs, letting you examine the window.
It seems to be made of something clear and looks out from maybe four or five feet above the ground on a small town with a fair amount of nature present. Greenfield, you think it's called. It can be opened by rotating it outward...ah, fresh spring air!

Secrete all over Joe. Convince him to bust through the wall.
You cleverly run over to Joe, [4v5] missing by an inch (or five) and [4+2-1v2] getting tossed across the room. [4] You stay conscious.
[5] You hear whispers of a new ritual...one which will help you discern others' intentions.

Mass Melee Murder Mashup.
[4+2v3] You toss several people across the room, at least one is dead. No one is attacking you now.
[2] And even your body is still.

hit the light switch, mug technicians for mutagens
[1v3+1] Crazy Joe backhands you, which knocks you down and back a foot. Ouch.
[2] You get nothing new except pain.

"Alright then, what are you going to do to the sane ones of our group when this is all finished?"
Touch hair, wonder if I could get a job working as a hobbit.
"That depends on how much of a danger they are..." Your hair feels like hair. You might get a job as a hobbit if anyone is hiring (and you don't grow tentacles or anything).
[2+1,NA] You vomit a little more and stand up...well, you'd be emaciated if your bones hadn't seemed to shrink as well. Maybe you shouldn't hope for being a hobbit...or else maybe you could invest in a hobbit-sized fat suit?

Go touch everyone!
[5v3+1] You touch three people. [1,5,1] The two employees you touch break out in sores instantly, but Crazy Joe [5+2v4] punches you in the chest, sending you sprawling backwards.
[3] And nothing new happens.

"Well... Dang. With this economy and all, you know how it is. Can I hope to get a good reference at least?" Rick seems utterly oblivious to the tense situation around him beyond his boredom. "Either way, I'm thinking I'll be hitting the trail I suppose. Don't want to take more of your time than I have to." He tries to get out of the cage, before pausing and scooping up the worm. "Come'ere little guy, I gotcha. No need for you to make so much fuss."
Talks to scientist some more, grabs worm gently and puts it in front jumpsuit pocket, leaves cage.
"Just so you know...that cage is locked. They're autolocked. That's why that guy two cages to your left hasn't left." He seems to be telling the truth. Meanwhile, the worm has crawled to the cage and seems to be examining it. "It's times like this I wish I didn't have just these ocelli."
[1] You contemplate the possibility that you are hallucinating.

NPC Actions:
People are fleeing at a swift rate, some donning protective suits and some calling people on their cell phones. One young woman pushes past Bridger and [4-1] manages to squeeze her legs and abdomen through the window opening before getting stuck.

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Metamorphican Madness II: Turn 5
« Reply #57 on: March 27, 2013, 10:04:56 am »

Break through the wall where the window is.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 27, 2013, 10:13:50 am »

Break through the wall where the window is.
You can do that, but in case you forgot the window is in the hall, right by Remuthra's character (the other Joe).
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 27, 2013, 10:14:51 am »

Well, go out into the hall and do that.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 35