Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14

Author Topic: EÄ (Lord of The Rings) [1.4]  (Read 56836 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile

Hey, I remember this!
About the dragons: I agree with whoever said that thing about ...hold on, post finding.
Well, there are werewolves and vampires in Tolken, but they are more like giant wolves/man-bat things respectivly. Actually, they could make decent night creatures or semimegabeasts.

Also, on dragons: I proposed this in another Middle-earth thread, but one could use split up dragons into several monsters:

Cold Drakes were wingless and fireless, and could be stock creatures under the thrall of evil (naturaly, it would be increadably expensive for playable orcs to obtain one).

Fire-Drakes, or dragons that can simply breath fire, could be semimegabeasts. Really, there normal DF dragons, not much to change besides possibly a shrinking in size.

There's also dragons with both wings and fire, which are by far the rarest and are actualy exinct by the time of TLoTR. Presumably, they would be straight-up megabeasts that could presumably end a dwarven fortress...like Smaug. :D

Also, there are Long-Worms like Scatha, which, for the sake of expanding the creature list, could be Linnorm-like creatures who spawn occasinaly in colder biomes.
This is a good plan. Only we'd need to account for unique creatures like Ancalagon.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Oyahbah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

pls let us play as the 9.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile

pls let us play as the 9.

You could always pretend. (Not really possible with modding)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

Somebody needs to make Middle-Earth in Perfect World.

In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile

10 internets for you!
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile

Nice, that's the version from the old Middle-Earth mod thread which ended with nothing for now, right? I planned to use that and give you a credit, great job Putnam.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
✫ DF Wanderer ✫ - the adventure mode crafting and tweaks
✫ Cartographer's Lounge ✫ - a custom worldgen repository

lukstra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

An idea: is it possible to make some of the older races present in middle earth naturally decline in world generation by making them strong but have few children (elves as a possible example?)? This way you could wait for only 100 years to play in a world similar to the older ages of middle earth (the first age?), while waiting for 1000 years would probably produce a world similar to one of the later ages of middle earth (the fourth age?).

Edit:
In addition, is it possible to simply make some races decline? As in the children have a high chance of become a caste that is less powerful than the parents? I'm thinking for example: Númenor -> men of the fourth age
« Last Edit: June 10, 2013, 04:29:51 pm by lukstra »

Firehawk45

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Meph had the balrog in his masterwork mod as a diggable stone that transformed the dwarf into "a dwarf that dug too deep" and then summoned the thing. Would make sense to boobytrap mithril veins with that stone i think

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
Re: [ OMTRTA Beta3 ] || Lord of The Rings ||
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2013, 05:15:27 am »

Hey Deon!  Are your hobbits based on my old hobbits at all, or just a case of parallel development?

Don't mind either way, keep on truckin', I like the idea of this mod quite a bit.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2013, 08:47:54 am »

They are just smaller humans with hairy feet :). Everything I make is usually made from scratch, I didn't remember you had hobbits :). I should work on this mod more. My wife leaves to Egypt in two days so I should have plenty of time.
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬

Thuellai

• Bay Watcher
  • Nobody's business but the Turks
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2013, 04:11:55 pm »

Mine are basically smaller humans with hairy feet, too, along with some slightly different attribute ranges and natural skill in thrower

I figured it was just parallel development.

I'm willing to help, if I think of anything LotR that's missing, I'll bring it up.
When you're following an angel, does it mean you have to throw your body off a building?

"So kids, what story do you want me to read to you tonight?"
"Oooh!  Oooh!  Goldibeard and the The Rotting Corpses!"
~LegacyCWAL

Sebmono

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [ LOTR Beta3 ] || Lord of The Rings ||
« Reply #73 on: October 23, 2013, 11:04:57 pm »

I shockingly only today found out about this mod, is it still being worked on? What kind of help is needed?

Deon

• Bay Watcher
  • 💀 💀 💀 💀 💀
    • View Profile
Re: [ LOTR Beta3 ] || Lord of The Rings ||
« Reply #74 on: October 23, 2013, 11:27:48 pm »

It's been in beta for quite a while because there's not a lot of feedback provided. I really like to work with community and add stuff people want :).

I can patch it any time you want. Maybe you could try it and say what you like/don't like? :)
▬(ஜ۩۞۩ஜ)▬
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 14