Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Spinesbreach - Tales of Ice and Ingenuity [COMMUNITY/SUCCESSION]  (Read 1232 times)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr

Journey to the West.
On the first day, the General came to me. "Ser Kegethfikod" He said, twirling a fine ruddy mustache in his thick fingers, "Our Queen requests a boon. Your indisputable talents are required in the service of the Crown." Fine words.

On the second day, I began to understand the purposes of his odd requests. He was after my men, of course, my money, my wagons. An expedition to the far west, under the cover of a merchant train - a covert settlement. Sealed orders from Momuzgan, he claimed, but if the Queen had any true stake in the project, she never showed herself or made it clear.

On the third to sixth days, Mediator Lismamud met personally with the wagoneers, the suppliers, even the artisans. He took me along, of course. His word was meaningless without my coin. It was to be a research settlement, under cover of distance and darkness, situated in the frozen west. If needed, the Mediator was quick to say, another leader could be found - but they might 'accidentally' release certain incriminating trade documents. The message was clear.

On the fifty-first day, the wagon threw a wheel, lurched to the side, and snapped clean along the rear axle. Two days from the frozen ocean, but close enough; picks and axes were passed out, and stakes sunk. We had arrived.

Embark images
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

OOC Summary
This is a community fortress/succession fort with two-year turns. It uses three mods, two of which will be kept secret and the third of which is Wanderer's Friend. Spinesbreach is a tundral fortress founded under sealed orders from the Crown for the purposes of expanding dwarven ingenuity and technology through applied science. Each ruler is expected to complete some form of scientific marvel or feat of engineering over the course of their turn - be it a perpetual motion generator, a magma cannon, an ingenious pump stack to bring water to the surface, or a grand statue of Armok Himself.

Please post if you would like to take a two-year stint as Director, or if you would like to be dorfed.

Player list (playing, turn complete, skipped, waiting)
Lofn - Playing
Dwarvinator
« Last Edit: March 24, 2013, 08:47:37 pm by Lofn »
Also known as Zuhayr.

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
  • ...grumbles only mildly at inclement weather...
    • View Profile
Re: Spinesbreach - Tales of Ice and Ingenuity [COMMUNITY/SUCCESSION]
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »

This sounds very interesting. Megaprojects are what I think about while I'm flipping burgers all day. Please put me down for a turn. After the start of the month would be best for me - data allowance and all that  :( Also, how long will players have to complete their turn?

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2013, 08:47:02 pm »

I was thinking a week, but since it's a two-year round, two weeks might be more appropriate.

I'll put you down for a turn.
Also known as Zuhayr.

eye8urcake

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Uff
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2013, 02:15:14 am »

I'd like to have a turn, although maybe I should go last because I'm pretty much a novice here and the dorfs will probably be eaten by deer.

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2013, 04:59:23 am »

I know it's only been 3 days. Was just stroking my beard wondering; how goes the war?

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2013, 07:28:34 am »

'Ser'? Is this a coincidence, or...  :)

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2013, 10:02:14 pm »

I got backhanded by work a bit, I will try to have the save done and posted in the next couple of days.
Also known as Zuhayr.

Lofn

• Bay Watcher
  • There was a hole.
    • View Profile
    • Tumblr
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2013, 05:05:17 am »

My turn is done. My megaproject is a bit piddly compared to most, but I was also establishing the fort at the same time, so I think I met the criteria.

Shall I post the save now, or with the writeup?
Also known as Zuhayr.

Pan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2013, 10:00:25 am »

Writeup.

Dwarvinator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2013, 11:17:35 am »

Yeah - I think 'story so far' with the save would be good.

Edit - However...a save on file depot with the briefest of brief introductions would be fine and dandy for now - no pressure, man ;)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 02:25:17 am by Dwarvinator »