Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 214939 times)

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1875 on: July 27, 2016, 09:03:04 am »

Yeah, it's likely that the Northern Territory has a disproportionate amount of young aboriginal men in jail compared to any other state. New suggestion: instead of locking them away in prison and abusing them, I suggest taking all convicted Australian aboriginals, putting them on a boat to the UK, and letting them shoot white folk and claim their land. I doubt the EU will mind after the Brexit debacle.

We won't abide. We must protect Sikh neighbors
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: July 27, 2016, 09:15:30 am »

Bollocks. Whites only, Sikh are off limits. It's not murder if they're natives.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: July 27, 2016, 09:16:07 am »

Bollocks. Whites only, Sikh are off limits. It's not murder if they're natives.
my bad

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1878 on: July 27, 2016, 07:50:29 pm »

So you're basically limited to killing Picts then
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: July 28, 2016, 04:57:03 am »

Nope, also included in the safari package are Angles, Saxons, Jutes, Scotti, Normans, Bretons, Celts and sundry tribes for your hunting pleasure.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1880 on: July 28, 2016, 05:08:29 am »

Shouldn't we ship them back to Gaul first?
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: July 28, 2016, 02:25:26 pm »

Shouldn't we ship them back to Gaul first?
Nah, we're using the "here before us" native package.  It's a bit big, but a good deal for its size; otherwise we'd be stuck with pre-Beaker folk. 

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: July 29, 2016, 03:35:12 am »

New Zealand unleashed a grand plan to exterminate every single last predatory animal on the island. In full cooperation with the WWF, the plan is to kill several hundred millions of animals, in an attempt to save the native birds. Method of extermination is poisoning them with a poison to which native species are immune. It has already worked very well on smaller islands, now they want to step it up and try the big island.

So please donate to the WWF, help kill animals. The irony.

(But yeah, I guess it's what needs to be done from an ecological perspective. New Zealand had no predators until we brought them there)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:36:52 am by martinuzz »

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1883 on: July 29, 2016, 03:40:15 am »

The plan's extremely underfunded at this point. Also, it's three islands.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: July 29, 2016, 08:31:26 am »

So Turnbull refused to endorse Rudd's candidacy for the position of UN Secretary General after initially assuring him that he would, and also after Julie Bishop also indicated that they would be. I can only imagine how many f-bombs Kev dropped when he found out. I wonder how much this is an indication of Turnbull being a hostage of the far right elements of his government, or if it's for some other reason altogether. The reason given to Rudd is that he is not qualified, which seems a bit of a stretch. People could argue that he his not suitable, but I think it'd be harder to argue that he's not qualified. And in a field of 15 others there's a high chance that he wouldn't get the position anyway, so the Coalition may have unnecessarily gone against the tradition of bipartisan endorsement of jobs for former ministers.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: July 29, 2016, 09:05:21 am »

So Turnbull refused to endorse Rudd's candidacy for the position of UN Secretary General after initially assuring him that he would, and also after Julie Bishop also indicated that they would be. I can only imagine how many f-bombs Kev dropped when he found out. I wonder how much this is an indication of Turnbull being a hostage of the far right elements of his government, or if it's for some other reason altogether. The reason given to Rudd is that he is not qualified, which seems a bit of a stretch. People could argue that he his not suitable, but I think it'd be harder to argue that he's not qualified. And in a field of 15 others there's a high chance that he wouldn't get the position anyway, so the Coalition may have unnecessarily gone against the tradition of bipartisan endorsement of jobs for former ministers.

Revenge. Rudd heartily beat Turnbull in the polls way back when, which is what resulted in Abbott challenging him and winning by a single vote.

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: July 29, 2016, 10:31:36 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The purest of motivations.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: August 06, 2016, 07:58:10 am »

He's a scientist, don't you know?

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #1888 on: August 06, 2016, 08:27:49 am »

He's only about as loony as the average Green party member, just in the other direction.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: August 06, 2016, 09:14:54 am »

It's a weird electoral quirk. Queensland has almost 5 million people. Guess how many voted for that guy? 77 people. Not a majority of 77. 77 total people. Basically only his friends voted for him.

How does this work? Australia uses preferential voting, and when your voting for the Senate, the voter can choose to leave it up to your party to select order of candidates. Both major parties put each other last, and this idiot in the middle. So, when neither major party had a clear majority for the final senator position in Queensland, there were some left-over Ballots for One Nation, then the remaining major-party votes were distributed to One Nation, and he happened to be the next in line.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2016, 09:31:41 am by Reelya »
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 163