Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 216634 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1515 on: December 14, 2014, 10:21:42 pm »

Yeah. It's pretty obvious that the Joos are behind this.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1516 on: December 14, 2014, 11:44:56 pm »

The hostage takers are letting hostages out despite no communication between the police and those inside, and no demands being made or fulfilled. Possibly somebody feeling regretful about the situation that's occured.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1517 on: December 14, 2014, 11:47:59 pm »

Yea, they are all leaving.
Hard to say if it is everybody without exact numbers on the hostages in there. Either somebody wants less hostages to deal with, or dosn't want to die...

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1518 on: December 15, 2014, 01:15:07 am »

Are they Canadian?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1519 on: December 15, 2014, 02:45:58 am »

Update: According to released hostages, he has two demands. 1st is that he wants the ISIL flag delivered directly to the cafe, and the second is that he wants to talk to Tony Abbott... Honestly this guy sounds like a fruit cake.

Also the witnesses say he has two bombs with him and two elsewhere in the CBD. Well there goes public transport for the day.  :(

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1520 on: December 15, 2014, 03:03:14 am »

IS fanboy and Abotton the Despoiler in one room? Fetch the popcorn!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1521 on: December 15, 2014, 03:05:02 am »

Seriously, he could demand money or munitions or something useful, instead he wants a flag... I think he just doesn't know what else to ask for.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1522 on: December 15, 2014, 04:18:27 am »

Meanwhile "well all the TV networks have rolling coverage of this... good time to release a budget update"
Magma is overrated.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1523 on: December 15, 2014, 04:50:19 am »

The reserve bank is on the same street- it's almost certainly all a plot to tunnel into it and steal all the money they can.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #1524 on: December 15, 2014, 05:04:48 pm »

Apparently two hostages were killed.. What a shame.

This guy has a long history of prior incidents, accessory to murder and sexual assault being amongst them. Severely disappointed.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2014, 05:09:01 pm by Mictlantecuhtli »
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1525 on: December 15, 2014, 06:30:01 pm »

I'm incredibly disappointed in our police force fucking it up that badly. If they decided they were bored and wanted to shoot their guns, at least they could have taken down the hostage taker with a sniper through the window the multitude of times he was infront of it.
I've played some mafia.

Strife26

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: December 15, 2014, 08:37:35 pm »

Yes. Because hostage rescue is totally a willful decision. If they'd capped the idiot when he was at the window (assuming large things that someone good enough was in position with a weapon that could reliably go through a window without fucking everything to hell), people would be complaining about their hearts bleeding because negotiations had been opened and he'd been given no chance to surrender.

Sounds to me like the reaction team had to crash the place when he started shooting. Not much that can get done there.
Even the avatars expire eventually.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: December 15, 2014, 08:41:56 pm »

The other issue is that if you just take the shot and he really did have bombs instead of just bluffing, you've just opened a whole new can of fuck.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: December 15, 2014, 08:48:16 pm »

I'm incredibly disappointed in our police force fucking it up that badly. If they decided they were bored and wanted to shoot their guns, at least they could have taken down the hostage taker with a sniper through the window the multitude of times he was infront of it.

He'd positioned most of the hostages so that they lined the windows, and positioned others as shields.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: December 15, 2014, 09:59:39 pm »

Final notes:
The offender was Haron Monis, a man with a history of violent crimes known to the police. Although a fanatic, he wasn't affiliated with any terrorist groups, regardless of what Foxs News says.
General public reactions has been surprisingly good, with people showing support for the local Muslim community. Interestingly Haron Monis was a political refugee from Iran, so it will be interesting to see if the right wing media tries to spin this towards 'ASYLUM SEEKERS ARE BAD, M'KAY?'
Pages: 1 ... 100 101 [102] 103 104 ... 163