Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 217829 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #945 on: September 16, 2013, 03:12:38 am »

oh well. Brb, marrying into a wealthy family. Seems like that's the only option to get ahead anymore- reduced uni funding, reduced tafe funding, no science minister? Fuck it, let's go feudal again. Bags not doing the stables.

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: September 16, 2013, 06:18:54 am »

I was under the impression that there was a requirement to reduce the number of ministers, or is that just something i got into my head for no reason?
Magma is overrated.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: September 16, 2013, 06:29:51 am »

No there certainly was, there is a maximum. Abbott cut science and other good things to get different ministries.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: September 16, 2013, 06:40:08 am »

which ones do you think are more frivolous\nefarious?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: September 16, 2013, 07:42:07 am »

I think we could very easily drop Sport in the face of Science. Especially, especially as a cabinet position. We do not need a 'Minister Assisting the Prime Minister for the Centenary of ANZAC'. While ANZAC day is important, you don't need a fucking ministry to help plan it. I would argue that while we have a ministry for justice we don't need a minister of women whos sole job it is to reduce domestic violence against women, especially when one third of domestic violence is against men, it is an important issue but not the kind of issue to give a ministry to for a single gender.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #950 on: September 16, 2013, 09:17:45 am »

Ministry of Science, Ministry of Education, Ministry of Youth, Ministry of Military, Ministry of Immigration, Ministry of the Environment, Ministry of Transportation, Ministry of Internal Affairs, Ministry of Domestic Violence, Ministry of Aboriginal Affairs, Ministry of Diplomatdudes, Ministry of Law (?)

Did I miss any required ones for an Australian nation? :D
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Askot Bokbondeler

• Bay Watcher
  • please line up orderly
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: September 16, 2013, 11:28:31 pm »

ministry of poisonous fauna proliferation?

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #952 on: September 17, 2013, 03:21:59 am »

That happens fine without a minister.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: September 17, 2013, 05:38:37 am »

No, no... I'd have to disagree. For one, Australia is still populated by human life. For the other, it's still populated by human life and the blood of native Australians isn't a universal antidote. Clearly, there is still work to be done. The experiment still hasn't produced one of its intended outcomes.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Mini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #954 on: September 17, 2013, 09:22:07 am »

Well with no science how are we meant to tell when that happens?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: September 17, 2013, 01:12:47 pm »

Anyway, who did you roll with Jimmykins?
http://pirateparty.org.au/

Too bad there's not a Ninja Party too. Then we could hold an election and settle the age old debate once and for all.

Anyway, I like their 16 point manifesto:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Certainly not a party I'd want deciding the national budget, but there's plenty on that list I support.

How do they seek to retain transparency? If anyone wants to rant about the breakdown of the representative and moral worth of a party go ahead.

As for the Liberal's, what won them the election, and is a vote of no confidence in the offing? Do you want to hit me, tell me to look at some articles, and then give me some articles? *looking at articles
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: September 19, 2013, 01:27:18 am »

Hoo boy, fans are about to be shat on.
So the ACT (Australian Capital Territory, think of it as being similar to the state of Washington) has decided fuck the feds, we got our own level of government! They managed to pretty easily get through a bill that will permit same sex marriage. Drinks all around! Anything but Russian Vodka!
But every party needs a pooper. Mr Abbott don't roll that way, he has pretty much said that he will be looking to see how he can lawyer is way into this and stop the bill by declaring it unlawful. Assuming it is, however, found to be lawful then his only option will be to try and get something through the houses. As the federal government can change state level laws, he could do this, but getting it through the senate will be interesting.
The important bit here is that a marriage is a marriage once it is done anywhere in Australia, so it would be totally legit for same sex couples from all over to holiday in Canberra for their marriage, dealing a huge blow against homophobic douchebags.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: September 19, 2013, 03:21:35 am »

Ugh, just let the bill pass. The issue of gay marrage is not going to go away until it is legalised.

As for the Liberal's, what won them the election, and is a vote of no confidence in the offing? Do you want to hit me, tell me to look at some articles, and then give me some articles? *looking at articles

What?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: September 19, 2013, 03:24:09 am »

Hoo boy, fans are about to be shat on.
So the ACT (Australian Capital Territory, think of it as being similar to the state of Washington) has decided fuck the feds, we got our own level of government! They managed to pretty easily get through a bill that will permit same sex marriage. Drinks all around! Anything but Russian Vodka!
But every party needs a pooper. Mr Abbott don't roll that way, he has pretty much said that he will be looking to see how he can lawyer is way into this and stop the bill by declaring it unlawful. Assuming it is, however, found to be lawful then his only option will be to try and get something through the houses. As the federal government can change state level laws, he could do this, but getting it through the senate will be interesting.
The important bit here is that a marriage is a marriage once it is done anywhere in Australia, so it would be totally legit for same sex couples from all over to holiday in Canberra for their marriage, dealing a huge blow against homophobic douchebags.
Go ACT run to freedom!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: September 19, 2013, 03:31:53 am »

I know ACT territory and local level government have been desperately been pushing for a build in the tourism industry. Being the only capital city without a coast is a bit of a set back for a nation that loves its beaches. As such gay marriage is just the trump card that locals want to see. If Abbott does oppose this he is going to be facing a bloody battle here, especially on something that is a heavily divided issue to start with. Even within the Liberal party Turnbull and a few loyal supporters still lurk, hoping for a chink in the armor so they can do some good for a change, and in opposition Labor has a much stronger position to more openly oppose legislation.

A small part of me doesn't want to see the double dissolution just so that we get the full three years of drama.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 163