Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 217383 times)

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #660 on: May 10, 2013, 08:24:26 pm »

I stated earlier in the thread (<10 pages) that I would like no gun debate. What we have in most of Australasia works just fine and needs no changing. It causes too much strife to argue, that otherwise level headed Bay12ers turn into venom spitting furies.

I suppose after all it is Reudh's politics thread, not just a general Australasian politics thread. Surely whether or not a particular political issue in Australasia is all fine and dandy and needs no changing should be up for debate, even for the sake of it.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2013, 08:37:43 pm by Owlbread »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #661 on: May 10, 2013, 10:56:41 pm »

This is sort of a mess for several pages on and off...  I don't know if it can be salvaged.  It depends on how many reports come in.  I've sent out a few warnings.  People need to exercise some self-control.  There is no reason a given topic can't be talked about without the discussion slipping into degeneracy.  Or rather, people shouldn't be the reason that happens.  The OP can ban the topic if they want, but that would be best in an OP guideline or something that can be noticed and referred to.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: May 11, 2013, 01:20:28 am »

This is sort of a mess for several pages on and off...  I don't know if it can be salvaged.  It depends on how many reports come in.  I've sent out a few warnings.  People need to exercise some self-control.  There is no reason a given topic can't be talked about without the discussion slipping into degeneracy.  Or rather, people shouldn't be the reason that happens.  The OP can ban the topic if they want, but that would be best in an OP guideline or something that can be noticed and referred to.

Duly noted, Toady. Updating the OP.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: May 15, 2013, 12:16:03 am »

So, you might recall some time ago the Liberals launched their "Headless Chooks" advertisement that made a mockery of the Australian public by assuming we are children easily swayed at some funny music.
Well Labor isn't going down without a fight! They have started their own blatantly insulting ad that throws mud at the libs in all the dirties of ways! Boo you labor, for sinking down to the lowest level! When you could have spent three minutes informing the Australian public, instead we have three minutes of slander! This is worse than the chickens!

Well I just can't wait to see what depths the greens will sink to in this shit storm.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: May 15, 2013, 03:36:53 am »

So, you might recall some time ago the Liberals launched their "Headless Chooks" advertisement that made a mockery of the Australian public by assuming we are children easily swayed at some funny music.
Well Labor isn't going down without a fight! They have started their own blatantly insulting ad that throws mud at the libs in all the dirties of ways! Boo you labor, for sinking down to the lowest level! When you could have spent three minutes informing the Australian public, instead we have three minutes of slander! This is worse than the chickens!

Well I just can't wait to see what depths the greens will sink to in this shit storm.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: May 15, 2013, 07:47:26 am »

Robert Ludlum, a Green's senator in W.A. just finished a Reddit AMA.

Turns out he is surprisingly literate for a politician, and goes quite some way toward dispelling the idea that all Greens are hippie whackjobs. Well worth a read.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: May 15, 2013, 10:51:19 am »

Are there people out there who think "hippie whackjob" is a negative quality? :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: May 15, 2013, 05:16:47 pm »

All Greens are hippie whackjobs, making them the most rational and productive party out of the big three.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: May 16, 2013, 04:41:54 am »

Either that, or they're watermelons.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: May 16, 2013, 04:43:48 am »

The ghost of Joseph McCarthy has awoken! He doth haunt our fair state!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: June 05, 2013, 03:32:03 pm »

80 people dead as Buddhists attack Muslim minority. The article says it was "clashes", but basically, the Buddhists went on a rampage and burned down whole neighbourhoods. Hence the picture with the burning buildings that aren't given any further explanation by the text.
Love, scriver~

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: June 05, 2013, 05:06:27 pm »

80 people dead as Buddhists attack Muslim minority. The article says it was "clashes", but basically, the Buddhists went on a rampage and burned down whole neighbourhoods. Hence the picture with the burning buildings that aren't given any further explanation by the text.
Terrible, but unrelated to Australian politics so far as I can see.

In other news, polls predict people are nearly twice as likely to vote for Coalition as Labor.

bulborbish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: June 05, 2013, 05:16:36 pm »

Terrible, but unrelated to Australian politics so far as I can see.

In other news, polls predict people are nearly twice as likely to vote for Coalition as Labor.

I believe that he was referring on how in is in Burma, which could be considered part of Australasia (the area specified for the politics thread).

Anyway, back out of the thread, as I am from the grand state of Not Australasia, and therefore do not qualify to discuss in this thread.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: June 05, 2013, 05:18:20 pm »

I thought I'd extend the Australasian region to cover south-east Asia so it's not all just kangaroos and kiwis.
Love, scriver~

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: June 05, 2013, 05:20:39 pm »

I think this should be the Oceania politics thread so we can include Papua New Guinea, East Timor, West Papua politics and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 163