Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 217319 times)

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #555 on: May 07, 2013, 07:10:19 am »

So if somebody is being shot at, that is fine, but if they could die from drinking from their only available water source they should, some what literally, suck it up?

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: May 07, 2013, 07:11:27 am »

Also, kingfisher, how do you expect refugges to come to Australia? Swimming?

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: May 07, 2013, 07:15:17 am »

So if somebody is being shot at, that is fine, but if they could die from drinking from their only available water source they should, some what literally, suck it up?
No. Make it damn better. We were drinking shitty water once too. We invented things to get around shitty water. Boiling and such. They can do the same. We have the Red Cross to go help out. Our job as a country isn't to take on the worlds immigrants who live in shitty conditions. At the very least we should be helping them, but not taking them on, otherwise we just become swamped and waste millions on facilities that would lose use later on.
Also, kingfisher, how do you expect refugges to come to Australia? Swimming?

UN refugee camps in regions with fighting with options to travel to a number of locations, evening the load as it were. Any boats are turned away.
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: May 07, 2013, 07:18:01 am »

So you want Australia to start opening travel booth in refugees camp around the world. Why, I think we could all get behind that.

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: May 07, 2013, 07:20:32 am »

So you want Australia to start opening travel booth in refugees camp around the world. Why, I think we could all get behind that.
Not just us. Germany, Canada, Belgium, France, Sweden, the UK, Russia, the entire EU, Norway...

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: May 07, 2013, 07:23:41 am »

No, we would never do that. We don't actually like these people, we hate them, remember? The economic argument is just a cover up, when you look at what impact illegal immigrants have on GDP.

Especially when you take into account that this discussion started with the Liberals use of boat people as a xenophobic fear tactic. You think Abbot would pocket out to bring people here?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: May 07, 2013, 07:25:58 am »

No, we would never do that. We don't actually like these people, we hate them, remember? The economic argument is just a cover up, when you look at what impact illegal immigrants have on GDP.

Especially when you take into account that this discussion started with the Liberals use of boat people as a xenophobic fear tactic. You think Abbot would pocket out to bring people here?
So Labor and the Greens are not guilty of any fear mongering whatsoever? Also do note that boat people is a Labour term, instead of illegal immigrant. Also nice redirect with ' Yeah that's great, but your party would never support it.'

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: May 07, 2013, 07:30:55 am »

Ah, I see. Because everybody does it, it is ok! That is how morality works, right?
Greens tell you that global warming will kill us all. A little extreme, but at least it is based on something we should legitimately be worried about instead of bigotry.

Anyway, this is the politics thread, it always comes back to political support.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: May 07, 2013, 07:38:51 am »

Ah, I see. Because everybody does it, it is ok! That is how morality works, right?
Greens tell you that global warming will kill us all. A little extreme, but at least it is based on something we should legitimately be worried about instead of bigotry.

Anyway, this is the politics thread, it always comes back to political support.
Well yes, that is how morality, laws, and general culture work.
Greens also tell me that guns are scary, and no one except police should have them.

Well yeah, I was just commending you on your slick dodging of an issue.

Jembot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: May 07, 2013, 07:40:07 am »

ptw
You people are insane.
Hello there, we're Bay12! So pleased to meet you!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: May 07, 2013, 07:42:00 am »

I wasn't dodging, I agree, these would be good! Why would I debate that? I am not going to argue against something I agree with, so not really trying to dodge at all.
I am, however, pointing out that it will not happen under Liberal power.

And Greens don't try to say nobody should have guns, they have never introduced any proposed legislation of that kind. They are, however, for gun control, as is every responsible shooter.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: May 07, 2013, 07:44:34 am »

I wasn't dodging, I agree, these would be good! Why would I debate that? I am not going to argue against something I agree with, so not really trying to dodge at all.
I am, however, pointing out that it will not happen under Liberal power.

And Greens don't try to say nobody should have guns, they have never introduced any proposed legislation of that kind. They are, however, for gun control, as is every responsible shooter.
Hah! No. Many responsible shooters ( I.e SSAA, H&F party) are heavily against gun control. And hey, the Liberals will probably be doing a few good things. That national curriculum is a great thing to be rid of.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: May 07, 2013, 07:54:34 am »

To return to asylum seekers, since Australia hasn't opened booth offering airplanes tickets in the refugees' camp of the world, you can't expect the refugges to just say "Well, I guess we better stay here and die, wouldn't want to frighten Australians voters". Of course they're coming by boat.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: May 07, 2013, 07:56:56 am »

To return to asylum seekers, since Australia hasn't opened booth offering airplanes tickets in the refugees' camp of the world, you can't expect the refugges to just say "Well, I guess we better stay here and die, wouldn't want to frighten Australians voters". Of course they're coming by boat.
But that method still allows illegal immigrants. There is a problem. I am proposing ways to fix it. I realise they are still going to come, and I realise no party will fix the problem.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: May 07, 2013, 07:58:44 am »

Hah! No. Many responsible shooters ( I.e SSAA, H&F party) are heavily against gun control. And hey, the Liberals will probably be doing a few good things. That national curriculum is a great thing to be rid of.
I said responsible shooters.
Anyway, if the liberals wanted to do good things, they could have. Labor doesn't have a complete majority, the Liberals are free to introduce any policy they wanted.
For example, recently the Libs have stated that if they win come September they want to put a ban on advertising sporting ods on tv to lower problem gambling. The greens have put full support behind this. If the Liberals actually cared, they would easily have this passed right now, but they don't give a fuck. They just want to make false promises.

If you think the Liberals will do good things, you need to ask why aren't they doing it now? Opposition isn't just about sitting around throwing mud you know.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 163