Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 217312 times)

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #540 on: April 29, 2013, 11:32:06 am »

I didn't know those were countries, MSH.
It doesn't matter that they aren't countries. If you're going to make a sidebar to an article listing areas where same-sex marriage is allowed, it is rather erroneous not to include some jurisdictions because they are sub-national.
But it was a sidebar listing countries where same-sex marriage is allowed. No errors were made at all.
It's a sidebar detailing public support for same-sex marriage, countries where it is allowed, countries where it might soon be allowed, and how the Australiane vote might happen. To have all that and leave out sub-national jurisdictions is an error by omission.

Agreed.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: April 29, 2013, 12:05:21 pm »

That is a statement I can agree with.

Jimmy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 06, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

The funny thing is, it'll probably get them votes. Mudslinging is a proven and effective political tactic.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 06, 2013, 05:54:09 pm »

There are many things that are proven to be effective to achieve a specific end that I don't approve of.
Can't wait to see what sort of bullshit Labor will pull out in retaliation.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 06, 2013, 06:02:23 pm »

I cannot for the life of me keep Commonwealth politics straight.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Edmus

• Bay Watcher
  • Powerful toasting since 1893!
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 07, 2013, 01:46:00 am »

Yesterday I saw a Shooters  and Fishers party sticker plastered onto the glass doors of the music rooms. It was degrading the Greens to big note their party. For fucks sake; we can't even vote and they put this stuff up. I pulled that shit down within a minute, and I would have done the same to any political sticker/poster.
I'm just left wondering who put it up.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 07, 2013, 02:12:18 am »

All parties sling mud to some degree. What really annoys me about this headless chickens thing is how it treats the Australian public like idiots who are so easily amused and swayed by something so childish.

Also the boats in the background, once again showing just how xenophobic the Liberals are.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 07, 2013, 06:43:02 am »

All parties sling mud to some degree. What really annoys me about this headless chickens thing is how it treats the Australian public like idiots who are so easily amused and swayed by something so childish.

Also the boats in the background, once again showing just how xenophobic the Liberals are.
It's not xenophobia, it's " People are getting into our country illegally, in a national security breaching manner." How the hell is that xenophobia? If I walk into your house and trespass and refuse to leave, are you being xenophobic?
I honestly thought this was going to be about veterinarians.
Ermey: 26/4/13

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 07, 2013, 06:49:49 am »

If a two men were trespassing, one white and the other middle eastern, and both claimed they were hiding from people trying to kill them, then accepting the white guy and not the middle eastern one into your home is xenophobic.
We have an obligation to accept asylum seekers. We can't openly deny these people, so instead wrap them in red tape and declare them criminals because we don't like their place of origin. That is xenophobic.

The Tampa is sadly indicative of attitudes that still remain to this day.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 07, 2013, 06:52:50 am »

If a two men were trespassing, one white and the other middle eastern, and both claimed they were hiding from people trying to kill them, then accepting the white guy and not the middle eastern one into your home is xenophobic.
We have an obligation to accept asylum seekers. We can't openly deny these people, so instead wrap them in red tape and declare them criminals because we don't like their place of origin. That is xenophobic.

The Tampa is sadly indicative of attitudes that still remain to this day.
Tell me, where do these ' Asylum Seekers' get the 2000$ necessary for people smugglers?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: May 07, 2013, 06:55:27 am »

Selling everything they own, debt, prostitution.
Wait, are you actually trying to deny that there are people coming here fleeing war, mass murder and genocides?

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: May 07, 2013, 06:58:07 am »

Selling everything they own, debt, prostitution.
Wait, are you actually trying to deny that there are people coming here fleeing war, mass murder and genocides?
No, just that those people are few and far between the " More jobs and welfare" crowd.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: May 07, 2013, 07:01:10 am »

Yea... People pay $2,000 to get on a shitty boat with various risks attached so that they can go on the dole. That makes perfect fucking sense. If you were scared for your life, I can see that, but your story doesn't check out.

kingfisher1112

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: May 07, 2013, 07:06:26 am »

Yea... People pay $2,000 to get on a shitty boat with various risks attached so that they can go on the dole. That makes perfect fucking sense. If you were scared for your life, I can see that, but your story doesn't check out.
Hey, it's a lot better than a place with shitty crime rates, no amenities that we get here, possible bad water, but no war going on. That's their responsibility to change that, not them come over here to go on the dole and take jobs from legal immigrants. I'm fine with refugees, not illegal immigrants. People come in here lawfully, and there are refugees. These two I'm fine with. They can add a lot to our culture. ( Italians and Germans we took on, and well, they certainly integrated well. ) But jumping the border and sailing right in is just shitty.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 163