Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 214930 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1905 on: August 12, 2016, 07:26:58 am »

Japan was originally settled by Chinese so that's not really fair, and a lot of Euros look similar thanks to millennia of migrations and interbreeding.

6000 thousand kilometers
Haha, not quite :P
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:28:52 am by Orange Wizard »
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1906 on: August 12, 2016, 10:27:53 am »

Unless some Aussies got blown up that's a derail. Make other thread.

Australasia is an incredibly well-defined area of the world. Thailand is 6000 thousand kilometers away from Australasia. Thailand news doesn't belong in this thread any more than sub-saharan Africa news belongs in the EU thread.

And i have Asian heritage so I'm not being racist here. It's just annoying for some white person from the other side of the world to lump all Asian bits as one place.

Six million kilometres? Deport Aussies to deep space when.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1907 on: August 12, 2016, 05:12:24 pm »

it'd be like putting Latin American news in the ameripol thread "cuz it's the AMERICAN politics thread"

like yes I can see the confusion but seriously
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1908 on: August 12, 2016, 06:47:28 pm »

6000 thousand kilometers
Haha, not quite :P

must've been pretty tired when I wrote that, fridays are a huge day for me.
And i have Asian heritage so I'm not being racist here. It's just annoying for some white person from the other side of the world to lump all Asian bits as one place.

They arent all the same?  :P

http://www.japochi.com/

Russia vs. France is much more difficult though!

Reminds me of the debate "why don't anime characters look asian?" which can be translated "why don't anime character look like my stereotype of what I think asian people look like?" It's best summed up by this article:
https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2016, 07:21:49 pm by Reelya »

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1909 on: August 13, 2016, 10:42:15 am »

One big hooter? Huh.

Well it's good that they acknowledge size can differ between breasts I guess.
Love, scriver~

BorkBorkGoesTheCode

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1910 on: August 13, 2016, 12:51:41 pm »

It is either a big nose or uniboob.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Treachery_of_Images

Believe nothing you hear. Or everything. Have fun. Love when?

I frequently use PMs to contact people if I think they would miss a post in the deluge.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #1911 on: August 13, 2016, 10:22:08 pm »

They arent all the same?  :P

http://www.japochi.com/

Russia vs. France is much more difficult though!

Reminds me of the debate "why don't anime characters look asian?" which can be translated "why don't anime character look like my stereotype of what I think asian people look like?" It's best summed up by this article:
https://thesocietypages.org/socimages/2010/08/30/guest-post-why-do-the-japanese-draw-themselves-as-white/
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Hah :D Reminds me of all my lessons in Cognitive Psychology. Stereotypes are early formations of concepts to understand the world. :P Misunderstandings begin only when they are used by themselves. Personally, it's pretty obvious in extremists, but they shouldn't be the representatives of understanding this.

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1912 on: August 13, 2016, 10:30:18 pm »

Meh...I stumped two PLA sentries on the Great Wall when they were trying to guess my nationality. One thought I was German (Deguo ren), the other Russian (Eguo ren). They were mildly surprised that I was American (Meiguo ren).

Apparently it was the beard -- by this point I hadn't shaved or even trimmed my beard in over six weeks, so I had a Grizzly Adams thing going on. In their stereotype, big bushy beards meant Russian or German (which is funny, because I don't associate thick beards with Germans at all).

Although another Chinese friend told me that they could tell Americans from Europeans by our blue jeans -- Americans have pockets in front and back, Euro jeans only in the back.  :P

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1913 on: August 13, 2016, 10:32:34 pm »

Wait....is that real? What the fuck, Europe.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #1914 on: August 14, 2016, 07:56:35 am »

I have never worn a pair of jeans or other pocketed pants that did not have pockets in front.

@Germans and facial hair - definitely not a full beard no, but ugly as moustaches? Those they have in abundance.
Love, scriver~

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1915 on: August 14, 2016, 08:02:12 am »

Euro jeans have pockets both front and back. I think that some types of woman's jeans only have back pockets. But it's certainly not the standard.
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

DG

• Bay Watcher
  • Pull the Lever
    • View Profile
« Reply #1916 on: August 17, 2016, 07:31:36 am »

Now to see how much extra pressure this puts on the situation in Nauru.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1917 on: August 17, 2016, 07:50:45 am »

I wonder what this'll change in practice. I think nothing. Australia's PM already said the refugees in the center being shut down can either go back to the countries they came from, or ask asylum on Manus Island. He told them there's no chance they can come to Australia.

So what we're gonna see is that all refugees are gonna remain in crappy conditions on Manus island, it's just not Australia's problem anymore, because they closed the center. I hope for the refugees that Manus islands has natural caves. They'll have to live somewhere when the center closes.

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1918 on: August 17, 2016, 08:25:38 am »

I wonder what this'll change in practice. I think nothing. Australia's PM already said the refugees in the center being shut down can either go back to the countries they came from, or ask asylum on Manus Island. He told them there's no chance they can come to Australia.

So what we're gonna see is that all refugees are gonna remain in crappy conditions on Manus island, it's just not Australia's problem anymore, because they closed the center. I hope for the refugees that Manus islands has natural caves. They'll have to live somewhere when the center closes.

It's likely they'll be resettled in PNG, much to their chagrin. Most of the people on Manus Island are against being resettled in PNG because i guess, it's out of the frying pan and into the fire?

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1919 on: August 21, 2016, 03:52:58 am »

In response to the UN asking the Phillipines to stop the genocide of drug users, president Duterte has threatened to leave the UN, and form a new international organisation with China and the African countries.

Pages: 1 ... 126 127 [128] 129 130 ... 163