Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 214994 times)

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #1095 on: December 08, 2013, 04:05:45 am »

Breaking news!

Abbott government can't even send a consistent diplomatic message to our nearest neighbours!

You'd think, given how pissed they are, the least you could do is make sure your foreign minister and PM are on the same wavelength.
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: December 08, 2013, 04:08:20 am »

So... China, 1 of the two countries I know stuff about... Is included in this!?

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: December 08, 2013, 04:13:33 am »

China is a different foreign policy stuff up, but a some what small one. At least we didn't send military aircraft over that damn oil field!

No, the situation with Indonesia is what happens when you promise something that can never be delivered, and include another country in the ride. It will take three years to settle this, or less, if we have a double dissolution.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: December 08, 2013, 09:09:14 pm »

So this is the Australisia thread, time for something that isn't me bitching about Australian politics...

The Thai government has folded to protesters and dissolved parliament! An election is on the way for out friends in Thailand! Yingluck will hold power as a caretaker until the results are in.
A good day for peaceful protest I guess.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: December 10, 2013, 05:42:03 am »

I don't really see this as progress. What will happen is that the Reds are going to win again, then the yellows will bitch again. It'd be nice to see a government holding for once.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: December 10, 2013, 05:56:36 am »

Well there was little in the way of mass riots and looting from what I hear, so that is certainly a plus.
I'm no expert on their politics, so won't take sides, but the fact that this went to ballots rather than bullets is a win in my books.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: December 10, 2013, 06:01:42 am »

The Reds simply don't have the kind of support in the army needed to crush protests violently. If anything, the army pressured the government into stepping down.

ADIT: I'd suggest reading this.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2013, 06:30:51 am by Sheb »

Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: December 11, 2013, 08:50:48 pm »

And so gay marriage in the ACT was ruled out, and the marriages that have already happened annulled.

Can't say nobody say this coming by this point, but still pretty unhappy news. Still, the silver lining here is that once it gets passed on a federal level no state or territory will have any legal right to make their region an exception. Senator Young reintroduced the bill into federal parliament today, but with a conservative majority I'm not sure it will make it anytime in the next three years.

In other news, Amnesty International is pinging us on those pesky old human rights again. Yes we are violating human rights, but you don't understand! It is for their own good!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: December 15, 2013, 05:13:05 am »

Well lets have something a little more cheerful for once... Might not get another chance for a while.

Opinion polls continue to drop for the Coalition, and I hear there is infighting. The feds are wrecking the Coalitions reputation, and it is going to hurt in the coming up state elections, leading to inflated conflicts. The nats have remembered that they are actually opposed to economic libertarianizm  and don't like being the libs minions. The senators don't like the level of control that Abbott is demanding... And nobody will dare to let this spill publicly, because they all saw what happened to Labor.

EDIT:
In other news, we are fucked!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 05, 2014, 03:23:05 am »

Given that the Coalition's approach to refugees seems to be "out if sight, out of mind", I'm hardly surprised.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 05, 2014, 03:40:58 am »

Oh you don't even know the half of it...
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop praised condition at the Nauru detention camp for this living standards. It was later revealed she never actually visited the camp itself, just the staff quarters. Once again out of sight, out of mind. In the mean time everybody that actually goes there comes back with complains about human rights abuse including the docters involved, but nope, the govenment just shrugs it off as if none of it really matters.
Scott Morrison has stopped giving his weekly briefings, and is instead giving us a weekly written press release, with no chance for journalists to ask questions, ever.
Asylum seekers already living here are being forced to sign a somewhat vaguely worded code of conduct that includes a 'do as we tell you to, what ever we tell you to' clause.

It is such bullshit, and yet so many people actually think this is justified.

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 05, 2014, 04:58:40 am »

Oh you don't even know the half of it...
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop praised condition at the Nauru detention camp for this living standards. It was later revealed she never actually visited the camp itself, just the staff quarters. Once again out of sight, out of mind. In the mean time everybody that actually goes there comes back with complains about human rights abuse including the docters involved, but nope, the govenment just shrugs it off as if none of it really matters.
Scott Morrison has stopped giving his weekly briefings, and is instead giving us a weekly written press release, with no chance for journalists to ask questions, ever.
Asylum seekers already living here are being forced to sign a somewhat vaguely worded code of conduct that includes a 'do as we tell you to, what ever we tell you to' clause.

It is such bullshit, and yet so many people actually think this is justified.
I just think every time i come to this thread "Why the fuck are they doing that when you can do things that will HELP PEOPLE" and "Why say bullshit that can be called out with anyone that knowns what is going on"  ::)
Best way to sum up my idea of the government and PM right now

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 06, 2014, 02:34:39 am »

In other news: A man required emergency service workers to oil up his naked body after he got stuck in a washing machine while playing hide and seek with his partner.

Yep. Good day.

But of course. :P

Still, that is quite the impressive display of flexibility. For a moment I thought it was a dryer and not a washing machine.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.
Pages: 1 ... 72 73 [74] 75 76 ... 163