Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163

Author Topic: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!  (Read 215127 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Reudh's Hilarious Australasian politics thread!
« Reply #105 on: March 25, 2013, 11:21:29 pm »

Welp, at least you weren't voting for the Rise Up Australia Party.

Challenge: Watch the entire video and not rage. I can't do it...
0:08 "...founded on Judeo-Christian Values."

Challenge lost.

I was wondering if this guy wasn't an American who immigrated to Australia, because he mentioned JFK so fervently and sounds like a Southern Baptist except with "America" replaced by "Australia". Oddly, Wikipedia says he's originally from Sri Lanka.

He also said "take the fight to the streets" and perhaps most troubling "Keep Australia Australian", which really is the KKK's motto with "America" replaced by "Australia".
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 25, 2013, 11:24:42 pm »

Yea, the guy needs a good ass kicking.
Also, he claims to have raised the dead... Truly the kind of man we want in politics!

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: March 25, 2013, 11:30:53 pm »

Aren't large stretches of Australia uninhabitable desert? I question whether the "second most empty country on the planet" thing is taking that into account.

Let me put it like this: 1/4 of the population live in a single city.

The country is far from full even discounting desert.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: March 25, 2013, 11:34:55 pm »

Population of Australia: 22,600,000
Population of England: 53,000,000

I think we can fit one or two more guys in...

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: March 25, 2013, 11:54:44 pm »

Yeah, the bottleneck is mostly in water bandwidth, and we're not at that yet, especially not in places outside of Victoria.

My policy is let 'em in, they might take jobs but they also create them, and we've no moral right to keep them out. I have funny views about nationalism that way.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: March 26, 2013, 12:00:43 am »

Water is a serious issue, but not as bad as some people think. A great deal of the outback, at least in NSW, SA and QLD is covered by the great artesian basin, so when your wishing for water, don't look up for clouds, instead dig down...

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: March 26, 2013, 12:32:56 am »

Plus, since most of us live on the coast, desal is always an option (power constraints make it less attractive, but that problem is hardly unsolvable).
The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: March 26, 2013, 12:41:59 am »

Welp, at least you weren't voting for the Rise Up Australia Party.

Challenge: Watch the entire video and not rage. I can't do it...
0:08 "...founded on Judeo-Christian Values."

Challenge lost.

I was wondering if this guy wasn't an American who immigrated to Australia, because he mentioned JFK so fervently and sounds like a Southern Baptist except with "America" replaced by "Australia". Oddly, Wikipedia says he's originally from Sri Lanka.

He also said "take the fight to the streets" and perhaps most troubling "Keep Australia Australian", which really is the KKK's motto with "America" replaced by "Australia".

He's horrifying. He's been opposing the building of a mosque in Dandenong, a primarily new-migrant suburb (54%), claiming it would cause issues for a nearby church. The mosque said 'no problem, we'll build in Bangholme, (an almost 100% industrial suburb)'. Nalliah tried to oppose that by putting in a permit to build a christian church nearby, and hence attempting to block it based on them being too close. The move failed.
There was a general consensus in the PUBLIC that Nalliah is an effquit, but he's backed by his own 'Catch the fire' ministry and group, and the ultra-fundy right.
Even the liberals, who are strongly right leaning, dismiss Nalliah and his group as whackos.

So what does one of the newly elected MPs for my area do? Cr Rosalie Crestani spends $360000 on a poll to determine whether the public thinks Nalliah is right or wrong, and then is accused of wasting rate-payer's money.

I'm all for going to one of either the council's meetings or one of his sermons to be the yin to his insane yang.

Regarding water, Victoria, Tasmania and Eastern NSW are going to be well off. Victoria attracts a lot of rain because of its temperate climate being occluded by cold sea winds and hot interior winds, and the Great Dividing Range helps to pull the rain down. NSW has similar.

Tasmania gets lots of water because it's very far south.

Osmosis Jones

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 100% more rotation!
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: March 26, 2013, 01:36:16 am »

So, the fallout from Ruddgate is as follows;

Crean was sacked, Kerr, Ferguson and Bowen basically forced to step down, and a bunch of rookies and loyalists bumped up.

As such, we now have a rather overworked cabinet, with a number of the pollies holding a few *large* portfolios.

On the lighter side though; we now have a member of cabinet called Gary Gray. His parents must not have liked him much.

The Marx generator will produce Engels-waves which should allow the inherently unstable isotope of Leninium to undergo a rapid Stalinisation in mere trockoseconds.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: March 26, 2013, 01:42:07 am »

mother fucker...
Liberal is going to clean sweep next election.  :'(

Evilsx

• Bay Watcher
  • Some crazy person
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: March 26, 2013, 02:16:17 am »

mother fucker...
Liberal is going to clean sweep next election.  :'(
Unless someone gets off there ass soon, then there is no chance

ansontan2000

• Bay Watcher
  • I am a Poro. Fear me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: March 26, 2013, 02:21:02 am »

Ptw (I'm Indonesian, so I must keep up with our scary neighbor's political news!)
When a soldier makes a mistake, one man dies.
When a captain makes a mistake, a dozen men die.
When a commander makes a mistake, a thousand men die.
When an emperor makes a mistake, well, there is a game save for retry.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: March 26, 2013, 02:23:16 am »

Wait, I can't tell if that was a joke or not... In all seriousness, does Indonesia see Australia as 'scary'?

Reelya

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: March 26, 2013, 03:00:20 am »

I think many Indonesians sees Australia like Latin Americans see the United States, as a bunch of arrogant racist busy-bodies meddling in their business. I'd be interested to know if that is actually a wide-spread perception.

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: March 26, 2013, 03:27:50 am »

I think many Indonesians sees Australia like Latin Americans see the United States, as a bunch of arrogant racist busy-bodies meddling in their business. I'd be interested to know if that is actually a wide-spread perception.

I'd be interested to hear what Indonesia thinks of all the various 'let all those other countries deal with the immigrants we don't want' strategies our pollies have dreamed up.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 163