Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: You are Truck Drivin' Man!  (Read 1309 times)

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
You are Truck Drivin' Man!
« on: March 23, 2013, 03:50:09 pm »

It's another windy day in Iowa.  You left some warehouse about two hours ago with a full load of barrels in back of your truck. It's a heavy load, and the truck is hard to control on a good day, but today the wind is blowing extremely hard. Every time the wind gusts, your truck violently sways side to side. Sometimes , you end up in another lane ... it's a good thing there isn't much traffic.

Anyway, you've about had enough of driving for today. You look at the signs, looking for an exit where you can stop. Exit 931A catches your eye. There's a big truck stop, a few restaurants, and a bar. Is it time to stop?

Spoiler: "pants" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "cab" (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: "back of truck" (click to show/hide)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: You are Truck Drivin' Man!
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2013, 04:59:16 pm »

Stop.

Sell truck.

Derail thread.

Or,

Stop.

Go to truck stop.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »

Right. There's a SupOilCo truckstop at this exit. You apply the brakes and start steering towards the highway exist. You've been thinking a lot about leaving your job lately (-5 morale!), but right now, you're too broke to do it. As you back your truck into line with all the other trucks, you frown and look at all the other drivers.
They are just like you, slaves to some giant company that only cares about consumer goods delivered on time. Yuck.

As you walk inside the truckstop, you briefly consider selling your truck to the dealership down the road. You can't do this! It's your only means of making a living right now!
You shake your head and walk over to the magazine stand. There's the usual magazines, but one in particular catches your eye . "Megapolis Monthly". The biggest city in the country apparently needs it's own magazine, and today they are apparently announcing a large park is being built downtown, complete with fountain! "Damn rich people, with too much money!", you think to yourself. "I think it'd look a lot better filled with that sludge I got in back of my truck.." You thought you were thinking it, but you actually voice it out loud.
[+5 Madness!]

You quickly look around to see if anyone heard you, and sure enough... there's another truck driver standing near you. He's a skinny guy, black beard, pale complexion. He's reading a copy of some car magazine, but quickly puts it back on the stand. He looks up at you and says "Hey, you. What'd you say?"

Spoiler: "Personal Condition" (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:55:19 pm by Mullet Master »

rabidgam3r

• Bay Watcher
  • bruh
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2013, 05:57:30 pm »

Realize the reason pants is in quotes is that you are wearing only a shirt and your cat, Fluffy, as underwear.
Even if he hadn't brought the server down in a ball of flaming, slow-mo gibbing corgis

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2013, 06:01:06 pm »

"just thinking of messing with the rich folks"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2013, 06:06:41 pm »

You say nonchalantly, "just thinking of messing with the rich folks." That answer doesn't seem to satisfy him. He has a disgusted look on his face. Maybe he didn't hear you... but wait? What's this?
Why is he looking down at your... legs?? That's right. You were going to change before going inside... but didn't. Why? You are standing in the truck stop in your boxers. The boxers with all the white cats printed on them. You start backing towards the door, but now everyone has noticed and is snickering at you. (Morale -5)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2013, 06:16:07 pm »

Go get my pants
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2013, 06:32:55 pm »

You make a quick dash for the door, and out to your truck again. As you run out, several people pumping gas into their cars point at you, and one even takes a cellphone picture. Well, at least you are wearing something.

As you hop up into the truck and peer over all the people, still pointing and guffawing, you feel strangely powerful. (+2 morale) You put your cleanest pants on, put on your shoes again, and ponder your next move.

Spoiler: pants (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Worn/Wielded Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: back of truck (click to show/hide)

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2013, 06:34:53 pm »

Drive my truck to it designation

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2013, 06:39:12 pm »

Wake up from your nightmare to find yourself in your truck, parked along the side of the road.  Wearing pants. 
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 07:43:57 pm by alamoes »

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2013, 07:21:04 pm »

Ok, priorities (Most important to least):

Get morale
Get madness
Get Hygiene

So first, Think about your great accomplishments in life. If you don't have any, Think of the great things you could accomplish. Preferably insane things.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 23, 2013, 07:26:28 pm »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xArmqniFiJ8
Well I'm gonna be a truck drivin' man!

Mullet Master

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 23, 2013, 09:05:48 pm »

You try to wake up. No dice. You aren't asleep. You'd know you were asleep because you'd be in your sleeper, with the door closed. You are really seconding guessing yourself a lot these days... (madness + 1)

Sitting in your truck, staring down those who would laugh at you for your lack of pants... you decide now is a logical time to think about your accomplishments in life! (madness + 2)
You look at yourself in the mirror. Your beard is extremely long, black, and curly..... it falls in great waves and covers up the majority of your flannel shirt. It has taken a long time to grow this beard, and you are proud of it. Bitchin'!
You look at the hood of your truck, and the silver plated plastic naked lady hood ornament. This truck isn't the best, but it's paid for, and your sleeper is pretty comfortable. (Morale +5)
With another ten long haul runs like this one, you'll be able to buy a nice place somewhere.

There's not enough time today to get to your destination. It's best just to relax. You plug in your MP3 player , and Blue Collar Man comes on! Yes! Well, no, not Yes, but Styx, close enough. You rock out for a while.
(Morale + 5)
Spoiler: pants (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Worn/Wielded Items (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: back of truck (click to show/hide)

CyberUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Nothing satisfies—Attain liberation with vigilance
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2013, 09:14:40 pm »

Equip tennis shoes to weapon slot.

Also, make plans to at some point gain a weapon that scales in strength with the madness stat. Start thinking about what you are hauling and what you could do with it.
Slog looks overjoyed at this revelation.
Slog is a barrel of endless dopamine.
Pages: [1] 2