Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96592 times)

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Still the same four [Day 5]
« Reply #585 on: May 08, 2013, 03:40:00 pm »

Extend. Hapah. Claim, now.

So I read what Toaster said about the delay. If you had actioned a kill on N3, it should have shown up N4 - that is, last night. It didn't, which means that mafia didn't action a kill or there's a lying roleblocker.

I delayed you last night. That didn't redelay the N3 kill, but your self-redirect claim is bullshit because I won that draw. I can't stress this enough. That means that I should be misdirected if you really did do what you said (doubtful, since the N4 PM should have specified the delay), and that's testable. I still got a redirect last night, and nobody claimed that, but it can't be Toony and it's not Okami unless he is one lucky SOB and just guessed that follow action. Whatever else you did should show up N5, whether it is a kill or something else.

This is MYLO. Although my first thought was that we could No Lynch again if we had no really strong leads, that wouldn't work in a case where Toony decided to kill but got delayed, he kills twice tomorrow and it's game over.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: May 08, 2013, 03:41:30 pm »

EDIT: Third paragraph beginning with "I delayed you" refers to Toony, but really it's directed pretty generally.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: May 08, 2013, 04:29:10 pm »

Extend

In fact, it's kind of suspicious that you didn't pipe up with that claim in the first place.  Why not?
Because I didn't think it would matter with my Misdirection claim on top of it (remember, I never mentioned my Enchanted Weapon yesterday until you talked about, mainly because we still aren't in that mass-claim stage and there's no reason to let the mafia have all the info right now).  I asked Toaster earlier about what would happen if the two are overlapped and he said only the ones that actually ended up targeting me would be counted in such a case.
You don't think the ability to confirm what ability hit you would be useful to the rest of us? There should be absolutely zero guesswork about if you were delayed or not, the SoK would have told you. What action hit you?

Spoiler: OOC @ LNCP (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: LNCP (click to show/hide)
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: May 08, 2013, 05:18:35 pm »

I think it's the combination of SoK and SoM that's really fucking me up.  I asked Toaster again to be sure and he confirmed someone definitely hit me with a delay and that's it (I wish I could quote this PM :P), but I'm having trouble understanding that because that doesn't make any sense according to the priority list.

I have another final in 15 minutes and two more tomorrow though so aaaaah Extend.  I was gonna vote tomorrow after digesting all this.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: May 08, 2013, 05:50:19 pm »

Mod, please explain the x of Treasure. If used, when will the target receive the item, and what flavour description would come out?

ToonyMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Danger Magnet
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: May 08, 2013, 07:01:11 pm »

PFP

Did you get an item from Hapah last night LNCP?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Can't Catch a Break [Day 3]
« Reply #591 on: May 08, 2013, 07:31:20 pm »

Vote Count:

Hapah: lordnincompoop
Okami No Rei:
lordnincompoop: Okami No Rei
ToonyMan: 

No Lynch:

Not Voting: Hapah, ToonyMan

Day has been ExtendedDay 5 will last until Friday, 5/10 at 11 PM EST.

Mod, please explain the x of Treasure. If used, when will the target receive the item, and what flavour description would come out?

At the end of the night, in their night result PM.  Flavor would be an item popping into existence in front of them inexplicably.

From Roguelike 1:
You find shelter and prepare to rest until morning, when a loud *KA-CHING* surprises you!  A Scroll of Enchant Armor appears out of nowhere and falls to your feet.  You’re not sure where it came from, but you appreciate it!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 09, 2013, 12:54:33 am »

Mod: Does the target receive the item the same night the scroll was used, or the subsequent night, or any other night?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 09, 2013, 08:16:18 am »

Mod: Does the target receive the item the same night the scroll was used, or the subsequent night, or any other night?

Same night.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
  • It is by will alone that I set my mind in motion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 09, 2013, 09:06:18 am »

So, did you receive an item or not?
It is by the spice caffeine that thoughts acquire speed.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 09, 2013, 10:32:22 am »

I did. N4, so I can confirm Hapah's action.

Mod, does the user of a redirect or misdirect effect item know which player the action was redirected to?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 09, 2013, 01:06:49 pm »

I did. N4, so I can confirm Hapah's action.

Mod, does the user of a redirect or misdirect effect item know which player the action was redirected to?

No.

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 09, 2013, 01:33:46 pm »

Well, somebody's lying here.  LNCP claims using a delay on Toony, which should have delayed his Misdirect.  How about this:

Toony - You used a Scroll of Misdirection last night, which was delayed to tonight.  You're lying about the Scroll of Knowledge.  LNCP delayed you again tonight, but got redirected back to you.  You delayed claiming results from the Scroll of Knowledge because you don't actually have any, and you made a lucky guess that Hapah didn't target you.
...start thinking that everything somebody does is scummy or that everything is part of some scummy plan to be incredibly devious and mislead the town...

Okami No Rei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: May 09, 2013, 01:36:00 pm »

EBWOP
s/last night/N3
s/tonight/N4

lordnincompoop

• Bay Watcher
  • Allusionist
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: May 09, 2013, 03:05:30 pm »

Unvote. This game is making less and less sense, and it's getting on my nerves. I'm also getting a very strong sense that my line of thought is flawed.

I need to think this through first.

Okami: What did you use N4 to get your read? How come you have so many more items, and powerful ones at that, compared to the other players here?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 44