Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44

Author Topic: Roguelike Mafia 6 - Sanity Reigns [Game Over]  (Read 96787 times)

Zrk2

• Bay Watcher
  • Emperor of the Damned
    • View Profile
Re: Roguelike Mafia 6 - The Cloister of Zodank, God of Madness [Day 1]
« Reply #300 on: March 29, 2013, 03:59:25 pm »

I believe it was said earlier there are no hammers in this game.
He's just keeping up with the Cardassians.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: March 29, 2013, 04:04:33 pm »

Hammer is one thing.  Lynching on one vote away from a tie is another thing.  The town needs to decide.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: March 29, 2013, 04:25:12 pm »

Very well then. Zrk2 for reasons I stated in my last post.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
  • Eating dragons has some side effects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: March 29, 2013, 05:43:12 pm »

PFP (And I wrote this post like 6 hours ago, but I don't think it's aged all that badly)

After puzzling over ZU's message for like ... ten minutes (+/- a day), I've concluded it's either meaningless, or he was telling me I smell bad.

Zombie Urist: Why exactly does not answering your message make me scummy?

Some questions for you: where have you been? You're voting ZU; do you want him lynched? If so, what's your case, and who's your second pick? What are your opinions of Okami no Rei, Deathsword, and Imperial Guardsman?
Kinda answered that, although my grammar makes it hard to read, I think.

I spent the afternoon & evening with friends playing D&D. It was planned ahead of time. I planned to get a post in a few hours after my last one, but got sidetracked entertaining my guests and forgot about it.

Okami: ...townish. His "I deliberately voted scummy" gambit was a bit overthought. I didn't look at that vote twice. Even looking at it now it doesn't really feel all that scummy.

Deathsword: Given his bad connection, there's not a whole lot for me to work with. Even with a decent connection, he's often very busy these days.

Imperial Guard: Doing pretty well for a new player. I don't have much more to add.

Zrk2: I believe you're wrong. If Alamoes was scum, he'd have teammates coaching him. He doesn't look coached. Freshman is (was) far more likely to be scum because of his relative silence. There are things missing from his posts that I would expect to see, and I feel like I'm only hearing part of the conversation.
Just noticed this, and felt there was something worth pointing out. The previous Roguelikes have had wacky setups (2 SKs and no scumteam in one game, 2 mentors and no scumteam in another), and I expect that this one will be no exception. It's completely possible for him(or anyone) to be scum/nontown and not have a team. I don't feel alamoes is scummy, but it's something to keep in mind.
Huh...that's definitely a worthwhile point. But since Freshman was exerting signs of it and Alamoes wasn't ... that was my logic, anyway.
...Holy shit. Ford, you get the Official Medal of Epic Awesomeness.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: March 29, 2013, 06:01:18 pm »

pfp

Ford, regarding Imp, how exactly is ignoring a question for four days in a row 'doing pretty well'?

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: March 29, 2013, 06:06:26 pm »

I've given ZU and NQT a proper look.

ZU looks pretty scummy.  I disagree with Vector's assertion that his current actions don't fit his meta - they seem to fit his scum meta pretty well, and they remind me of his behaviour in VLR (in which he was a spy).  I would not be at all opposed to a ZU lynch, but I think a Zrk2 lynch is equally good and would rather not risk half-switching the votestack at this point (which could result in a no lynch or scum deciding the outcome).

I'm not seeing NQT scum at all.  He seems to be struggling to express himself properly but I read a genuine desire to identify scum in basically all of his posts.  Certainly I haven't seen the constant logical contortions I associate with scum-NQT.

I still stand beside my case against Alamoes
But... it was pressure, wasn't it?

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: March 29, 2013, 06:33:24 pm »

...that's not a proper look at all. Also, basing meta on one game is a terrible idea.

I haven't seen the constant logical contortions I associate with town-NQT. Also, he's only asked weak no-pressure rvs-type questions and he's voting IG based on the fact that he hasn't answered his questions. This in itself is not too damning, but I repeat that HE COULD BE VOTING HIS TOP SUSPICION (me) and would probably be a deciding vote in that regard. Also despite that he finds me the scummiest, he hasn't done anything about it. He has no suspicions other than me and his only reason for that is
ZU seems to me the most scummiest: his curtness is a mask for evasiveness, and his predecessor Fresh was dropping scum tells like they were going out of fashion.
which not only is total BS, but is also total BS.

After puzzling over ZU's message for like ... ten minutes (+/- a day), I've concluded it's either meaningless, or he was telling me I smell bad.
Zombie Urist: Why exactly does not answering your message make me scummy?
It doesn't, but the fact that you replied after I said that not answering is scummy is kinda scummy. The message was entirely meaningless and was designed in such a way that no good reply could be made in return. I don't remember the exact thing I sent, but this is the gist of it
"Always shower in fountains, because you never know the depth of the ocean."
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: March 29, 2013, 06:41:10 pm »

Oh hey. I never posted this. Man, I'm doing terrible today. I think this stuff is two days old.

Alamoes: Good start. Follow up on those questions once they've got answers. But you need to respond to Zrk2's accusations against you.

Leafsnail: I don't see where Zrk2 backed down off his vote. He's still voting Alamoes, and his agreement was not him agreeing he was wrong, only agreeing with me about my assessment that he could still defend himself.

Tiruin:
I disagree with this. Towntells, scumtells, noobtells. People can mess up anywhichway possible. While, yes, he may have teammates coaching him - said teammates wouldn't probably be there to post @QT or personally steer his course right for him.
True enough. I'm still getting a strong scum vibe from Freshman/ZU's corner, though.

While I do agree with his noobtell (of....voting himself.) His reasoning seems flawed in the sense of how he spends his vote.
That was an accident that had to do with him not using quote tags. ZU did exactly the same thing, amusingly enough.

What marks him scummy in your book btw?
Don't know. He hasn't done it yet.
Its official! Ford! You need to put it in your sig now! "Official Mafia Welcomer!"

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: March 29, 2013, 06:50:25 pm »

If you're voting someone and at the same time admitting that you don't think there's any chance of them being lynched then that isn't much of a vote (same for a "pressure vote").  It's like voting for the Monster Raving Loony Party, or something.

Captain Ford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: March 29, 2013, 06:56:39 pm »

NQT: The link you posted to that question in this post is broken.
Also, it's a link to the "quote" button for that post.
...And it doesn't actually include the question you're referring to.

Hmm...Imperial has had a lot of trouble keeping up with the questions he's been asked. I originally voted him for the same reasons you have, but he seemed to be improving so I moved on.
It doesn't seem to be malicious. He comes up with answers pretty readily when he does notice them.

Is there any reason why it's important for him to answer your question in particular?

PPE: Leafsnail

The Soldier

• Bay Watcher
  • Mono-Lances
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: March 29, 2013, 07:14:55 pm »

Captain Ford:
Some questions for you: where have you been? You're voting ZU; do you want him lynched? If so, what's your case, and who's your second pick? What are your opinions of Okami no Rei, Deathsword, and Imperial Guardsman?
Kinda answered that, although my grammar makes it hard to read, I think.
I assume your answer is here? If so, please answer this: who should be lynched today, and why? If not, please point me to the answer, I couldn't find anything else.

NQT:
P.S.

The Soldier, my read on Hapah is that best case is, he's well meaning and thinks there's something about my style that is scummy. Worst case, he's just picked a random person to wail upon so he looks active. He certainly doesn't have any sort of case, or if he does I'd sincerely like to see it.
So which case is it? Do answer again if your opinion changes after Hapah's post.

General:
There are three hours left in the day, and the vote stands with 5 on Zrk2 and 4 on ZU. I would be happy with a lynch of either, as they both have done very little to find scum, but we really should come to a consensus to stop any potential shenanigans. We could extend, but that would push day end all the way to Monday, so I'd rather do that only if we really need the extra time. Now that I think, I realized there are some people in odd timezones who we need to hear from, so extend. Besides, shortens exist.

notquitethere

• Bay Watcher
  • PIRATE
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: March 29, 2013, 07:27:35 pm »

PFP.

Ford, the broken link is small issue, but the previous three missives directed at him were all sound. Each time I'd attempted to link back to the previous time I asked him to answer my question. The content of my original quesion is besides the point- I'd like some kind of response! Until then, all I can do is keep up the pressure by not moving my vote and insisting on a reply.

ZU, you grossly misunderstood my reply to Hapah. I only meant to indicate that you seemed marginally more scummy than Zrk2. Also, unless my vote comes down to a tie breaker and town isn't extending, then there's no harm in me keeping the pressure on a player who, unlike you, hasn't responded to my questions. As for logical analysis, I can only do that when we have concrete information, like a flip.

Soldier, I'm not sure of Hapah's alignment- I'm not psychic, there's been no time to use an Inspect if I had one, there's no solid info from a flip and so, as I indicated, his possible alignment could be misplaced-town or malicious-scum, I just don't know.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: March 29, 2013, 08:48:33 pm »

Vote Count:

The Soldier:
notquitethere: Hapah, Zombie Urist
Vector:
Captain Ford:
Hapah:
Okami No Rei:
Deathsword:
Zrk2: Leafsnail, The Soldier, Okami No Rei, Tiruin, Deathsword
Leafsnail:
Imperial Guardsman: notquitethere
Tiruin:
alamoes:
Zombie Urist: alamoes, Imperial Guardsman, Zrk2, Vector

Not Voting: Captain Ford

Day 1 will last until until Friday, 3/29 at 11 PM EST, about 70 minutes from this post.

There are two votes to extend.  Four total required to extend the day.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: March 29, 2013, 09:25:00 pm »

I still stand beside my case against Alamoes
But... it was pressure, wasn't it?
Hm.

I'd rather not extend, if we can get around it. I still don't see the mean of the Zrk2 case, but it appears you guys do. I guess we will see what happens!
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

alamoes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: March 29, 2013, 09:36:15 pm »

I need to reread the thread.  I've been out and about all day.  It was interesting.  Washington DC is a terrible place to drive, trust me.  My uncle's wifi is beginning to reject his Ipad, only a matter of time before I'm stuck without Internet. 
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 44