Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Nobility and abandoning:  (Read 638 times)

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Nobility and abandoning:
« on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:53 pm »

What happens to the king when you abandon? Does he go back to the mountainhome?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Nobility and abandoning:
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 07:06:11 pm »

Best ask that on Future of the Fortress over in General Discussions, put the question in limegreen.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

dirty foot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:12:45 pm »

Best ask that on Future of the Fortress over in General Discussions, put the question in limegreen.
Will do.

For future reference, should I not be asking questions in this forum?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 10:23:07 pm »

This forum is fine to ask questions. Its just the Future of the Fortress takes the questions right to Toady, and he will be able to tell you what's up with that for next release.

You wanted to know what happens in the current release? As far as I know the dwarves from the abandoned fortress form a group that moves around. You can have the migrate to your fort. Not sure whether the king keeps his title though. Sorry about that.

Still it was an important question to ask about the next release. I think the king will move to another site in the next release, however, when it comes out you will also be able to retire your fort.
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Lida_Brainbroken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 11:55:27 pm »

As far as I know the dwarves from the abandoned fortress form a group that moves around. You can have the migrate to your fort.
Reading the legends, it appeared my abandoned fortresses retained the population, but the fortresses each changed it's name.  It read something like;
"Urist McBoozer ceased to be a member of Cheesewheel."
"Urist McBoozer became a member of Yakface."
...and so on.
Must admit though, it was a sweet sweet feeling when I finally remembered to make my newest embark of the same civ as my previous one and had my legendary weaponsmith, legendary cook and a legendary miner, all from the previous fortress, arrive with the first migration.  Can't wait for some of the previously trained militia to show up.
She was on her way to the booze stockpile for a drink and got interrupted by the wyvern. It is not wise to stand between a grumpy senior and her booze.