Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: What is your favorite wildlife/animal?  (Read 1470 times)

Catsup

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What is your favorite wildlife/animal?
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2013, 02:33:36 pm »

generally jabberers and rutherers with voracious cave crawlers taking second place. I modded most animals so that they are all breedable and trainable for war, and some of them to be much stronger and vicious than vanilla. Rutherers share the same teeth and claws and attacks as giant tigers in my world, and are aggressive large predators that hunt in small packs (i think i made their breeding a little too fast though...). Voracious cave crawlers lay eggs that may hatch up to 30 larvae in my fort, which make them excellent fodder.

travellersside

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2013, 02:51:22 pm »

Badgers. I love badgers, vicious little critters that they are.

My first fort after they were introduced had badgers, badgermen and giant badgers as about 80% of the animal population. I got rather attached to them after that.

They don't graze, you get a decent amount of meat when butcherig, they breed at a decent rate, and they're quite happy to attack things. I consider them a very dwarfy pet.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2013, 02:53:55 pm »

* Loud Whispers has a healthy respect of ravens.

Wastedlabor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2013, 03:38:58 pm »

Tame turtles. I put once a bunch of them in an underground park lake. It was very cute.
He stole an onion. Off with his head.
I wonder, what would they do if someone killed their king.
Inevitable, who cares. Now an onion...

StubbornAlcoholic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2013, 03:57:42 pm »

I'm partial towards cave crocodiles, because they are the first animals I intentionally farmed.

I love Cave Crocs, unfortunately I only rarely seem to capture them. My hunters always go and kill them, which is highly irritating.

The one I did capture in my previous fort was pastured outside the entrance. He single-handedly held off a Goblin siege, fatally dismembering three of the attackers with his merciless jaws before they flanked him. I wish I'd had more, a small squad of crocs would have held their own :D

Mokkun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2013, 05:21:16 pm »

Crundles and going by my last fort, Dragons. (last fort got two, both female unfortunatly). Still have to put the dragons to work as flametrowers..
Pages: 1 [2]