Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6

Author Topic: Summoner's Gauntlet RTD [Turn 1: Completely Fucked]  (Read 7233 times)

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Summoner's Gauntlet RTD [Turn 1: Completely Fucked]
« Reply #60 on: April 16, 2013, 07:40:14 am »

My creation for today is a BloodBound Zombie. It was animated by a slave I beat to death with my bear hands.
It is incapable of attacking me without getting hurt, and will attack on my command. The tactics of a zombie are beneficial if he were to die, as I could reanimate his individual parts, or completely reform him as a newer one. He is expendable, as he can easily be revived multiple times, before killing off his enemies.
Because he is not living, he should be immune to most poisons, and other forms of biological defenses. Nor shall he feel pain, as he is already dead, causing him to be more effective in battle than a normal slave.
Demonstrate his strength by putting him to battle with the MindBattle Slave
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 07:48:57 am by javierpwn »

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 16, 2013, 08:02:14 am »

"I will point out a normal fight is not my guy strength."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 16, 2013, 08:12:10 am »

"Neither is mine, that's why he died. But he must show his strength!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 16, 2013, 08:16:49 am »

"So I should get a poison dagger for my guy?"
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: April 16, 2013, 08:36:22 am »

"Oh but that wouldn't be too fair would it?"
Nevertheless, the fight must go on!"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: April 16, 2013, 09:01:26 am »

If I may interrupt these two, I'd like to point out that their minions stand no chance of harming mine.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: April 16, 2013, 09:10:14 am »

"You are under the control of yours... At least mine will listen to me, and participate in the competition."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: April 16, 2013, 09:17:03 am »

My direct control over it won't matter when he's sticking a long sword through your minion's face. Besides, you really think I can't manipulate people?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: April 16, 2013, 09:22:17 am »

Hotties:
Nathaniel looked over the slaves' hands and winced inwardly. These symbols had no power in them; they simply glowed a little and conducted energy in an unproductive way. Still, there was a way to salvage the situation. If life gives you lemons...

"I have no doubt that all of you, my long-lived minions, have suffered at the hands of other races: humans, goblins and especially dwarves. You may have thought that there was no escape from that cycle of humiliation and helpessness; however, I am here to say otherwise. I, NATHANIEL THE THUNDEROUS, present you with a new job: hurting them back!"

"Many of you remember the dwarves' favorite weapon: fire. They have burned down many a retreat with their fire snake bombs and charcoal scatterguns; countless forests have been burnt down by dwarves for no reason other than to hurt your people. Well, I offer you to tame the fire! To use it to fight your enemies! To make those who sit on wooden chairs and fuel their stoves with logs feel the agony of a burning tree! I give you FlameMaster 2000, an unintrusive bodily augmentation that allows you to make flesh as flammable as wood!"

"Your left arms carry trial versions of the FlameMaster; they'll only last for an hour, maybe less, before the magic runs out; at that point you'll have a choice whether to get a full version. To activate the FlameMaster, point at the target, concentrate on the symbols and shout 'Soon-to-be-ash!'. If your concentration is sufficient, the target will become flammable at that point; if not, try again later."

"I'll finish by telling you about your rewards. They're simple: freedom and a small starting capital to start your own business of choice, as well as all the augmentations that I deem necessary to give you. Set people on fire and get freedom in exchange; what's not to love?"

Give Hotties the sales pitch about how awesome their tattoos and new jobs are, warn them about the fact that I'll have to install new tattoos soon, and instruct them to point and shout 'Soon-to-be-ash!' whenever they want something to be flammable.
Light their torches. Get mentally ready to inconspicuously make their targets flammable with my own magic.

Oh, and if any of them try to test their new augmentations on me, tell them that people in my profession don't live long without making themselves utterly non-flammable. That's a lie, of course, but I'm not making myself highly combustible on some slave's whim!

Judges:
"I have taken the powerless, the downtrodden, the victims of fires, and I saw in each of them a future arsonist. By the means of alchemical symbols on their hands, my minions are ready to turn flesh combustible and to retaliate for the forest fires that were used to capture them! They have rage aplenty, and I gave them the means to express that rage; let's see if a combination of magic, arson and actual muscles brings something new to the field of fiery murder."

Present the Hotties in such a way as to appeal to the Manic Judge's tastes. Act confident in my minions so as to throw off any suspicion that I'll attempt to help them out.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2013, 06:30:34 am by HmH »

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: April 16, 2013, 09:28:05 am »

((I just noticed something, many of us used our innate skill which earn us a +1 to the basic task; but none of us got the bonus! Scapheap should've gotten a 5, and me a 6 for our basic innate bonuses.))
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 09:34:50 am by javierpwn »

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 16, 2013, 09:31:53 am »

((Hm. That's right. And I'd have a 3.

Oh, and I just noticed I still have my 9 tokens, which is pretty awesome. Can I exchange nine used-up tokens for a partial success on a [3]?))

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 16, 2013, 11:10:51 am »

((I meant steel! Like metal! A steel sword! It was a stupid typo >.> Well atleast it seems I get to keep 3 tokens atleast since I didn't buy steel.

Btw, I thought accelerating the growth of plants would be um... in growth, not mutation. Well adding steel into plants is defiantly mutation.))

This completely not what I planned! But.... well this might work too. Well I'm winging it but better then nothing.

"Right um... I made a thorny bush that plants itself in living flesh! Not only that it in very quick to grow. So just throw it on your enemies, cover them in normal everyday drinking water and then bam! They are a tangled mess of thorny bushes that'll no doubt cause terrible pain. It can also be easily sneaked on to an unsuspecting person too! If they attempt to pull it out they would also have to rip out a huge chuck of their own skin, which is pretty hard to do, plus the thorns will make it pretty hard to get a good grip on it. This is perfect for not killing a person you want to live but otherwise hate! On top of all that, it's cheap and very mass producible!" All said in a cute appealing voice.

Also ask for a slave or animal to test out the seeds.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 06:44:48 pm by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 16, 2013, 11:45:25 am »

"Oh but that wouldn't be too fair would it?"
Nevertheless, the fight must go on!"

"But you wish to show off your creation strengths, unkillable and unpoisenable right?"

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:30 pm »

"Greetings. My creature is a Wooden Snake, which...why are you guys snickering? Shut up, I'm talking to the judges! Ahem, it's a Wooden Snake, which is like a--okay, seriously, what is it? ...I did not think of that. Ahem, my creation is like a normal snake, with venom and such, which makes it a decent improvised weapon--and you don't even need to water it to do so! Moreover, as it is woody, it is not only more like a stick or something else many people are used to throwing, it is also resistant to damage. As a bonus, its wood sticks up in splinters when nervous, so throwing it also gives your enemies splinters! And, as it is a living creature which feeds on mice, water, and sunlight, it is easy to keep and breed a good supply of ammunition. I hope you will choose the best creation of the day, which is the one one doesn't have to worry about such things as being mindless and slow, rampaging across the town, or detonating in your pack because of a drizzle. Thank you."

If allowed to keep my creation, do so and turn a few more snakes--making sure I have at least one male and at least a couple females--into Wooden Snakes, and breed them. Also try to learn how to train snakes.

(If I got +3 Mutation and was at 1, wouldn't I be at 4, not 2?)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 16, 2013, 05:43:18 pm »

(No, because it works on an experience basis. It starts out at lvl 1(0/3) you got 3 points so you went to 2(0/3)
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6