Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Summoner's Gauntlet RTD [Turn 1: Completely Fucked]  (Read 7238 times)

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
Re: Summoner's Gauntlet RTD
« Reply #15 on: March 23, 2013, 06:24:43 pm »

Well... I have some questions too.

1) Does nature just deal with plants (like it seems to be) or does it also deal with animals?

2) If I wanted to change an animal too have really high reproduction rate in order to make an instant army, am I on the right track with my starting element/principle? That's my first goal.
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 02, 2013, 07:57:03 am »

Reserve while making sheet.

Name:Dail Frogh
Appearence:Short, thin man with thin colorless hair and murky eyes. He wears dirty and worn white robe and has old, cracked porcelain halo.
Talents:Principle:Transvocation.Element:Darkness.
Bio:Before gameshow he was pastor in small cult, that preached using sins as fuel for doing good deeds.(Or what they thought are good deeds.)
« Last Edit: April 02, 2013, 08:12:11 am by Illgeo »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2013, 02:41:27 am »

Turn 0: Welcome to the Show

The twelve of you are gathered on a white floor in a spacious... something. It could almost pass for a garden or plaza, except the walls are composed of some curving black material that's either very dark and glossy or glass or similar that's looking out into sheer darkness. Similarly glossy spheres float lazily through the air, high enough to not be noticeable unless you look straight up.

"Welcome, contestants!" a voice calls out, and with a rather dramatic puff of multicolored smoke and a lot of largely feminine cheering coming from above, your host appears. Some of you recognize him as an Arshazari Incubus, others can only guess that his wings and hornlets make him a demon of some kind. Either way, he's fairly ruggedly built and very handsome, but displays some obviously inhuman characteristics, notably his stubby, vaguely hooflike feet, swishing tail, and batlike wings.

He stalks over, moving with a bit of swagger and holding yet another, but much smaller black sphere in his hands.

"As I'm sure you're aware, I am your host. It is my duty to explain the challenges and provide additional insight to what we're about to witness. But I can't do it alone! Let's meet out judges, shall we?"

The closest black wall slides upwards, revealing a counter with three figures seated at it.

"Greetings. I look forward to seeing your insights, Summoners," the leftmost figure says. It appears to be a darkened skeleton of some kind, presumably a lich. Its voice is melodious and has an echoing quality.

"Greetings! I look forward to seeing all the stuff you can do!" the middle figure adds. It's a woman, but a gaunt, pale, obviously fanged woman with a somewhat manic air about her. She sounds very enthusiastic.

"Greetings. I look forward to seeing your results," the last, rightmost figure says. It's a rather severe-looking, rather dead-looking man, with a similar but more petrified pale gauntness to the middle figure.

"And those are our judges!" your host says to more applause. "Now then, let's get this first challenge underway, shall we?

Your first challenge is a simple one, designed to make sure you're warmed up. This is also a bonus round, so don't worry! None of you will be banished to a slow death in a hellish, icy wasteland just yet. It's still worth tokens though, so don't skimp!

Your first challenge shall last a mere 1 round. That may sound brief, but that's the point! The goal of this challenge is to get a minion ready immediately, on a moment's notice!

The Armory, Workshop, and Arena are now open to you, Summoners. Good luck and get to it!"

With that, three more walls rise, revealing the place to purchase accoutrements, the working area, and a testing arena. A glowing red ball also descends, appears, transforms, or otherwise shows up where it wasn't before, displaying the rapidly dwindling time you have left.

Sample Accoutrements

Slaves
0 Power / 1 Toughness

Soldiers
1 Power / 1 Toughness

Wolves
1 Power / 1 Toughness

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

((I do apologize for all the things that aren't clear.

Nature can indeed cover animals, but it can be trickier to use than on plants, because, as you've probably noticed, it tends to operate in plant terms. Transforming something's claws could be done with Thorns, something's torso might need Stem, and its teeth could use Thorns, but major mouth modifications might need Root, as could its heart.

Also, as a reminder, purchasing accoutrements does not require any time, though you might want to inquire about or try to buy things ahead of time if you're not sure if you can get them. Losing a turn because it turns out they don't sell Ancient Acid Dragons can quite literally be a fatal delay.

Also as a reminder, raw materials, including living things, are in a limited but inexhaustible supply based on their relative worth. In the case of living things this usually isn't as pronounced, since you might get a handful of slaves or just one dragon, but with inanimate materials you might be able to make a giant golem out of lumber but get only a few bars of gold.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Summoner's Gauntlet RTD [Turn 0: Welcome to the Show]
« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2013, 02:49:27 am »

((Uh...are those three things the slaves we can buy? Or something?))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2013, 03:03:06 am »

If this is possible, I would like to buy a few chunks of stone and some fabric.
If it isn't, please tell me what I did wrong.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 03, 2013, 03:12:38 am »

i would like to buy a wolf, a vine and some kind of nature tome, can i get the prices?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 03, 2013, 03:24:20 am »

((Right then...

Accoutrements are Materials or Tools.

Tools are any reasonable instrument or implement you might want, from a hammer to an arcane crucible.

Materials are a supply of either raw materials, like stone, wood, or platinum, or living things, like slaves, wolves, or venomous serpents. You can only use so many or so much per challenge, but you can use it every challenge. There might be some buildup, ie not using a source for a few turns might give you a little extra when you do use it, but again, usually that shouldn't be an issue unless you screw up with something expensive or try to use your supply of living slaves to harvest enough eyes for a golem.

In all cases, accoutrements cost 3 tokens. More advanced accoutrements might cost 6 or 9, but chances are you don't want to mess with those yet. Anything reasonable and mundane should cost only 3 tokens regardless.))

((Uh...are those three things the slaves we can buy? Or something?))
((Those are some sample slaves/components, yes. Mainly I wanted an example of how Power and Toughness scale, specifically that they're fairly low on most critters.))

If this is possible, I would like to buy a few chunks of stone and some fabric.
If it isn't, please tell me what I did wrong.
((Well, you get a supply, not just a pile of them. That aside, any particular type of stone or fabric? That might or might not be relevant at some point.

Also the form might be relevant also. Stone slabs will be different than stone bricks for some purposes, for instance, and you'll need tools and/or servants to convert them. The size of the fabric might even be relevant, since right now you don't have any cutting implements.))

i would like to buy a wolf, a vine and some kind of nature tome, can i get the prices?
((3 tokens apiece. As with the others, don't forget to be specific where it matters.))
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 03, 2013, 04:01:09 am »

buy a supply of wolves and leech vines then purchase a root tome.

use growth/root magic to give the leeching vines symbiotic roots for injecting nutrients into a creature and then feed them to the wolf so that they might bond with it and project the nutrient draining tendrils into its claws and fangs.

use growth/thorn magic to give the wolf leeching spikes along its spinal column and on its shoulders.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2013, 04:39:03 am »

Buy a supply of slaves

Use light/Invocation to heal what problems a slave has then use Light/Shelter to boost the same slave defenses, let go for the mind defenses, slaves tend to be a bit weak there.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2013, 04:44:36 am »

Is this possible to sacrifice one slave to empower other?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 04:47:14 am by Illgeo »

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2013, 06:42:47 am »

Hm.... something immediate... well that's outside my expertise... growth takes time.... Hm.... well plants grow faster then animals... it may not be a minion persay... but it'd be useful nonetheless. Still... I'm gonna have to go outside my usual field. If only I had more time then a single round.

Buy some steal, and thorny bush seeds (like pretty much a plant that grows quickly on it's own but is covered in thorns). Also a huge planting pot with fertilized dirt in it. ((I assume water isn't something we need to pay tokens for, right?))
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2013, 06:45:13 am »

Purchase some kind of motile plant (if available) or a snake/s.

If a plant: Make it have a tougher bark which it can reshape into stuff.
If a snake: Do the same to its scales.

(How does Naturopathy work?)
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 04:17:32 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

javierpwn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2013, 07:16:33 am »

Buy 2 wolves(packs?) and a slave(group?)

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2013, 11:06:58 am »

Buy Wolf and Slave

HmH

• Bay Watcher
  • Cage Trap Personified
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2013, 03:10:15 pm »

((Do note that I'm just guessing the limits of what we can do with Tools, and right now I'm probably pushing these limits already.

Also, please notify me if this action is difficult enough to make its modifier go into the negatives even with Infusion and Vitriol bonuses.))

Buy Material: Slaves(elf slaves, if possible), Material: Torches and Tool: Arcane Tattoo Set.

Tattoo the alchemical symbols of Infusion and Vitriol onto the Slaves' left hands, making them able to turn organic matter highly combustible. Give them the Torches to hold in their right hands.
Call the result of my work ''Hotties".

((Oh, by the way, you've forgotten to write (HmH) after my character's name.

And to state the obvious: it's awesome that you have decided to keep this game alive.))
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:34:49 pm by HmH »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6