Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere]  (Read 8990 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Tribes of Ice RTD [Turn 2: Wolves Everywhere]
« on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:16 pm »

Beneath the warming sun and the chilling moon, across the snowy forests and icy plains, you survive. Like all living things, you struggle against hunger and cold and wounds by sheer determination, intent on making your place in this world.

But unlike most other living things- the meek rabbits, the stately elks, even the cunning wolves- you possess the cunning to craft tools, to learn from your mistakes, and to hopefully not just survive, but thrive.

You'd best hurry, however. Day won't last forever, and it gets rather cold at night...

Spoiler: Sun and Moon (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Stats (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Attributes (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Totems (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Crafting (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Actions and The World (click to show/hide)

Signup Sheet:

Name: Self explanatory
Race: No overt effects, but might affect totem building and occasionally influence reactions to you.
Gender: May become relevant should you amass 10 food and become interested in starting a family.
Appearance: Mostly irrelevant, but may affect the way others react to you. Note that two-legged others are rather rare and snow wolves tend to not judge people based on appearance.
Bio: Optional. Bear in mind that you're a lone stone age individual on a tundra.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 03:15:46 am by IronyOwl »
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Tribes of Ice RTD
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 10:06:49 pm »

« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 05:14:40 pm by IronyOwl »
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 10:07:06 pm »

Miscellaneous post. Feel free to post now.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 10:08:59 pm »

PTW
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:58:23 am by Tiruin »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 10:14:37 pm »

I'd play, but I've seen what happened to all of the Irony RTDs I've participated in. PTW for now, and if it lasts I'll waitlist.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 10:25:03 pm »

Name: Gwem
Race: Human (I'm pretty sure this is what you mean...)
Appearance:This woman has beady eyes the color of coffee with cream. Her silky, straight, cream-colored hair is worn in a style that reminds you of a waterfall. She is tall and has a graceful build. Her skin is ruddy. She has thick eyebrows. Her wardrobe is flattering, with a lot of black and brown furs.
Bio: Maybe later. Late.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 10:28:03 pm »

I'd play, but I've seen what happened to all of the Irony RTDs I've participated in. PTW for now, and if it lasts I'll waitlist.
Fair enough. :x

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 10:53:32 pm »

...? Because someone has to...

ok...

Fair enough. :x
((Ehh, the joy is in playing Irony's RTDs. Its mostly of a test-style, but enjoyable nonetheless.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 10:58:14 pm »

Reserved. writing my sheet thingy now.
Edit: oh, and what kind of races ae we allowed to pick?
Edit2: fine, taking Xanmyral's lead and just going generic fantasy.

Name: Elgrom
Race: Orc
Appearance: dark moss-coloured skin, stands about six foot, black hair with mustache/beard, long and uncut. Small dark eyes and large, jutting teeth.
Bio: Elgrom had been a hunter in his tribe until the beautiful daughter of the chief caught his eye. When he sought her hand, her rejection in favour of the champion of the tribe enraged Elgrom. One night he murdered her and her lover in their bed, before turning his axe on the chief as well. Captured by the rest of the tribe, Elgrom was exiled to the frozen wilderness to live or die as the spirits decided.
((There!))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 10:18:17 pm by Gamerlord »

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2013, 12:27:55 am »

Name: Aestus
Race: Giant [Gonna just give a guess as to what is available.]
Appearance: Stands roughly eleven feet tall with pale, taunt skin and stretched, cord-like muscles. His hands are roughly calloused from a hard life, as are his feet from long distances traveled. Eyes stare ahead, determined, slate grey in color. Brown, long hair in contrast to his pale skin, needing a bit of a trim but such is a luxury when fighting for survival.
Bio: Race born from the rock of the mountains at the beginning of the world, or as his people's legends say, Aestus has lived with his people for the majority of his life. Famine, disease, and the ever incessant cold has laid low many of his kin until now he was the only one left of his tribe. But he will rebuild, and his clan shall live again, or he shall die trying, this is Aestus' goal. Their spirits whisper in his ear, urging him forth to lay low this land, and to bring forth a new clan, one strong enough to survive the winter, the wolves, and to not just live but to thrive, to survive, to flourish.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 12:30:22 am by Xanmyral »

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2013, 01:33:37 am »

Available races are anything appropriate you can come up with. Ice elementals or vengeful ghosts probably wouldn't be appropriate for obvious reasons, but pretty much anything that doesn't break core mechanics like that would probably be fine.

Also, as a sidenote, some of my initial ponderings for this game included size differences, in case someone wanted to play a troll or kobold or whatever. That sort of got lost along the way, though.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2013, 01:52:03 am »

Reserve! I'll catch some sleep and then get to work!

superBlast

• Bay Watcher
  • The guy that loves nukes too much
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 02:55:50 am »

Reserve me a spot while I read up on everything and make something up for my character. What I read so far sounds fun lol.

Edit:
Name: Growlneer Greateye
Race: Wolfling (Human with wolf-like appearance.) ((More or less a werewolf without the were and only a little wolf lol.))
Appearance: Human-like with a wolf head and covered is very short light gray and white fur. Eyes of gold and huge scar across the chest that fur doesn't grow on.
Bio: None
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:17:38 am by superBlast »
"Come oooooon, a little insanity never hurt anyone.... Well except for that one guy, but never mind him." -superBlast

I gots a new livestream! Check it out here at http://www.twitch.tv/iamsuperblast

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 03:47:34 am »

Name: Clair Heaven
Race: kitsune
Appearance: Red haired woman with brown eyes. Fair skin, six long red tails trails behind her. Sender build.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 04:14:09 am »

Name: Theenya Faircloak
Race: Snow Hobbit
Appearance: A short (even for a hobbit) girl with slight, fair skin and a healthy glow. She has small, vivacious green eyes and short cropped silvery hair that is extended into small double bangs on her forehead and a triple ponytail that cover the back of her neck. She has a jagged fishook looking scar on her chin, extended down to her lower chest, that is very noticeable. She is often seen wearing a spotted snow fox pelt coat and carrying a bow on her back made from the springy leg of some chitinous beast, strung with a silvery cord of what looks like very fine hair. She sports extensive tattooing over her entire body, like the branches of a tree...most of it paired lines extending to her lifelines and chakras, but few symbols. Her face in particular is embellished with intricate arcs both above and below the eyes, extended down the sides of her neck.

Bio: Theenya's clan of cold dwelling Hobbits-the Furrowfeet-lived an existence not unlike they always have-moving up and down the coast on the longboats they used as homes, fishing and hunting seals, and generally staying out of the way of the larger folk. She was born into a relative time of plenty, where food was plentiful and the seas calm and merciful-as such, being only around 18, fairly healthy and not unused to being considered beautiful. she was traded to Clan Flurryspear as a bride-both diplomacy. and practicality. Though uneasy to being moved away so casually, Theenya went along with her elders wishes...unfortunately, a Hobbit in such a position has little freedom in their life-slavery is too harsh a word, but it is what their social status amounts to in all practicality.

Though, to the new clans surprise, they found Theenya to be a proficent hunter and tracker rather than merely a potential spouse. She demanded, and was given rights, to the ritual of the 'Great Hunt'-to seek and hopefully defeat one of the 'Seven Great Dangers' of Snow Hobbitkind-she chose the great and terrible Blizzard Drake-think small Dragon, but no less ferocious-quite capable of slaying an adult human. She know the retrieval of the Blue Pearl from the Drakes frozen belly would be proof enough...assuming she's not first introduced to said belly in a more personal way. Such things cannot be bought and are not easy to steal, with great value only to the Snow Hobbit people. This is a task for her and her alone-if she returns without a trophy, the hunt is considered a failure and can never be undertaken again.

If she should succeed, Theenya will no longer be a mere trophy herself, but a full fledged Flurryspear clan member-capable of choosing her own partner, engaging in trade, or even renouncing them and returning to her people if she so wishes. This is her only hope, she believes, of avoiding an arranged marriage to an unworthy mate-since, being silly and still something of a romantic, Theenya still has the fluttering belief in true love and destiny. Then again, she has not faced the storms full fury yet...     
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 12:16:17 am by Dwarmin »
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."
Pages: [1] 2 3 4