Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28

Author Topic: Banished, a Survival Village Builder: Now with legible title!  (Read 51688 times)

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
Re: Banished : 3d Village-builder with survival elements
« Reply #105 on: December 20, 2013, 04:06:58 am »

Oohhhh. I was following this on Facebook, but then I stopped using Facebook and lost track of it. Glad to see it's advancing so well.

I, for one, prefer games without combat, so it's nice to see this type of game where, for once, you don't have to worry about building and training a military. Not every game needs to have fighting in it.

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2013, 12:08:40 pm »

SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 26, 2013, 12:10:33 pm »

PTW.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: December 26, 2013, 12:14:27 pm »

And here I thought it had updated or even better released.

Maklak

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 27, 2013, 07:41:07 pm »

This game like it's going to take a few days of my life, although I wonder about the endgame. This looks like at some point either the resources will run out or the population gets so big that micromanagement becomes too tedious and it's best to start over. But then that wasn't a problem for sim city, transport Tycoon, Widelands... and DF for that matter.

The clouds obscure the view too much. With enough zoom out, everything turns white. I don't like that.

I wonder if there will be some way to build multi-story houses for several families. In rural setting that makes little sense, but the people do spend up a lot of their time walking, so packing things tighter might be reasonable.

I haven't noticed any horses, donkeys and carts. They could be useful for bulk transport and small amounts of meat and leather, I think. Dogs could help shepards and fend off wolves and cats could reduce rat and mice problem in food storage.

I'm surprised that gatherers get so much berries from forests, but no acorns. A single Oak can produce a lot of them and they're edible. Looking at the warehouses in the pictures, I think gathering and hunting, but especially fishing, are OP.

While iron and stone can run out IRL, that takes years of concentrated effort from thousands of people. I don't think it would realistically be that big of a danger for a few hundred people who do a little bit of everything.

A useful feature would be to have a prediction when something runs out with current population and production as well as if all production is stopped. In case of sustainability, a percent surplus would be useful instead. For some categories, like food, aggregate values would also be useful.
Quote from: Omnicega
Since you seem to criticize most things harsher than concentrated acid, I'll take that as a compliment.
On mining Organics
Military guide for FoE mod.
Research: Crossbow with axe and shield.
Dropbox referral

thepodger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 27, 2013, 11:10:53 pm »

That is some extraordinarily broad supposition based on the few static images of an alpha that have been released.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: January 07, 2014, 11:34:22 am »

Was a new vid out just before Christmas with gameplay and chat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YIxF3d8VGTg

Seems it's due to be released in Jan.
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: January 09, 2014, 11:47:58 am »

Release date has been announced! Febuary 18 2014!

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #113 on: January 09, 2014, 12:22:15 pm »

Almost exactly π times the original project estimate. I wonder if that's a constant...
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Intrinsic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: January 09, 2014, 01:32:01 pm »

Cool beans! Looking forward to seeing how this turns out, i'm too much of a chicken though to be an early buyer so will wait for others opinions :)
Start Duelyst with a bonus 100gold, use referral code: Buttfungus
Enter during signup or ingame under Settings.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 01, 2014, 09:00:00 am »

There are a few youtubers who have gotten their hands on some special copies direct from the creator and have been making videos on this...
Been makin my mouth drool...

I WANT IT NOW...

Anyway, links to the vids for those interested...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gAXcREfjbQ - Quill18
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gale3t75CRc - GamersDissent
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25UcWqWHC1Q - Biffa2001

There is surely some more, but these are the top on the search if you actually go do it...
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tobel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Tobel Plays Youtube
« Reply #116 on: February 01, 2014, 09:48:26 am »

I would pay extra to play this right now. I'm frothing a bit. It's quite unhealthy. But I suppose he has his set release dates and all that.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Banished : 3d Village-builder with survival elements RELEASES 2/18!
« Reply #117 on: February 02, 2014, 11:09:19 pm »

Watching Quill18s videos, I REALLY hope Luke cuts the productivity of the Gatherer by a fourth. At LEAST a fourth, if not more. A fourth would make it as productive as a single farm. It just seems absurd for one gatherer's hut to provide as much as 4 15x15 farms right from the get-go, considering that farms cost so much to get the different seed types you would need to provide the same amount of variety as the gatherers, and you only need 4 gatherers compared to the 16? or so farmers that those 4 farms would need.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Ozyton

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 02, 2014, 11:37:55 pm »

It also looks like he needs to make some kind of mini storage barn, like a storage shed. From the looks of it the tiny wagon you get at the beginning of the game is pretty much superior to the barn because it takes up so little space. Being able to have things moved between stockpiles would be nice too. (EDIT: Also, wouldn't you be able to cart the wagon around in case you don't like the starting area the game spawns you at? Then you could 'deploy' it to get access to its contents and be unable to move it again)

When I first saw the videos I was immediately reminded of Stronghold, with the barn and stockpile looking kinda like the saxon hall and stockpile. One feature that game had that this one could benefit from was the option to press/hold a button to flatten the terrain out and hide the tree tops so you could more easily see where you can build or where you placed down objects. Making it a bit more obvious where buildings have been planned or resources designated for collecting would be nice too.

Having something similar to Prison Architect's planning tool would be good too, basically just laying down imaginary roads, allowing you to plan future expansion. Having to destroy a dirt road before building on top of it is a bit silly though, it seems like a dirt road wouldn't block building placement, but a paved one would.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2014, 11:49:39 pm by OzyTheSage »

beefy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 03, 2014, 06:58:03 am »

Looks fun and is defenitely on top of my "must-have" list but I am wondering about endgame content a bit...
And children are "workers" with the age of 11?  :o
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 28