Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread! Year 1, Turn 2  (Read 2445 times)

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile

Here is the Provinces Map

Spoiler: PROVINCES INFO (click to show/hide)

Year 349, Last Day

The Emperor is sitting on his throne in the silence, in the brightly lit hall of his palace, with seven men kneeling and bending in front of him on straw mats. The eyes of the Emperor look at each of them, and then he raises his hand. One of the servants hits a big, brass gong with a mallet, and it produces a clear, loud sound. The men, in unison, stand up.

"You have fought well during the latest Nomadic invasion. And so did your fathers. But your fathers are dead, and their provinces are a mere shadow of what they were. You are now my Provincial Lords, my closest friends and enemies alike. I cannot enter the mind of any of you, and I won't ask about your future plans. But serve me well, serve the Empire, and you will live in splendor and wealth and prestige. Remember about the principles of Honour in your daily life, in battle, even in your death. Now, you can depart to your provinces."

---

Year 350, Turn 1

Nothing happens at the moment in the House of Toriyawa, House of Uzumo, House of Sotomura, House of Hirose, House of Takamitsu, House of Hagiwara, House of Tamuramaro.

House of Nobonaga:

Lord Nobonaga's elder daughter, Yoru, falls ill shortly after he returns. The illness doesn't seem to be anything serious, but due to the fevers, Yoru is confined to her bed for time being.

House of Rhee:

Few days after Lord Rhee's return, a diplomat arrives at the gates. He says that he is messenger of Eijun, mayor of the Hanzou city, and that he has a fine proposal to the mighty Lord Rhee.

((Remember to bold your actions.))
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:56:40 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2013, 06:23:23 am »

Actions in later post!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 03:39:34 am by borno »

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2013, 06:42:47 am »

Improve farming using 2 spare goods to cut it's time.

Send messengers out across my own and the neighboring provinces calling for a skilled healer for my daughter and skilled bodyguards.

Have HanaBira send messages to the lords Uzumo Takeichi and Sotomura Shoji inviting them to join us for a meal and to discuss our future prospects and how we could assist each other.
Include that I have 3 children all currently not married.

Send Buredo to talk with Hirose Eichiro

Send messages out through more discreet means to announce that I'm looking for ShadowWalkers and NightBlades, especially female and invite them to meet with me at my home.

« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 07:53:32 am by Brood »

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 06:53:41 am »

Build ships.
Ask after a swordship tutor for my son.
Send messages to Lord Hagiwara Naohiro proposing a meeting to discuss trade opportunities. Mention how I have a lot of surplus gold, while he has surplus food...
Send another message to the Emperor, promising my eternal loyalty.

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2013, 07:15:45 am »

Converse with Buredo.
Search for an etiquette teacher for my children.
Also get to work on Improving my Province's Resource production.
"Lord Eichiro! I am glad that House Hirose has a leader again. What are your first orders?"
"For now... We shall build. We shall make the Province of Junko the best Province in the whole land. All shall hail me as their king, lest they be crushed by my might. Yes, I may be young, but that will not stop me. Soon we will have the world in our palm, but for now we must start slow, and build up our land."
"... Yes, my lord. As you wish, my lord."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:01:45 am by borno »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2013, 07:43:08 am »

Begin (and conclude, presumably, since I have a surplus of 5 Goods) improving farming for my province.

Send out messengers throughout the province, looking for young (in the 3-6 age range) male orphans of unusual intelligence, making sure to receive dossiers of any that are found.

Also, begin surreptitious search for Shadowalkers and Nightblades, making sure I receive notification of any good candidates.

Finally, send correspondence as detailed in PM.

PS: Hear the diplomat out. What would this proposition be? Also, try to remember where Hanzou city is.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 04:05:01 pm by Harry Baldman »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2013, 09:47:52 am »

Non-turn actions:

House of Rhee:

One of the court servants quickly brings you a map; Hanzou is one of prosperous cities in the very Iji province, not that far from border of Hizao province.

The diplomat is let in. After getting to Rhee, he bows deeply, as it is normal in such occassions.

"Oh, Great Lord Rhee, whose kindness and justice has no match in the Empire, except Emperor's, I bring a proposal from my master, Mayor Eijun. He is humbly offering you the hand of his daughter, Sachi. She is a lady of mere seventeen springs, with quite a skill in poetry, and the way she handles the blade is object of jealousy of many men around her. If you would like, oh great Lord Rhee, to meet with her, my master, Eijun, is ready to send her to your splendid manor in two months." ((next turn.))
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 09:50:37 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 21, 2013, 11:09:20 am »

Uk Dong Rhee briefly confers with his aide, Hyun Moon (or rather Moon Hyun, as per the local tradition).

"Hyun, what do you think of this proposition?"

"I am... unsure, my liege. She seems to be a fairly good choice, though it remains to be seen how... generous that description was."

The young lord scratches his head, then turns to the messenger.

"Very well, you may tell Eijun that he may send his daughter here. We shall interview her to gauge her character, then see about granting her a worthy position, if possible. Go now."

Once the diplomat leaves, the lord speaks with his aide once more.

"I am quite pessimistic about her chances, all in all."

"That's what you always say, my liege."

"But it's true! You cannot trust women. Beautiful words mask deadly intentions, after all."

"Oh dear, not this again."

"No matter what you say, Hyun, I will never let a woman get close enough to embrace me. Say what you will, but I will not allow it."

"Perhaps you won't need to embrace her."

"What would the point of having a wife be, then, I... wait, there's an idea."

Approve the sending of the maiden.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 21, 2013, 11:17:48 am »

Non-turn actions:

House of Rhee:

The diplomat leaves when ordered, his head low and many words of thanks escaping his mouth all the time.
SigFlags!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 21, 2013, 03:39:00 pm »

Naohiro looked on his province. It was average...average farmland, 5,700 citizens or so at the last census, no natural resources of note aside from a quarry near the emperor's lands...such a shame. But, his father, and his, and his, all the way back to the dawn of time or House Hagiwara, had ruled it, and so Naohiro would as well. But they would no longer be merely average, oh no. Naohiro would bring his house to greatness if it took his whole life...

First things first. For House Hagiwara to become exceptional, an exceptional head didn't cut it--it needed an exceptional base. As noted, Bu is a bit of a joke, an Everyprovince except that its northern coast is a place to stop over on the way to Chuzonan ports (a fact which Lord Uzumo liked to remind Naohiro of). As of now, it has no notable attributes, save perhaps its access to the Bay of Genibu. This would need to change.
Firstly, they would need to prospect for new resources or create some themselves...but this would take time and effort.
Secondly, given the proximity of Bu to Anzu, a close relationship with the Emperor is even more desired than usual. Such a relationship, sadly neglected by Naohiro's father. Neglected no more.
As things both good and bad come in threes, a relationship as important as that between Lord and Emperor must be cultivated: That between Lord and subject. Again, Naohiro's father had neglected this somewhat. Naohiro himself would not.

Improve Bu's resources.
Give gifts to the Emperor with my gold surplus.
Spend some time personally listening to my people's troubles and trying to help solve them.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2013, 06:21:42 pm »

Tamuramaro sends messagers to let it be known throughout the land that he seeks skilled and ambitious commanders to serve him.

Send a diplomat to establish relations with whatever Barbarians live in the Unconquered Peaks.

Sell 2 food for 1 goods.

Improve Resources in Geninju, spend the 4 surplus goods on lowering construction time.

Invade Chuzo Province and Uzumo Takeichi without declaring war. I lead my own cavalry.
Love, scriver~

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2013, 06:49:08 pm »

Let it be known that I seek a skilled Shadowalker for my employ.

Attempt to improve my province's resource rating.

Have Tsume Rena instruct my two eldest children.

Send respectful messengers to inquire as to the conditions of Iji and Furushi provinces and their Lords.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2013, 05:56:17 am »

Year 1, Turn 2:

House Toriyawa:

Letters and gifts were brought to the Emperor, who quickly responded with letters.

House of Hagiwara:

Imperial messenger brought a short message, in which Emperor appreciates the gifts of gold and jewelry, even if they weren't required.

Lord Hagiwara spent some time listening to the complaints and troubles of his peasants, adn they complained o the same as always - that everything isn't as good as it should be. There were no reports of rebels or bandits, though.

Some time later, a messenger from House of Takamitsu brought a letter, for the Lord's eyes only. ((forwarded via PM))

House of Uzumo:

A lovely morning and poetry and music in the House of Uzumo was interrupted by a wheezing and coughing messenger barging into the main room, falling onto his knees. The maidens were startled, but Lord Uzumo just glared at the young man, before the messenger spoke:

"My Lord Uzumo! Army of Lord Tamuramaro Ohita entered your province without warning!"

"What a pitiful scoundrel... It seems that not all men in this country are suited for their divne work. Inform our bowmen unit that we're marching out."

Few days later, the two armies met in a small grassland, with rice farms a bit to the north. A man on a horse left Uzumo's troop and rode to the Tamuramaro army with a message, and then he returned to his master.

The message said:

"I hope that after today your body will end in a river; so the disgrace you brought to the Empire will be washed to the sea along with you!"

((Tamuramaro and Uzumo have same Tactics; coin-flip determined that Uzumo starts!))

BATTLE TURN 1:

Uzumo Bowmen will attack Tamuramaro Cavalry.

4+2+1-1 = 6
3+2+1 = 6

The skirmish went without a result.

Battle Turn 2! Lord Tamuramaro's action.

House of Nobonaga:

The messenger sent to House of Uzumo returned earlier than expected - he found out that Lord Uzumo was away and thus he couldn't pass the message.

No shadowalkers nor nightblades visited Nobonaga's house; but a young man, in his early twenties, arrived. He was wearing a simple robe and sandals, and announced himself as a healer responding for the offer of seat at the Nobonaga's court.

Yoru conquered the illness that attacked her body and again could walk happily in the halls of the House.

Then, few days later, terrible news reached House Nobonaga; Buredo's entourage was attacked by group of bandits - it has been confirmed that no one have survived that attack. ((congratz, you're first person to roll a 1 in the game :P))

House of Takamitsu:

One evening, when Lord Takamitsu returned from meditation in his garden, he found a young man conversing with his retainers. When Lord moved closer, retainers bowed and moved away, whilst the young man gave a curt bow before looking at Lord Takamitsu.

"I am Ui Kansuke, and I am swordmanship teacher, like my father, and my grandfather were in their lives. I heard that you seek someone to teach your children the way of blade."

House of Sotomura:

Lord Sotomura enjoyed his long walks, and after one such walk, he got a letter from Lord Rhee. After reading it, and pondering it for a moment, Lord Rhee called for paper and ink, and less than one hour later a messenger was departing his estate.

House of Tamuramaro:

The house is empty, bar few servants keeping it clean. A young man in spearman's armor was dissappointed when he heard that Lord Tamuramaro have left - the officer shrugged and went down the road.

House of Kita:

The days passed lazily, the two children of Lord Kita were as if glued to Tsume Rena, following the old teacher lady, trying to walk straight and at appropriate pace. Of course it wasn't that easy.

The messengers were back in few weeks; Lords of both Iji and Furushi provinces are dedicated to rebuilding their provinces after the war with nomads.

One time, at night, when Lord Naohiro entered his bedroom, there was a silhouette of some sort, blocking the window and the moon shining highly on the sky. Seeing that Lord Kita is startled, the person raised it's left hand.

"Please, be at peace, Lord Kita." A low, masculine voice spoke from the shadows. "I'm merely presenting my skills as... a candidate to your Court. Isn't it that you seek one?"

House of Rhee:

The search for orphans was a tiring one; there was a pile of dossiers of young orphans not even partially matching the requirements. There was only one dossier worthy of note; some official from the small city of Yuzo wrote about an orphan living near his estate, and said boy is able to write, read, recalls several myths, and plays chess almost as good as adults.

There were no reports of Shadowalker or Nightblades at this time.

One day after that, there was a commotion at the gates; small group of wealthy-looking people arrived on thorses, amongst them, a young girl with large eyes, long black hair. The group met with Lord Rhee and rather round, fat man fell to his knees.
"Oh, great Lord Rhee, what an honour for such lowly man like me that you have shown interest in my beloved daughter!" What followed was a presentation; she indeed knew poetry and music quite well, and just like the diplomat promised, Michiko was exceptional with slicing the air with a katana, even if she was nervous all the time. If only she was a man, she could try her skills as a bodyguard, or something of that kind.
"My Lord, if you wish, my daughter could stay with you some time, if you need time to consider my offer."

House of Hirose:

Besides arrival of Buredo and his departure while merchants and caravans started to run between the two provinces, life in the House of Hirose was currently uneventful and peaceful one.

Then, one day, a young man dressed in fine, red silk arrived at the estate and asked to see Lord Hirose, claiming to be an etiquette teacher who heard of the offer.

---

PLAYER LIST: 7/7

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: scriver (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Brood (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Gamerlord (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: Harry Baldman (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: IronyOwl (click to show/hide)
---
Spoiler: borno (click to show/hide)
---
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 05:58:46 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread! Year 1, Turn 2
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2013, 06:21:46 am »

Battle turn two: Tamuramaro Cavalry will attack Uzumo Bowmen.
Love, scriver~

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
Re: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread! Year 1, Turn 2
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2013, 06:26:11 am »

In-turn actions:

House Tamuramaro:

Results:

2+2+1 = 5
5+2+1-1 = 7

Tamuramaro Cavalry has been destroyed!

A group of armed men storm into Lord Tamuramaro's tent, killing few retains, and the nLord Uzumo steps from between his soldiers, eyeing Lord Tamuramaro.

"Tamuramaro, go back to your Province and live in shame, you mad dog! That's if the Emperor won't remove you from the seat of your power. Be grateful I won't behead you for this treacherous attack."
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:30:28 am by Haspen »
SigFlags!
Pages: [1] 2 3