Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread! Year 1, Turn 2  (Read 2441 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Far Eastern Provincial Lords Simple-RTD! IC/Game Thread! Year 1, Turn 2
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2013, 06:42:14 am »

"Yes, I do believe we may keep her in the palace for a while in order to consider the offer."

Accept the maiden in the castle. Once her entourage leaves, speak to her:

"Now, I am sad to say that I am quite unlikely to marry you. It's not you, it's me, and I need you to know that you are not at fault here."

"But I can offer you a position in my court, dear maiden. A lifestyle leagues better than anything you have experienced so far, I believe. But I must gauge your abilities in other spheres as well, first, to see what you are best at."

While she lives here, interview her and test her knowledge and aptitude for tactics. Inquire as to her general state of health as well, how often she falls ill and so forth.

Keep looking for more Shadowalkers and Nightblades.

Also, have the orphan brought to my court and interview him together with my diplomat, with no other people present. Get a general idea of what he's like.

Oh, and keep on improvin' and hoping I receive a reply to my letters soon.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 06:45:32 am by Harry Baldman »

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2013, 06:52:13 am »

In-turn actions:

House of Rhee:

The maiden looks sullen, but stays in the court. The maidens and servants test her in various ways, under guidance of Rhee's diplomat. They quickly determine that Michiko excels in diplomacy, lore and swordmanship, her knowledge of honour and health are rather mediocre, and she shows problems in tactical planning; even chess games with amateurs in the court give her problems.

After that, the orphan is brought to Rhee's estate. He is shy and nervous most of the time, but he is able to red and write poetry, and he indeed plays chees rather well. Besides looking quite healthy, he doesn't excel in anything else.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2013, 06:58:30 am »

Continue searching for NightBlades, ShadowWalkers and Bodyguard, preferably female.

Send the messenger back to wait for Lord Uzumo.

Convert 4 food into 2 trade goods and use them to boost my improvement

Train a unit of Nobonaga Archers.

Have some sick from amongst my people brought to the court and have my potential healer show his skills on them, accept him if he proves his worth.

Send a messenger to the Emperor to invite him and his family to my sons funeral and a feast afterwards in his memory, bury him once the Emperor or his representative arrives if one is coming.

Take both my Spearmen and my archers and hunt down any bandits or similar within my lands and execute them.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2013, 07:18:03 am by Brood »

borno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2013, 07:07:16 am »

Send discreet messages indicating that I am in need of a spy.
Take the time to visit my all my men directly, and train with them, litsen to their complaints, etc...
Continue working on upgrading my house.
Send my wife out to speak to house Daikon and Chuzo and consider the possibilities of an alliance.
Accept the teacher into my court, get my children to work learning both etiquette and swordfighting.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2013, 08:56:13 am »

"He is certainly a promising individual, this orphan. I will accept him."

"Child of uncertain parentage, I accept you into my court, and pronounce your new name to be Haneul Joon Rhee. Let it be so!"

Adopt orphan and give him a new name, Haneul Joon Rhee. Begin grooming him as a potential successor. Also, on that note, how old is he, exactly?

After accepting the orphan, Uk Dong still had one matter that needed taking care of.

"Ah, Michiko. I have news for you. You see, in order to keep up appearances, I have decided that we should actually marry."

Well, to tell the truth, that was more Hyun Moon's plan, but she did not really require to know that.

"However, though you shall be treated as well as a Lord's wife, you will still functionally be a court member and generally follow my orders. Is this more agreeable?"

Ask her this.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2013, 11:54:44 am »

Keishi gave an appreciative laugh after a moment.

"Why yes," he answered with a bit of mirth. "I was hoping to avoid a less pleasant version of this very incident, actually."
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 02:53:37 pm »

In-turn actions:

House of Kita:

"My apologies." He spoke curtly, his voice quiet and serious. "I hope it was enough of a show?"

House of Rhee:

The diplomat coughs a bit and looks over the papers.

"The official has written here that the boy was around his estate for at least three years. Personally, I would add at least another three, unless my eeyesight is poor."

The boy kneeled down and bowed, not uttering a single word, his throat possibly choking on emotions.

Haneul Joon Rhee joins the Rhee Family!

Then, Michiko was called in as the orphan went with one of the servant to take a bath and find new clothes, more suited for his position.

"I hear you, Lord Rhee. So I am to listen and behave as a wife, but you have no love for me?" With those words, she moved toward him and fell to his knees, placing her hands on his shoulders; her eyes were locked into his.

"I will accept, my Lord, but, is there not even a smallest sparkle of your love... of your emotion for me? They say that even with a slight of attention, a caged bird can live for years... I just don't want to feel alone in this splendid manor of yours..."

House of Hirose:

The man bowed softly and started with the children immediately along with the kenjutsu trainer.

Konae Noritada, Etiquette Teacher joins the court!

"You're again misbehaving, my dear! I'm not going anywhere until you ask me nicely." Lady Hirose grumbled and then went to one of her bedrooms, sliding the door behind her.

House of Nobonaga:

Sick people from the closest village were brought to the court. The healer healed everyone except three elderly peasants who had afflictions which even Emperor's healers couldn't heal, as there was no real cure for those. The retainers accepted him into the court, per Lord Nobonaga's orders.

Satoya Botan, Healer joins the court!

"Err, my wise Lord Nobonaga," started one of the retainers, "We can't sell all that food; not only your faithful warriors would starve, but the peasantry as well. And we can't train peasants into spearmen when said peasants are digging new irrigation channels and flattening ground for additional rice paddies..."

Next few days were spent on searching for bandits; but the criminal scum either ran faster than the army marched, or already hid into safety of other provinces.
SigFlags!
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2013, 03:12:59 pm »

Lord Rhee's eyes widened with sheer terror as Michiko gripped his shoulders, his body shivering wildly at the touch of a woman.

"You... you... you..."

At this point, Hyun Moon intervened, seeing things aren't going too well.

"My dear, you should not touch Lord Rhee like that. It makes my liege most upset to be touched like that. Please, let go."

As she was carefully moved slightly farther from the rather eccentric provincial lord, the diplomat took a moment to explain while the lord regained his composure and breathed shallowly, his hands clutching at any nearby support.

"As you may have noticed, my liege is... peculiar about women, not to say any more. It was only with the greatest difficulty that I convinced him to agree to a marriage, since it would have been unbecoming to simply accept you as a court member - people, being people, would have suspicions, however unfounded."

He leaned in closer to Michiko, delivering the last of his words in a whisper.

"You may speak with him and, I dare say, endear yourself to him, become his friend. This I encourage. But you should not expect him to be a husband to you any time soon. With time, who can say."

The diplomat shot a glance toward his lord, who seemed to be recovering nicely after taking a deep breath.

"Now, do we have an agreement?"

Yeah, all that.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2013, 03:16:47 pm »

In-turn action:

House of Rhee:

Michiko listened carefully and looked at Lord Rhee, blushing from embarassement, and then she cast her eyes down at the mat, hoping to avoid further unnecessary problems.

"...I agree to all this."
SigFlags!

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2013, 03:33:25 pm »

"No worries, dear. You didn't know. Very few do, actually. Which just goes to show how much trust we've put in you. Now, put on a smile. You are about to join the nobility, after all."

The diplomat looks at his liege, who, if one had not seen the display he just put on, no one would have suspected of a single oddity in the whole wide world, such a tranquil look had crossed his face.

"So you have agreed. Good. I will ensure that you are well provided for in my court, have no fear. My one rule is that you do not do what you just did or anything similar. We may discuss things, go for walks, attend any distraction you deem necessary or enjoyable (and, gods willing, I will do my very best to enjoy them as well), but you are never to touch me."

"We already spoke of this, my liege."

"Very well. So it shall be! Oh, and, needless to say, you are not to tell anyone of our arrangement, Michiko. And I do mean anyone."

Begin engagement, make preparations for wedding.

Brood

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2013, 04:34:25 pm »

Continue my search for any retainers, bodyguards, NightBlades and ShadowWalkers take priority preferably female.

Await the Emperor, his family or his representative then bury my son.

Continue my archers training.

Await responses from the two messengers sent to my neighbours.

(( I'm guessing this was a mini update and so these actions are not complete yet? ))

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2013, 04:49:41 pm »

"Certainly! I appreciate a demonstration of your skills up front, and of course, it's only natural for, ah... fish to swim and birds to fly, as it were. I would be honored to accept you into my court."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2013, 05:14:59 pm »

((Passing of a turn is announced by proper provincial summaries and such.))

In-turn actions:

House of Kita:

The silhouette stepped out from the shadow, at least to show his young, square face. He bowed and placed a hand on his heart.

"My name is Terauchi Mitsuharu, and I swear to serve you well, Lord Kita. As long as you don't forget to pay your humble servant."

Terauchi Mitsuharu joins the court!

House of Rhee:

"Should we, however, invite other Lords, or maybe Emperor himself for the wedding?"

House of Nobonaga:

"Sir, I highly doubt that Emperor will manage to arrive before... your son's body will get damaged by the cruel time. Of course, I will send a letter nonetheless."
SigFlags!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2013, 05:50:50 pm »

((Can we also see updated info for our provinces in the turns?)

So far, Naohiro's work has been fairly good. While the search for better resources hadn't paid off yet, sales of granite blocks and statues had funded some rather nice gifts to the emperor. No major problems seemed to be affecting the province, always a good sign. Certainly, much worse was feared. There was, however, one issue: A cruel lord had dishonorably invaded a neighbor of Bu's, possibly endangering Hagiwaran territory...something must be done.

Continue last turn's actions.
Raise a unit of bowmen. Wonder why improvement and armies are mutually exclusive.
PM trade.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2013, 09:15:43 am by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2013, 06:24:09 pm »

Rena should continue training my two eldest children.

Continue improving Hizao Province's Resource rating.

Send a letter.
Pages: 1 [2] 3