Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 238482 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.3 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #255 on: January 15, 2014, 02:03:00 am »

Oh thank, never though of it  :D.
By the way, as you talk about cave adapt benefit and underground start point and such, I assume that you want succubus to be underground focus race. So in my geme I quickly break in to the first cave , move everything in there and start my first underkingdom (when I play dwarf I wall off any cave I find).
But I feel like being purnished for doing so, as all the summon require above ground ingredients ( honey, strawberry and such)  :-\

Yes I originally planned this and it will still go for deep succubi to make those an underground civ. Regular not-that-evil succubi will remain in between, with citizen that does not mind being outdoor and surface crops brought by caravans. I need to change summon requirements, so you can at least access the nahash/hellhound/tentacle trio no matter what. Others will keep their theme so they result from the industries you decided to build.

There will be more summons in the next release and some may only be available on the appropriate places. But I have to make sure that your have a decent choice anytime.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.4 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #256 on: January 17, 2014, 04:13:30 pm »

Update 5.4

Warning !
You must update to dfhack r4. I added it to the premade builds except the mac one. I needed to migrate the summon script so creatures can use fireball and breaths again.
Make sure you also update the hack/script folder with the new provided scripts.

Otherwise there is nothing world breaking. It seems that updating dfhack caused my save to crash as soon as I unpause. Not a dignified end for my fort that spanked so many marksdwarves. Make a backup before attempting to update, or simply wait for your fort to crumble.

With this update I finished the sprite set for the royalist succubi. I added a lot of adventurer mode stuff, including positions in other civs that they have a decent chance to receive considering the wars they get in during world gen. Now I can start the sprites for the deep succubi.

Also there is an attempt to allow the succubi to be naked. Bad thoughts will be erased once a week. If that's not enough I will use more aggressive settings but I am afraid that it would hurt the fps.

I also gave access to the ore processor in MW. This is temporary until I create something that belong to the theme.

That said, if someone managed to compile dfhack for mac, I am interested. My attempts hit a brick wall because of LibXSLT despite the instructions on github.

Here's the changelog :
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Downloads
Windows build
Linux build
Masterwork patch
standalone version
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 03:35:28 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 5.5 - strange bedfellows
« Reply #257 on: January 22, 2014, 02:07:33 am »

Update 5.5

That is a minor update, I fixed the warlord and overlord sprites being inverted and added sprites for adventurers, plus a couple of script and raw fixes.

I noticed that the succubi builds a lot of forts near the human settlements, and so you can go and recruit your squad there. Reporting success to the lady enable you to get more quests from soldiers and so you can somewhat play for your side as an adventurer already. I cannot wait for the next version to see how a dark fortress will look like.

That said, this should finish this version. Next step will involve magic, temples, and berserk invaders exploding in a geyser of dragonfire.

Changelog :

Downloads
Windows build
Linux build
Masterwork patch
standalone version

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #258 on: January 22, 2014, 09:09:50 am »

Seems like I am not the only one who likes Roses scripts. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 22, 2014, 11:12:37 am »

Seems like I am not the only one who likes Roses scripts. :)

Hehe, in fact those scripts are exactly what I planned to make for the next version.
That will be more time to spend on other spells. :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 24, 2014, 03:14:03 am »

Some progress report : I cleaned up obsolete items from the old summoning system and made the soul wisps a civilian creature that will raise the learning ability of workers. I removed their genders too so you will not get wisplosions anymore.

I am also aiming for a new mechanic with powers. Instead of hunting for specific items like you do when summoning, the effect will depend on a few parameters. For example,if  a succubus receive a strength buff depending of her happiness. It will range from nothing while unhappy to ripping monsters apart while ecstatic.

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: January 24, 2014, 03:29:33 am »

Are you (or Meph) planning to add this mod to Masterwork? I'd really like to have such a humungous amount of civs to play as.
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 24, 2014, 03:37:27 am »

Are you (or Meph) planning to add this mod to Masterwork? I'd really like to have such a humungous amount of civs to play as.

Yes, there is already a patch that you can drop into MW in the first post. It does not interact with all the features but you'll get the 2 civs without breaking.

Nico2167

• Bay Watcher
  • I HATE Bogeymen
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: January 24, 2014, 04:05:23 am »

Yes, there is already a patch that you can drop into MW in the first post. It does not interact with all the features but you'll get the 2 civs without breaking.

Well, thank you very much. Although was i meant was for the succubi to be officially added to MW (without the need of a patch) while still having the option to download the normal succubus fortress
Beware that looking into cross breed babies tend to be hella glitchy and crash the game if you save and reload the game as DF doesn't know how to reproduce what ever the god living hell you made.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: January 24, 2014, 05:13:18 am »

Well, thank you very much. Although was i meant was for the succubi to be officially added to MW (without the need of a patch) while still having the option to download the normal succubus fortress

After I am done with the powers and new workshop I will work on integrating MW properly with all the fun that comes with it.

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: January 24, 2014, 09:40:20 am »

Hi there.
\raw\graphics\graphics_boltgun_fooccubus_deep.txt
has
[PAGE_DIM:12:17]
instead of  12:21
Quote from: Creamcorn
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=103080.0 Fix sober vampires!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 24, 2014, 09:59:13 am »

Hi there.
\raw\graphics\graphics_boltgun_fooccubus_deep.txt
has
[PAGE_DIM:12:17]
instead of  12:21

Ouch! I'm reuploading the mod.

Edit : Done, the deep succubus sprite set should have the right size now.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2014, 11:18:19 am by Boltgun »

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 25, 2014, 07:36:57 am »

Couldn't get goblins convert.
They've became listed as tame citizens but succubi shot them down. No loyality cascade. They've been sitting in built cages.
Edit: neither chained, nor stocpiled goblin thieves become full and valid citizens, their preferences can be viewed but no labour assignments can be done. Also, they seem to require coffins after death.
Evenmoreedit: Nah, undeep succubi thiefs can't be corrupted either. Nor do standard goblins from ambushes.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 01:04:51 pm by Di »
Dwarf Fortress: Where you meet the limit of your imagination, moral compass, sanity and CPU processor.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=91442.0 Dwarven Cognitive Science

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: January 26, 2014, 03:35:23 am »

Couldn't get goblins convert.
They've became listed as tame citizens but succubi shot them down. No loyality cascade. They've been sitting in built cages.
Edit: neither chained, nor stocpiled goblin thieves become full and valid citizens, their preferences can be viewed but no labour assignments can be done. Also, they seem to require coffins after death.
Evenmoreedit: Nah, undeep succubi thiefs can't be corrupted either. Nor do standard goblins from ambushes.

That's strange, I'll make a test field and try this again. Any errors in dfhack when you tried ?

Di

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 26, 2014, 08:57:20 am »

Uhm, doesn't seem, so.
Nothing in hack window.
gamelog, errorlog, stderr and stdout.txt semm normal.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 03:14:39 am by Di »
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 42