Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42

Author Topic: [50.xx] Succubus Dungeon 19.0 - Dens and Altars  (Read 238398 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.1 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #150 on: August 12, 2013, 02:20:31 am »

Yes, you can use line of sight, Kurik Amudnil did it with his hire-guard, which is a modified makeown anyway.

I thought about a 1 tile workshop that can run this on these buggy "friendly" merchants that sometimes appear with your migrants. Have a dwarf run there and convince them to stay, but I cant figure out a way to make only those targetable, and not the real merchants as well...

This works, I made the first script that untame soul wisps near a creature. Using autosyndrome to run it with worker's id as an argument, this will do the job:
https://gist.github.com/Devduweb/6206382

This will not be foolproof as if the summoning is interupted you will end up with untame wisps, and those will always transform into untame creatures, but wisps can be trained back. The chances that a summoner dies right as the wrong time is really low, you have to do that on purpose.

Now I have the most important part of the next update.

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: August 18, 2013, 09:41:10 am »

How long till the new update? :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: August 18, 2013, 10:56:34 am »

Give it a week or two. I have to enter new jobs and castes and test everything.

I am putting what I wrote so far together so I can release a minor update while you wait.  ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [CIV] Succubus civ 4.2 - Milith fhtagn!
« Reply #153 on: August 19, 2013, 01:11:17 am »

Update 4.2

You can update your saves by dropping the raws in your data/save/<save folder>/raw folder.
More info about updating your saves or generating a new world here.

There is now a hack folder in the archive containing both Kurik Amudnil's fov plugin (from the hire guard mod) and the new scripts that will run when you summon a creature. Like the other parts of the mod, it is installed by dropping the folder in your df folder and accepting fusions. This will not overwrite other scripts you have installed in dfhack.

Changelog :
+ Summoning changes
Training summoned monsters require a little more organization now. Several monsters are no longer tame when summoned and must be first caged in a training area and tamed.
However untamed summoned creatures are still friendly pets and remain safe to keep in the fort. They can be assigned to a cage or a pasture.
Taming a monster will be useful if you wish to use it as a pet or a hunting/war animal.

The creatures that need to be tamed are :
- Tentacle monsters
- Nightmares
- Hellhound
- Basilisks
- Fire imp

As a compensation, the animal training skill rate has been increased by 300% for the succubi and 200% for the deep succubi.

Natural skills are now provided to the summoned creatures. This change will be retroactively applied to your creatures upon loading your save.

+ Others
- Sprite update : Added drunk, merchant, warlord, champion, witch/alchemist, zombie basilisk
- Summoning rituals no longer affect wisps through walls and floors.

Download

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: August 19, 2013, 07:16:04 am »

"give it a week or two"
Week or two my ass. That was one day ;D
There's more than enough content currently to consider this a new release

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: August 19, 2013, 05:09:48 pm »

He's mentioned he'll consider this to be v5.0 when proper Enthralling and enslavement are added. Devlog on OP, oh boy!
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: August 20, 2013, 02:22:42 am »

Haha yes, that one is an appetizer.

I consider any update that does not require a new world as a minor one. Scripts have this advantage of not requiring a game reset.

5.0 will have 2 summons, 2 workshops with their reactions and 3 castes for the deep succubi. The last feature I need to search for is a way to make sentient creatures useful to your fort.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: August 29, 2013, 01:37:49 am »

Here's a progress report :

I now have a building that allow you to call for sieges. This will be exclusive to the deep succubi as they get no migrants after the initial two waves so a degree of control on the sieges will be useful.
The siege you upon provocation will be random, it is weighted towards humans and elves but with luck you can get a dwarf or kobold siege.

I added the castes for the deep succubi to transform their prisoners to, I have trouble with body parts not overwriting but otherwise transformed prisoners will have strengths and weaknesses you can exploit.

Next step is to add the actual transformations.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 11, 2013, 01:06:30 am »

Progress report :

I just went through a brick wall, now invaders can be transformed, pacified and will join your fort. Yay !

I still have issues, one about bodies that will not prevent a release (because it is minor and won't require a worldgen to fix) and another is about cages. Basically, you will cage invaders before performing stuff on them but I cannot run scripts in this state unless I manage to play with case coordinates. That should not be difficult... if dfhack is supportive with this matter.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #159 on: September 11, 2013, 05:22:40 am »

I just went through a brick wall, now invaders can be transformed, pacified and will join your fort. Yay !

Well done :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 11, 2013, 07:24:59 am »

Waiting waiting waiting :)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #161 on: September 11, 2013, 10:26:29 am »

The main question is: Are they doing labor? Can they be assigned in the military? ;)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2013, 11:16:10 am »

The main question is: Are they doing labor? Can they be assigned in the military? ;)

Yes, because they have been transformed into your fort's race. I have yet to test it on non transformed units, aka a true multi race population.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2013, 01:24:13 pm »

Ah, that explains a lot. I have a script with which I can make goblin or kobold civ-members (spawnunit from warmist), but they dont do labor, besides fishing. I almost hoped that together with your script I could do some abductions/foreign migrants... but seems that DF is quite adamant about that particular part. No non-dwarf laborers in a dwarf-civ. -.-  I cant even make a dwarven caste that is called "goblin" and looks like one, because display_tile and flash_tile doesnt work correctly on civ members.

But if you broke that hurdle, does it mean that a new Succubus-Fortress update is coming along? :)

Godlysockpuppet

• Bay Watcher
  • [Insert wit here]
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2013, 04:05:12 pm »

Ah, that explains a lot. I have a script with which I can make goblin or kobold civ-members (spawnunit from warmist), but they dont do labor, besides fishing. I almost hoped that together with your script I could do some abductions/foreign migrants... but seems that DF is quite adamant about that particular part. No non-dwarf laborers in a dwarf-civ. -.-  I cant even make a dwarven caste that is called "goblin" and looks like one, because display_tile and flash_tile doesnt work correctly on civ members.

But if you broke that hurdle, does it mean that a new Succubus-Fortress update is coming along? :)
Couldnt you get around that by using an unused skill a proffesion graphic, and then making that caste legendary 15+ in it? I.e a dwarg with legendary +5 misc item user has a goblin graphic, and is a goblin (dwarf caste..?)
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 42