Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27926 times)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #450 on: May 25, 2013, 01:40:36 pm »

Can I get a final plan please?

Also, gman, you still alive? How's the info gathering going?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #451 on: May 25, 2013, 06:11:19 pm »

Thanks for the info gman. OP updated. Check the bottom for our new Lore section.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: May 25, 2013, 06:45:22 pm »

Sorry again that it took so long to get that together.  Just been rather strained lately.  The 'World' section was a little skimpy but I think I found a lot of the information you gave us for everything else.  If you want, I could try and add a little more or edit it later but with life constantly inhibiting my grand plans it might take a while again. ::)

(I meant to add in a bit about the two moonstone maces and their connection to Patrichlan temples and treasure but never got to it)

Regarding our plan, I suppose RP's idea sounds good.  Knights and heavy infantry center with light infantry on the sides ready to flank and chase down potentially routing enemies.  Make sure the units with larger shields go at the front, preferably with lancers standing by them in case of an enemy charge.  March forward slowly, there's no rush for us.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #453 on: May 25, 2013, 08:11:10 pm »

Right now I'm inclined to say form up, heavy infantry & knights in center, lighter guys on the sides. Split 40 men & our archers off to flank them.
Advance slowly so as not to be winded.

Okay. So basically I will go with this. Consequently it was one of the first posts after the last action, and reading through again.. Not much really changed.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #454 on: May 25, 2013, 09:07:20 pm »

You signal the other companies and the officers shout their orders. The troops slowly shift into formation, then begin marching forward, slightly out of time. The barbarians continue to hold their ground, hollering obscenities and lobbing the occasional missile. A javelin soars through the air and slams into a swordsman in one of the middle ranks, punching through his heavy iron breastplate and nailing him to the ground. He moans once and then goes still, and the nearby troops walk around him, visibly shakened by the sight. Several more men fall to flying axes and spears, though your own company only has one casualty (the swordsman). The missiles quit as your forces grow close, and you can see the barbarians line rippling as their blood boils and they restlessly move about, clearly itching to charge, but whats holding them back?

You call for a halt and you hear the command echoed throughout the line. The barbarian camp is only a couple dozen metres away, and you're tempted to sound the attack now, but you know that with green troops such as these its vital to ensure they all attack at once, lest they decide to break and run after the first blood. You hear a loud bellowing of orders from somewhere nearby, and you look around in confusion, turning just in time to watch your left flank disappear and charge toward the enemy. You react, shouting for your own men to join the attack, but by the time you do so its too late. A huge gap has formed in the line and you swear as you break into a run and draw your sword, waving it above your head and ushering the men forward as you push through them to the front of the line. They finally start up into a jog, and then a dead run, following you as you lead the charge into the Litelachian warriors, who have already engaged the company on your left. They've already lost nearly half their men, who are being torn to shreds by the howling berserkers who surround them. Your troops utter a mighty cry as they slam into the enemy with a deafening crash, freeing the left flank from their deadlock and allowing them to rejoin the fight.

Player Character
Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly
Weapons: Black Iron Kite Shield, Light Silver Long Sword
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Main Non-Player Character
Name: Alexendria "Mav" Mavro
Race: Human
Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

Armour: Training Leathers
Weapons: Polished Steel Spear, Light Banded Buckler
Equipment: None.
Wealth: 10 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Forces (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 03:22:48 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: May 25, 2013, 09:25:35 pm »

Well thats a shit load of not good, I guess continue fighting.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #456 on: May 25, 2013, 10:27:38 pm »

FUCKEMUP! Keep an eye on Mavro- did she follow us?

We'll have to have a personal word with, or glaring angry look at whomsoever broke ranks.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

So, we don't have anyone in the trees on the other side of camp?
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: May 25, 2013, 10:40:04 pm »

Yep continue fighting.  Is our squire around and in combat?  If so keep close to her.

Ninja'd by Grizzly regarding the squire

We don't need to have a word with him, he doesn't work for us and it's not really our responsibility.  If we both work for the same organization, it would be good to notify the higher officials of his unprofessional and costly behavior though.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2013, 11:35:23 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #458 on: May 25, 2013, 10:48:10 pm »

Fair enough- submitting a report seems more in-line with this being a high(est)-caliber mercenary company.

Edit
So, do we not have any detachments on the other side of the field, in the forest?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2013, 02:10:42 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: May 26, 2013, 11:17:05 am »

Crap. Try and lead a push with our knights and heavy infantry, take the pressure off the rest of the army, so the light infantry can encircle them a bit for a flanking maneuver.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #460 on: May 27, 2013, 12:38:25 am »

So, do we not have any detachments on the other side of the field, in the forest?
No.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #461 on: May 27, 2013, 12:59:14 am »

Wait, is that a "no, we don't have any separate detachments" or "no, we do have separate detachments"?
Badges of honor

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #462 on: May 27, 2013, 01:04:46 am »

Wait, is that a "no, we don't have any separate detachments" or "no, we do have separate detachments"?
No you don't have any separate god damn detachments! *throws up hands* Exactly how clear must I make it?! D:

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #463 on: May 27, 2013, 01:05:32 am »

Much obliged.
Badges of honor

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #464 on: May 27, 2013, 01:06:19 am »

You are the worst poster ever Grizzly.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 36