Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27950 times)

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #285 on: April 05, 2013, 10:48:17 pm »

Its already been decided she's good with a spear Grizzly, it was part of her personality thing and the majority was for spear.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 05, 2013, 10:52:08 pm »

Can we cut the chat and get moving?

You look good enough, let's both hope you don't disappoint.  Pack your bags and get ready to leave as swiftly as possible.  Soon enough you shall experience what real battle is like.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 10:55:17 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #287 on: April 05, 2013, 11:03:39 pm »

I can take a hint. Turn up in a bit.

Whoops. Didn't see that extra page. NOW turn up in a bit.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 05, 2013, 11:12:56 pm »

I can take a hint. Turn up in a bit.

Whoops. Didn't see that extra page. NOW turn up in a bit.

Wasn't really directed at you.  Just thought we as a group were putting a little too much thought into this girl's personality, skills, etc.  Last time I saw people get too attached to a character besides the main in a suggestion game, it caused multiple annoying debates and the game died shortly after.  Lesson learned?... don't make any of your characters *too* like-able?
Sure thing peanut man!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #289 on: April 05, 2013, 11:48:11 pm »

Its already been decided she's good with a spear Grizzly, it was part of her personality thing and the majority was for spear.
RP details; our PC doesn't know this, if we just go to the market and get her a spear, could come off as patronizing.

So do we want to enter a little sparring session or just get the show on the road?
-I'm orphaning the sparring bit & voting for gman's quote.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 11:52:16 pm by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #290 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:04 pm »

"I got the hint" was directed at Grizzly's post at the end where he said: (setting up for a hands-on martial test).

My shown posts per page made it in such a way that his post was at the bottom of the page, so when I didn't notice there was a page after that I thought my reply would be immediately after his, so I didn't think I would have to quote, but I got ninja'd and it tangled everything up. :P

Anyhow, here's the turn!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #291 on: April 05, 2013, 11:58:35 pm »

He nods, motioning for Alexandria to go get her things. She squeals happily and runs off. You and the senior knight talk for a bit and he tells you a bit more about your new squire.

She is an orphan from the last Kiltran war. Her family having been made up of low level nobles, their land was among the first confiscated by the government in order to provide land for the troops to board and drill. The war dragged on and by the time it was over the Mavro family fortune was entirely exhausted. They were forced to abandon their century old home and were reduced to begging on the streets. Her father was trampled fighting for his bread ration, and the mother soon succumbed to disease. She and her two sisters struggled to make ends meet, and as each became old enough, they each escaped their old life by citing their noble blood and joining various convents. Each has a deep set hatred for their native country and how it tore their family apart.

Alexandria runs up breathlessly, a small pack and a light buckler bouncing on her back. She shakes the senior knight's hand and thanks him, and he hands her a spear, its point so fine that it gleams as it catches the sunlight. She thanks him again and then hurries to catch up with you, turning over her new weapon in her hands.

Player Character
Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - [impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: None.
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Main Non-Player Character
Name: Alexendria Mavro
Race: Human
Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

Armour: Chapel Tunic
Weapons: Polished Steel Spear, Light Banded Buckler
Equipment: None.
Wealth: 10 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #292 on: April 06, 2013, 01:09:05 pm »

Time zones are funny.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 06, 2013, 01:22:21 pm »

Why?
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #294 on: April 06, 2013, 01:27:11 pm »

Because.

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 06, 2013, 01:40:55 pm »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #296 on: April 06, 2013, 01:49:07 pm »

HahahaGIVEMEACTIONSahahahaha! :D

EDIT: So, just go to the stable and get your car, or do you want to hire some guys or see if any other knights want to come with you first?
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:50:44 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #297 on: April 06, 2013, 01:52:32 pm »

Hired men you just have to pay them up front. You tell them about the contract (you can withhold information to make it cheaper, which could lead to them quitting on you when they find out they're not facing what they expected) haggle and come up with a price to hire their band. If someone comes along with you as a companion, then you have to split the paycheck with them.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 01:55:03 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 06, 2013, 01:54:59 pm »

Go to the stables and make our way to the first mission!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #299 on: April 06, 2013, 01:59:42 pm »

Depending on the actual knight and the mission his take could be anything from a free transportation to where he's going (if you're going to the same place), to the classic 50%, or maybe he just wants some of the loots you find.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 36