Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27937 times)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #345 on: April 24, 2013, 10:08:44 pm »

Yeah, that sucks.

...Remind me, is C&C TB or RTS?

Whats a TB? :O

TB - Turn Based?
It's not tuberculosis...

I was answering his question with a question mark because while I may have assumed that it meant "turn based," I could in no way guarantee the correctness of my answer being that I'm not the one to have posed the original question. :P
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #346 on: April 24, 2013, 10:17:11 pm »

Not exactly what I had in mind. If you tell me what you used, I'll try to make something a bit more descriptive.
I really don't care what you use. I could give less of a crap what you use to draw it. Just make something not ugly and, like you said, descriptive (not sure how much more descriptive you could get, aside from making the formation look as you imagined it), drop it into photobucket or whatever, and get it on the thread.
Are you going to draw us up a better picture Rolep, or should we just move on?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: April 24, 2013, 10:19:27 pm »

I missed his question. Whoops.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: April 25, 2013, 08:14:32 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Sorry 'bout that.
EDIT: Sorry about that.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2013, 12:32:36 am by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #349 on: April 25, 2013, 11:17:11 pm »

Ah, I see what you meant now. Very good, thanks. I'll get the turn up tomorrow.

Can you spoiler that? Its really big.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #350 on: April 27, 2013, 01:54:48 am »

You address the foot troops, quickly forming them up in an ad-hoc formation. You personally delegate knights to command each group, trusting the three foreigners to act as your point men and entrusting them with command of your ranged support, and taking your position at the centre of the group where you can keep track of all of these groups at once. This entire process takes about twenty minutes.

Satisfied, you give the order to move out, and the squad begins their move into the forest at a brisk march. You make surprisingly good time, the men being eager to finally be seeing actions after days of travel. After half an hour of uninterrupted movement Ginko, the younger of the two brothers, holds up a hand. You give a low whistle and the formation comes to a halt, the tall, densely packed trees concealing your large band. You move to the front of the group, Mav in tow, and stop in front of the two brothers. Ginko removes the mask covering his sharp, light brown features and scans the treeline, Sawaki watching him silently. Finally he turns to his brother and speaks quickly in a fast, guttural language you don't recognise. Sawaki turns to you, only his eyes visible behind the long-toothed mask he wears. His voice echoes out, the accent heavy and his speech slow and careful as he struggles to speak your language. The.. barbarians… they are.. there…..

He points through the trees into the distance. You look hard but can see nothing. You're about to reprimand them when suddenly the smell of smoke comes to you. Burning pine, a very distinct smell, and it was coming from the direction Sawaki had indicated. You nod and prepare to move the troops out, and suddenly Mav tugs on your arm. Sir Kelarn! We've found their camp? Yes, my dear. As a matter of fact we have. I was just about to pull the men back and send out a few runners to fetch the other groups. But aren't you forgetting something?! You turn towards her and raise an eyebrow, your curiosity piqued. Oh? And just what might that be? Shouldn't we at least try to take them on first, or at least send a scouting party or something? We can't just let them get away!

You consider this for a moment. This is a good learning opportunity for your new squire and you choose your next words very carefully.

Player Character
Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly
Weapons: Black Iron Kite Shield, Light Silver Long Sword
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Main Non-Player Character
Name: Alexendria "Mav" Mavro
Race: Human
Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

Armour: Training Leathers
Weapons: Polished Steel Spear, Light Banded Buckler
Equipment: None.
Wealth: 10 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: April 27, 2013, 07:11:31 am »

Not in this case, no.  Something you need to keep in mind when participating in missions like these is that you are not just responsible for just your life but also for the lives of the people fighting alongside you.  Attacking without the appropriate number of soldiers would be endangering all those under our command and it would provide very little in the way of benefits.
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: April 27, 2013, 11:28:49 am »

We should send a scouting party at the least, and make sure they don't leave while we wait for reinforcements. If they do try to leave, we can keep them busy until reinforcements arrive.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #353 on: April 27, 2013, 04:50:06 pm »

Waiting for more discussion.

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: April 27, 2013, 04:59:50 pm »

Scout the buggers out.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #355 on: May 02, 2013, 01:19:39 am »

So, did everyone get bored with this?

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #356 on: May 02, 2013, 01:41:54 am »

I'd say ask the two brothers if they'd be comfortable taking the lancers to scout out the enemy- numbers, composition, what they're doing. They'd be in charge of their party, and if they're not comfortable with it the answer's no.
We & Mavro are going to stay behind- our rock armor is far to cumbersome for a scouting expedition, and our squire's not leaving our sight.
The rest of our troops are going to retreat a good ways, preferably to a covered position if we passed one, and keep close together. Silence & watchfulness. We're doing this to remain undetected. Hold the runners.

Caution Mavro on presuming her input is wanted by her commanding officers- we aren't like all commanders in this, and in the real world tact is a necessity.
Also, explain to her why we're doing what we're doing. We aren't looking to harass them- in fact we want to remain completely undetected until we have reinforcements. The reason we're sending a scouting party is because we should make sure it's the enemy, not just some hermit having a bonfire, and both this certainty and the information are..important. Not just our runners, but for our own discretion as well.

If the two knights don't think they can scout, send the runners & retreat as stated.
Hopefully the furriners can be trusted.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: May 02, 2013, 05:06:13 pm »

So, did everyone get bored with this?

No, it's just that I seemed to be outvoted 2 to 1.  I'm still very interested in the story.  (Apocalypse too!)
« Last Edit: May 02, 2013, 08:45:42 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: May 02, 2013, 08:20:07 pm »

I didn't get bored, I was waiting on you to update!
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #359 on: May 02, 2013, 08:24:58 pm »

Haha. There were only, like, three replies. Like gman said there were two against his idea, but he didn't reply or change his mind or anything, so I was waiting.
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 36