Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27939 times)

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #315 on: April 07, 2013, 02:58:54 pm »

This is quite good
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #316 on: April 07, 2013, 03:15:18 pm »

Aw, thanks! Both Mr. Peanut and Elfeater (yuck).

Elfeater

• Bay Watcher
  • Max Yeskly the dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: April 07, 2013, 03:29:43 pm »

Hey, elven diplomats are a renewable food source.
I for one support our child snatching overlords.
there is a difference between droping red numbers representing magma on Es representing elves, and finding it hot when a girl moans like a retarded seal

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: April 07, 2013, 04:09:44 pm »

Perhaps another time. It was not very exciting; not more so than any other duel. For now...focus. You have little of it, I can tell.

Put her through some mental drills meant to help focus the mind and teach you to focus.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #319 on: April 07, 2013, 05:21:45 pm »

Hm. Mental drills. Like what?

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: April 07, 2013, 05:43:12 pm »

Hm. Mental drills. Like what?
Have her focus on something, like a rock or something, and randomly tap on door the door or the floor or something to try and break her concentration perhaps?

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #321 on: April 07, 2013, 06:09:40 pm »

I can't see any meaningful or clever way to pull off a mental exercise. Give me a bit and maybe I can come up with something.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: April 07, 2013, 06:44:04 pm »

Maybe have her practice rhythmic breathing and being quiet?
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: April 07, 2013, 07:12:05 pm »

Stuff that makes you have to focus. Memory drills, watching something and being able to say what was happening while distracting things are going on, slow and measured breathing, etc.

Those are just ideas. I'm sure there's more.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #324 on: April 07, 2013, 10:59:59 pm »

Eh. I think I'll just move us on. I'm drawing a blank atm. Update tomorrow evening.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: April 11, 2013, 03:08:20 pm »

Did that 'mental exercise' suggestion kill your creative inspiration?
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #326 on: April 11, 2013, 06:55:51 pm »

Absolutely trashed it. All I have right now is a picture in my head of the girl staring at a stupid rock. What a horrible idea, no offense to you guys. XC

I'll get this rolling in a minute. Probably just flash forward to the forest.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: April 11, 2013, 07:33:04 pm »

Haha for the record, I suggested that we skip forward to the battle in the first place.  Hence my "make unimportant small talk until arrival" post.
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #328 on: April 21, 2013, 07:05:34 pm »

FUCKING HELL. Right when I was about to submit the damn turn I had to go for a week! Story of my life.

You're at the mercenary camp where the other applicants are waiting. A small crowd has formed and most are striking camp after a night's sleep. You estimate at least 90 individual knights as well as nearly 200 additional footmen, servants, squires and other followers are gathered and still more are trickling in. You and Mav arrived late in the evening to only a small group of early comers and spent your time getting acquainted with the squad you were assigned and performing some light sparring. The sun rises over the forest and the band has been gathered into five separate teams each led by a sergeant. The plan is to foray into the wood and spread out, moving until the camp is discovered, then regrouping to mount an assault.

You've been elected as the squad’s sergeant. The other teams all break away and move off into the forest. Your squad finishes getting itself together and they gather around you, awaiting your orders.

Squad
13 Knights
- 10 Medium (Experienced)
- 3 Light (Veteran)
43 Footmen
- 9 Archers (Green)
- 28 Swordsmen (Green)
- 6 Lancers (Veteran)

The knights are all traditionalists in full-body armour and wielding heavy personal weapons aside from three in particular that you note. They stand slightly apart from the others, talking amongst themselves, clad in beautifully woven, brightly coloured silk robes under softened leather armour with a layer of thick clay plates beneath. They each carry several short blades slung about their person, each one uniquely and quite finely crafted. The tallest one, Aiku, wears a short recurved rider’s bow about his back as well as a wooden quiver filled with wicked looking ebony arrows at his hip. Ginko and Sawaki, the brothers, each own a bright red lance, thin but sturdy and topped with a long blade rather than mere sharpened wooden tips. Your memories of the way they wielded them with such speed and grace as they practiced the night before flood back, and you know these with be powerful allies in the hours to come. Their horse hair crested helms are painted with the likeness of a screaming daemon enveloped in raging flames, for their people take pride wearing the visage of what their people traditionally fear most.

The foil to your hardened knights are the soldiers accompanying them. They're a rabble of disorganised shock troops with zero combat experience, cheap weaponry and what looks to be makeshift armour. The only ones who look to know what they're doing are the lancers, who have to be formally trained in order to do their job.

Mav looks over the assembled forces, then turns to you, beaming. So what now Kell? We should get moving before we fall behind!

Player Character
Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: Black Iron Kite Shield, Light Silver Long Sword
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Main Non-Player Character
Name: Alexendria "Mav" Mavro
Race: Human
Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

Armour: Chapel Tunic
Weapons: Polished Steel Spear, Light Banded Buckler
Equipment: None.
Wealth: 10 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: April 21, 2013, 07:41:02 pm »

Form up and move out. Ginko and Sawaki will take point, with the lancers on our flanks. Swordsmen in two groups of eight and a group of eleven, two knights in each to help keep discipline, and an extra one in the group of eleven. Archers are accompanied by Aiku. The other three knights will accompany us as a reserve. The group of eleven swordsmen is ahead of us, swordsmen on either side and slightly behind, with the archers directly in front of us, between the large swordsmen group and our group.
I don't have really anything to make a very good or clear look of how we should be spread out. If you guys know a map grid thing or something that's easy to use, please direct me to it?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 07:46:55 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 36