Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27943 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #300 on: April 06, 2013, 02:20:37 pm »

Let's head out. I'd like our mentoring style to be the one where the mentor pushes the apprentice to their limits and beyond, exhausting them constantly, but making them tougher and stronger in the process. The apprentice tends to feel a great not-quite-hatred for their mentor for pushing them so hard, but as time goes on figures out that it's for their own good.

Like the coach who runs you ragged, then hands you an energy drink and a slice of pizza and tells you to be ready for the next run in 20 minutes.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #301 on: April 06, 2013, 02:53:09 pm »

You head to the stables, squire in tow. Its largely empty aside from a few tanks and a single half-tracked carrier. The driver sits on the hood of the armoured carrier, chatting with his two bodyguards and smoking an ebony pipe. He notices your approach and tamps out the cinders, hopping to the cobbles and tucking his pipe into his shirt pocket. Sir Kelarn, right? You show him the contract and he nods. He waves a gloved hand dismissively and the guards clamber into a small compartment just behind the driver's cabin. We're ready to go anytime Sir. Where to first?

Player Character
Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - [impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: None.
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well

Main Non-Player Character
Name: Alexendria Mavro
Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

Armour: Chapel Tunic
Weapons: Polished Steel Spear, Light Banded Buckler
Equipment: None.
Wealth: 10 Silver Coins

Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: April 06, 2013, 04:48:53 pm »

Yeah I don't think we really need extra hired help on the first mission.  Let's just get there and spill some blood.
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: April 06, 2013, 08:24:27 pm »

"Hiketo Wood, good (semi-honorary term). Thank you for your service."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #304 on: April 06, 2013, 10:47:18 pm »

Not at all! Going to join the raiding party I see? Well we'll head out straightaway. Climb in! He leads you around to the back of the carrier and unfolds a small set of steps, opening the hatch leading to the passenger compartment. You climb in and then turn to help Alexandria. You both set your things down and the driver closes the hatch behind you. The carrier rumbles to life and you settle in for the journey.

Alexandria across from you watches the landscape run by through the gun slits, clearly excited about leaving the church. She finally turns away from the window and starts talking excitedly. You never did introduce yourself Sir! Whats your name? Mine is Mav! Er.. Mavro. But the other kids used to call me Mav and you can too! Are you famous or something? How many battles have you won? Are you really my new Boss? I can't wait to start training!

Player Character

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - [impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: Black Iron Kite Shield, Light Silver Long Sword
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.

Personality: Intelligent and eager to learn. Brave of heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honour is a huge inspiration, being the type of person that would throw her entire self into a conflict, even when faced against tough odds. Prideful, especially when challenged but when broken has a tendency of temporarily assuming a defeatist attitude. Well versed in hand fighting and weapon combat, but tends to favour a spear.
Appearance: Lean and athletic, her height is above-average for her age. Long brown-blonde hair surrounds her smooth, sharp features and lightly freckled cheeks and accents her jet black irises well.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:12:36 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: April 06, 2013, 10:57:41 pm »

Nerev Kelarn.  No one famous.  Just a knight.  Your training will commence soon enough.  Seeing how I don't yet know the extent of your abilities, we'll start relatively easy.  What's your armor preference and training?

Do we want her to stand on the side for most of the battle?  Maybe have her step in towards the end to finish some people off when it's safer?
Sure thing peanut man!

adwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: April 06, 2013, 10:59:28 pm »

"I've fought in one battle, and defeated Hokuta Vvoric in a duel as the person I am now. I'm Nerev Kelarn, you can call me Kell and yes you are going to be my squire, as for training you'll start soon enough and you may even get a bit of actual combat soon enough."

I support her taking a part (preferably small one) in the battle to get some actual experience in, it'll be good in helping her advance in training and she'll get an actual idea of what battle is like. Now that I look did we actually bring any weapons with us? xD
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:01:32 pm by adwarf »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #307 on: April 06, 2013, 11:08:50 pm »

Oops! Yes, you have your sword and shield. I remember forgetting to put those in there as a matter of fact. One moment..

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2013, 11:14:17 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: April 06, 2013, 11:40:08 pm »

So when we give suggestions for speech, is it ALL said or do we need to agree?

"I am Nerev Kelarn. You may refer to me as 'Sir Kelarn', 'Sir', or 'Boss'. I have fought in several battles, the most recent ruining my equipment; this is all new. We'll have to train you in endurance and speed first, as surviving is more important than winning. We'll be seeing some combat but..." At this point we look her up and down. "You don't have armor. So you'll be sitting it out until I use the money from it to get you some. And then? We'll do drills."
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: April 06, 2013, 11:55:09 pm »

So when we give suggestions for speech, is it ALL said or do we need to agree?

"I am Nerev Kelarn. You may refer to me as 'Sir Kelarn', 'Sir', or 'Boss'. I have fought in several battles, the most recent ruining my equipment; this is all new. We'll have to train you in endurance and speed first, as surviving is more important than winning. We'll be seeing some combat but..." At this point we look her up and down. "You don't have armor. So you'll be sitting it out until I use the money from it to get you some. And then? We'll do drills."

Probably have to agree on something or the GM picks... In either case I'm okay with our character saying this.  Kind of sums of what me and adwarf said while leaving out some unnecessary details.
Sure thing peanut man!

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #310 on: April 07, 2013, 12:19:36 am »

I'll do my best to include all of it, but naturally I'll have to comb over some things in order for it to make sense. If there is a serious decision regarding her training or life or if someone wants to say something that changes our main character's tone (like if we want to praise her, or scold her, to give an idea) then it'll be put to a vote.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 12:21:28 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #311 on: April 07, 2013, 12:35:12 am »

They call me Nerev Kelarn, but my friends know me as Kell. You may call me so, if you wish. Now, about your training.. We'll be getting started as soon as we can, but for now we're on a mission. Perhaps there will be time before we set for the wood. What did you cover, precisely, during your time at the Church? Many things. I've no experience with armour, but we performed all our training in the heaviest leather the monks could find. Most of it was just weapons training. Swords, battle axes, pole arms, bows, we covered everything. Senior Gates said it was good to be well learned in all techniques, for even if you didn't yourself favour it, your opponent may. Oh, I almost forgot! I did remember to bring my training leathers. I can wear those if we fight!

Her eyes grow wide. Vvoric the Untamed?! The very same my dear. I even dined with him afterwards. Wo-o-o-oah! You simply must tell me about it!

Player Character

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: Black Iron Kite Shield, Light Silver Long Sword

« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 04:16:08 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #312 on: April 07, 2013, 12:47:04 am »

You can talk now. And also, Teal. :3

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #313 on: April 07, 2013, 02:15:14 pm »

Actions please.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: April 07, 2013, 02:37:12 pm »

Just make small talk until we get to the battle site.  Doesn't really matter to me what we discuss.

All in good time.  For now I must mentally prepare myself for the battle ahead.

Teal, just for you. ;D
« Last Edit: April 07, 2013, 02:38:58 pm by gman8181 »
Sure thing peanut man!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 36