Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36

Author Topic: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All  (Read 27951 times)

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
Re: True Knights: A Suggestion Game for All
« Reply #255 on: April 03, 2013, 09:42:58 pm »

Hurrah!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #256 on: April 03, 2013, 11:08:46 pm »

Hchere yew go, naow git oot o' me sight! You hardly even wait for the old bastard to finish talking before walking out the door.

You stop by your room to grab your travelling pack, as well as your shield and long sword, slinging them across your back before heading down to the chapel to see if there are any newly appointed squires seeking a mentor. A bald-headed monk in dark yellow robes with a grey lining greets you at the open door and leads you past the shrine where acolytes are going about the morning rites and to the yard, where the young men are being led in calisthenics by two senior knights. One of them notices your arrival and moves closer, gesturing for the group to continue their exercises. Can I help you sir knight?

The monk motions towards you. This one requires a pupil. I'd say he looks up to the task.

Hm. Quite. He's certainly got enough scars. Well then, come look at what we have.

The middle-aged man taps a few boys out of line, and has them stand before you. Take your pick.

Name: I might change it, unless its good.
Race: Human
Personality: Optional. Can be as detailed as you like. I may discard it or alter it.
Appearance: Very important. As much detail as possible. I may alter it (unlikely).

Name: Nerev "Kell" Kelarn
Race: Human
Home Region: Kiltrar
Affiliation: The Gray Blades

Armour: Full Reinforced Gantinite Plate - [impervious to piercing damage, high slashing defence, average crushing defence; heavy - jumping, dodging and sprinting is impossible; become tired more quickly]
Weapons: None.
Equipment: None. For stored gear see the Extra Character Details subject line at the bottom of the OP.
Wealth: 1040 Silver Coins
Health: Well
Spoiler: Contracts (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Honour (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Contacts (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bané-Bané Peninsula (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 11:10:22 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #257 on: April 03, 2013, 11:11:21 pm »

I'm letting you guys make your own squire in lieu of giving you a choice of a dozen different choices. It makes it a bit more personal I believe, and now the squire is a main character.

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #258 on: April 04, 2013, 12:31:19 am »

Oh you're evil. Let's take a look.
Hmmm, gender...hmm, age..damn. They grow them young in this world.
Let's make it a wait

Who's going to control their actions? Might be difficult to play a personality you don't come up with gun. If it's us, might be difficult to rp two people with possibly separate interests.
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Check this shit out- (it changes)
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #259 on: April 04, 2013, 12:32:59 am »

You won't control him. He'll just be an NPC sidekick. And its really easy to play a character someone else comes up with, actually. You guys came up with the one we're using now. Not to mention most characters writers create are essentially just patchwork, Frankenstein resurrections of characters they've encountered before, whether in other fiction or in real-life (especially in real-life), but now I'm reading too deeply into your comment. I'll stop now.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:41:43 am by GUNINANRUNIN »

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #260 on: April 04, 2013, 12:57:27 am »

Well, resuming,

Let's make it a shiela, 14, big for her age & still growing. Appearance is kiltran, but if they're a diverse lot make her a red-head w/ freckles, wendy-style. Personality is a brave-heart, brazen and chivalrous. Honor's a huge inspiration- she's the kind that'll handicap herself to even the odds. She's been passed over so long because everyone's racist against kiltrans & she doesn't apologize for it- being headstrong in confrontation doesn't help.
Specifics: Build is the heavy-side of athletic. Brown eyes. Face that looks ok when she's not smiling, which goes up 3-fold when she is. She always is. Hair's a medium-length plain pony-tail. She isn't a tom-boy though; she's a knight.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

-Nah, I meant playing two in tandem & trying to respect each individual's independent knowledge & goals.
The frankenstien thing isn't helped by the whole TINNUTS situation. Also, cough
-edit
btw, what's the state religion around here?
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 01:29:50 am by GrizzlyAdamz »
Badges of honor
GENERATION 11: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
Profile->Modify Profile->Look and Layout->Current Theme: Default [Change]->Darkling (it's good for your eyes and looks better)

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #261 on: April 04, 2013, 01:39:34 am »

Gray Blades chapels just have shrines for anyone to pray at, since the mercs are from many walks of life. Even the non-religious ones like to go just for good luck.

Oceanians worship the Tide, literally the movement of the ocean, and they have seers who base their prophesies on how it and the life within it behaves. Their people and especially their knights also grow up praying to the Tide, and they're all quite pious, but there isn't really such a thing as 'heresy' and they have no political influence or rank. The Church of the Tide (just The Church to most people) are the big boys on the block, so to speak. They've got representation in every nation, excepting Kiltra.

Litelachians have many gods, all relating to the woods and forest. Each individual person chooses what he worships in particular, but most only pray on occasion. There are several cults who fervently seek to appease particularly important aspects of the forest, such as the Servants of the Oak and the Bear Tribe, and they're generally nuts and high on herbs and their own religion. Everybody pretty much avoids them when they can. The, for lack of a better word, default object of worship is the Grass, for reasons even the Litelachians own historians aren't even aware of.

The Varen Confederation has a decent following of the Tide, but most people worship the Parent Gods, Cane and Vora, the alleged founders of the Confederation more than a thousand years ago. They have not churches but statues where people lay offerings. There will always be at least one statue of them in every Varen settlement, and it is tradition that it be the first structure erected whenever a town is founded. Any town that does not do so is cursed, doomed to fail within the first year. As the towns are built around the statue it gives nearly all Varen towns a common layout, and they are all nearly identical.

The Kiltrans have three gods. Fafnorn, lord of the mountains, Holito, master of wealth, life and death, and Jovakt, guardian of the sky. The Kiltrans have keepers who appease each of these gods through sacrifice. Craftsmen appeal to Fafnorn to heat their forges and shape the metal, Holito is thanked upon the birth of new life and damned when he takes it back to repay his debt, and Jovakt receives the prayers for safe journeys and calm borders. You get the idea.

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
  • Mr. Peanut - The Peanut Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: April 04, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »

Eh, I'm fine with a female companion but I'd rather have her be older.  Being followed around by a fourteen year old is just going to feel too much like babysitting.  For some reason I picture Kiltrans having dark hair and being all soot covered from industry.

Edit:  Oh better yet, can we just get a war dog instead?  War bear maybe? :))
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 12:19:17 pm by gman8181 »
Quote from: GUNINANRUNIN
Sure thing peanut man!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #263 on: April 04, 2013, 02:39:41 pm »

Nope, you guys wanted a squire, and in this world you're a knight by 16. They can't all be soot-covered..
Badges of honor

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: April 04, 2013, 02:55:50 pm »

Yeah not all of them, just the workers probably.

War animal in addition to the squire?  I really want a pet now.

Name: Genghis Khan (Khan for short)
Race: Hound / Bear
Personality: Loyal but blood thirsty.  Likes meat... fresh meat.
Appearance: Big with dark fur and razor sharp teeth (and claws?).  This animal looks vicious enough to rip most men to shreds.  A perfect pet for any knight.
Sure thing peanut man!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #265 on: April 04, 2013, 03:01:09 pm »

Make him a robot and I'm down.
But I don't think a monastery would be the place to find one.
Badges of honor

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: April 04, 2013, 04:59:28 pm »

Let's go with Adamz's. Maybe call her Alexandra.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Parsely

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My games!
« Reply #267 on: April 04, 2013, 06:40:19 pm »

No pets. Animals are just scary here. I don't really like redheads (phobia).. I kind of wasn't expecting that, but if its what you guys want..

And squires are all combat-ready by 14. As in they fight in wars alongside their mentor. So your squire will be completely battle-trained and fit, since thats all they've been doing since about age 5.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2013, 06:42:20 pm by GUNINANRUNIN »

gman8181

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: April 04, 2013, 06:51:18 pm »

Yeah I'm not particularly fond of our follower looking like a beefy version of the Wendy's girl either.  Just didn't care enough to really voice that opinion.  Anyway it doesn't have to be a permanent arrangement and there's a semi decent chance she'll die in battle anyway (once again setting up a great revenge subplot).
Sure thing peanut man!

GrizzlyAdamz

• Bay Watcher
  • Herp de derp
    • View Profile
    • Check this shit out
« Reply #269 on: April 04, 2013, 06:54:23 pm »

Linked to a similar character with the "cough" bit, though that lady's just a teeny bit too much on the heavy side. Dark blonde was my second choice, but the freckles is the clincher. Bad freckles. /nod
Badges of honor
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 36