Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12

Author Topic: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?  (Read 44739 times)

gonadsteadyblade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Most Pathetic or Ridiculous Death Experienced?
« Reply #120 on: May 29, 2013, 06:11:02 pm »

second mission with my first ever sword user, i find the vampire i was supposed to kill, he is in a room full of towns people so i figure it will be an easy score, i confront him from across the room so the towns folk will soften him up, he charges across the room to me and the second move of our skirmish he buries his carving knife into my head, in front of my 4 followers and countless onlookers.
and should they kill me, they will have my dead body...not my obedience

Sergarr

• Bay Watcher
  • (9) airheaded baka (9)
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: June 11, 2013, 01:45:14 pm »

I expectantly transformed into a weregoanna (did not know I was infected) in the middle of a market, instantly causing a boning knife to be lodged in my cranium before I could react.

You could say that your adventurer was... boned.
._.

Crabs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: June 13, 2013, 01:34:01 pm »

I found a cave where I could go "downstairs" many many z-levels. At first, I carefully descended but beside one "large rat" the cave seemed empty. After half an hour and uncountable z-levels... I died.
I did not even see what happened. The report said that some evil thing shot web at me and while I was unable to move, it scratched off my head. That thing must have some pretty long talons.

I am now scared of the deeps. Will never go again ;_;
(\/) (*o*) (\/)

Mister Crabby the Pincers of Stabbing?

Solon64

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: June 15, 2013, 12:20:47 pm »

I found a cave where I could go "downstairs" many many z-levels. At first, I carefully descended but beside one "large rat" the cave seemed empty. After half an hour and uncountable z-levels... I died.
I did not even see what happened. The report said that some evil thing shot web at me and while I was unable to move, it scratched off my head. That thing must have some pretty long talons.

I am now scared of the deeps. Will never go again ;_;

I'm gonna say HFS. They escape sometimes, live in caves, and lurk there for eons until some schmuck stumbles upon them, jerks. I had a kobold fort wiped out because of one once.

My most embarassing death was yet another example of why wearing full iron armor does not guarantee protection. Particularly against various bits of cutlery. I do not feel the need to go into details here, we've all seen them peasant ninjas with forks-aimed-for-eyes-and-throats.
PS: Seriously, you must have, like, super-getting-lost skills. You could go missing in a straight corridor and impale yourself on flat ground if I don't tell you where to go.

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2013, 11:02:27 am »

I expectantly transformed into a weregoanna (did not know I was infected) in the middle of a market, instantly causing a boning knife to be lodged in my cranium before I could react.

You could say that your adventurer was... boned.
OH!
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Agent of Avarice

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2013, 10:41:23 pm »

I once got head shot by a Lizard Man Blow Gunner, somehow it pierced my iron helmet. Instakill naturally.

Krevsin

• Bay Watcher
  • [RAINBOWS:REQUIRED]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2013, 02:07:04 am »

I once entered the dungeon in a human town. It was full of cats, which i started murdering to get my wrestling skill up. Then, i stumbled upon a kobold archer. He shot at me, and I, of course, blocked it. Then, just as i was near enough to kill him, he sends an arrow straight through my iron helm, into my eye and then into the brain. Instadeath.

Urist MacNoob

• Bay Watcher
  • Indrick Boreale, Adventurus Astartes.
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2013, 10:50:31 am »

I made a shaolin monk character and swore to only wear robes and use wrestling/kick/striking/biting.

You know, it wasn't bad right up until I tried levelling my swimming, didn't see that bridge as a novice swimmer and went under it.
Coldmonkey: "The idea that having flaming tools and introducing them to the intimate workings of someone you don't get along with is much too human for these forums. I mean, it's not really that hard, is it? Anyone can wield a torch, it doesn't prove anything. Wearing flaming clothes on the other hand, or better yet, wearing nothing at all and being on fire... that is the essence of dwarfish behavior."

Slashes-With-Claws

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2013, 11:00:24 am »

It was getting dark as I neared a hamlet.  There was just one river to cross, no bridges nearby so I figured I would just swim across.  I have practiced my swim skill so it should be no trouble.  Halfway across the river flash froze, encasing me in ice.  Game over.
Mary had a Little Lamb...

...BUT I ATE IT!

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 06, 2013, 04:41:02 am »

Attempting to go on a murderous rampage/wrestling training session, I pick out a peasant and try to disarm them. Bam, first turn, stabbed in the head, upper spine destroyed, game over man, game over.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 07, 2013, 02:02:34 am »

There seems to be a theme here...

I was walking in the mountains one day, having spawned there for some reason, when a yak on the slope below me freaks out and implodes my skull with a single kick.
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Blastbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 09, 2013, 11:54:38 am »

Do NPCs/victims count? If they do my vote goes to Adet Praisedconfines, a human swordsman who was killed by a CAT. Had a shield and everything, and when an angry axedwarf came barging in, the guy gets offed by a cat before I could even land a hit.

I guess he was feeling...
Horatio McreferencedwarfCaine cancels one-liner: Equipping sunglasses
The Cat Scratch Fever.
I don't know how it all works, I just throw molten science at the wall and see what ignites.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 10, 2013, 08:40:35 pm »

I was a legendary almost-everything, and I was on a quest to chase down a dragon. I was ambushed by a couple of goblins, and take almost all of them out quickly. One, however, I never managed to hit.  I continued to dodge backwards, and finally, he attacked me, I dodged, and fill right into a river gorge I didn't notice.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Mafia_Puppet

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: July 10, 2013, 09:18:10 pm »

spawning in the middle of the ocean? it happens when you are playing masterwork, with the extra races turned on.... there was a frogmen village on the sea floor.

Are the buildings made out of wood?!

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: July 10, 2013, 09:25:28 pm »

If memory serves, sites that are spawned strictly out at sea do not actually exist in the game world: the area is claimed, but there are no constructions, no population, or anything. Just open ocean and barren sea floor.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 12