Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Not sure on the tokens for my spear.  (Read 762 times)

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Not sure on the tokens for my spear.
« on: March 19, 2013, 11:09:44 pm »

I have here a simple spear and I have gotten it to work in the arena, it has the token [TRAINING] but the stats are different and I beleive that makes it wood only.
I also have [WOOD] as a token, not sure why.
But as you can see I have the reagant token and I am not sure if that will do anything.
I am trying to make it so that the spear requires some burning to make it at least technicaly dwarfy.
I couldn't get it in fort mode at the carpenters shop, I had NOT regened a world though.
I never tested to see if it could be made at a smith, I don't want it too, carpenters shop with the training spears would be nice.
Last bit about the edge parts, I just copied the regular spear and changed it to what I think wood would be in difference to metal.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT:I have tried giving dwarfs the [wood weapons] tag but I think the world regen is the problem.
Shoudn't [training] make it so the dwarfs can have it.
I didn't say already that I have givin dwarfs the fire hardend spear in entitys.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 11:14:42 pm by zubb2 »
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
Re: Not sure on the tokens for my spear.
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:05 pm »

The allowed tokens are those that appear
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Weapon_token
[WOOD] and [REQUIRED_REGENTS_COKE] are not among them

>> Shoudn't [training] make it so the dwarfs can have it.

Nope, you can look what it does at the above link

>> I didn't say already that I have givin dwarfs the fire hardend spear in entitys.

Then yes, you'll have it when you gen a new world.

Stirk

• Bay Watcher
  • Full Metal Nutball
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2013, 11:31:39 pm »

To start:

http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/Weapon_token

That is the wiki on weapon tokens, showing everything you can do in the weapon file.

But as you can see I have the reagant token and I am not sure if that will do anything.

Nope, that has to be done in the reaction file.

I couldn't get it in fort mode at the carpenters shop, I had NOT regened a world though.

Because you made it a training weapon, it won't normally show up.

I never tested to see if it could be made at a smith, I don't want it too, carpenters shop with the training spears would be nice.

Nope! Your training tag fixed that.

Training makes it so you can make it out of wood, and only out of wood, if you give it to them in their entity file. It also means that you won't be able to make it out of steel, or bring it to fight. There are some things you can mess around with in the entity file to make it so they only bring wooden weapons, like elves, check the wiki for that.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

This is my waifu, this is my gun. This one's for fighting, this ones for fun.

zubb2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2013, 12:46:48 pm »

Thanks for the help.

I might just change the name to sharpened training spear and forget the fire part. :)
(Anyone else have any stories that can compare to a man being beaten to death with his own trousers by a giant gopher?)
(when goblins showed up, I mumbled "Smithers! Release the hounds!" and had the lever pulled.)