Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11

Author Topic: Paddledmirrors - Battling Forts - Turn 7: Fortress Blues [Need More Overseers]  (Read 18835 times)

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

The dissapearing gobbos is strange, but nothing can be done it seems.
How's the turn wrapping up MCheese?

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The dissapearing gobbos is strange, but nothing can be done it seems.

Maybe they left? I've had that happen before, especially when the gobbos get unlucky and their leader somehow dies.

I get the impression he's busy; but I am excited to see how this develops!
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!
I have a [YouTube] channel! It has Let's Plays and other stuff.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

Not so much as busy as sick, it was supposed to have cleared up about a week and a half ago, and my medicines for it ran out just slightly after that. I don't know why I'm still sick, but I'm still trying. Sorry for taking so long, if we had a blue overseer signed up after me I'd tell them to take a crack at it and come back to me later, but I'm last on the list as it stands now.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Mjattie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Posting to watch. Who knows, I might decide to play a round sometime.
EDIT: I suggest the Baron's quarters look out into the caverns, with bridges between the windows and the flying building destroyers, so they can be opened in an emergency.
Sorry, I saw you accidentally wrote closed, so I fixed it.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

Not so much as busy as sick, it was supposed to have cleared up about a week and a half ago, and my medicines for it ran out just slightly after that. I don't know why I'm still sick, but I'm still trying. Sorry for taking so long, if we had a blue overseer signed up after me I'd tell them to take a crack at it and come back to me later, but I'm last on the list as it stands now.
I may have time over the next few days and will attmept to NiNja the Blue turn.
(However if you get feeling better pretend I didn't say anything.)

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hmm, I just had a thought. I can think of a few ways to rescue the blue pick. If you'd like, I can update the save with the freed pick as it seems to really hold the Blues back.
Come and be amazed by this wonderful menagerie! Draw your own! Bring your favorite! The [Forgotten Beast Art Contest] is open for business!
Now also available - [The Legendary Artifact Art Contest]! It menaces! It has rings! It has craftsdwarfship!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

Hmm, I just had a thought. I can think of a few ways to rescue the blue pick. If you'd like, I can update the save with the freed pick as it seems to really hold the Blues back.
We should be able to manage, but I'll let you know if additional help is needed.  Thanks!!

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

Well, the NiNja attempt was off to a good start, there was enough copper goblin gear to melt and make a couple picks, however a double-ambush killed a dozen or more and the aquifer is still causing trouble...  Not sure if this turn is worth keeping.

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile

Alright, it's been 2 weeks. Do you have anything to report?
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile

No, I don't think I can salvage it.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

firsal

• Bay Watcher
  • A thin creature prone to great ambition
    • View Profile

Post to watch

Pie Maker

• Bay Watcher
  • [DOES_NOT_MAKE_PIES]
    • View Profile

Wait, so no one is currently playing a turn?
"W-w-w-w-what do you want?"
"...MORTAL. I COMMAND THEE. BRING ME CHEESE."

CognitiveDissonance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Wait, so no one is currently playing a turn?

Now that you mention it, that sounds right. Let me see what I can organize.

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

I'll continue my NiNja Blue turn, it should be complete by Monday.

Edit: The story so far
1 Granite 302
I, Ruhn Girethlogem the Mason, do claim leadership of the Blue fortress.  My daughter was just born recently and I feel the need to secure her future, not to mention a room for my wife and I to live in.

5 Granite
As we open the gates and survey our lands once more, we come across some +RICHES+ left over from the last goblin raid.  I believe we may be able to melt some of this down to make a new pick, but first we need a smelter and some charcoal...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

10 Granite
In order to build our wood furnace, smelter, and forge part of the wall had to be removed.  I only hope we can rebuild it before the King finds out.

13 Granite
They tell me we have an extra training spear, so Mr. Rithamug will join Mastahcheese in The Ships of Hide.  Come to think of it, I'll join them too.

28 Granite
Mrs. Edemkalam has had a daughter!  4 kids must be a handful.

1 Slate
We've melted enough copper for a pick!

8 Slate
We heard some yelling from the Red side, not sure what that was about.

14 Slate
Party!  We have the beginnings of a dining room.

16 Slate
Mrs. Ilonobok has had her second son!  I have assured her that we will have proper rooms for living and dining within the year.  After talking with our head miner Mrs. Cattengar, it doesn't seem like she wants to risk mining right now.  I assured her it would be safe but she still refuses.  Mrs. Gusilurrith and Mrs. Reggebar agreed to give it a try for now.

20 Slate
Mrs. Regdakon tells me we can make one of the “double slit” aquifer breaches work.  I tell her to give it a shot and go off to do some individual combat drills.

17 Felsite
Not one, but two snatchers showed up.  They were spotted and we drove them off.

18 Felsite
There is a rumor that the former Red overseer Dolwina has had another son.  In more important news, our new dining hall has been dug out and an elf caravan has been spotted in the distance.

19 Felsite
Mrs. Linemmonom is being ambushed by some sword-gobbos!  UP AXES!

They killed Mrs. Linemmonom!  Vendi is out there and got her leg cut, and then they killed her baby.  Hang on!
NOOO! Vendi is dead, and another ambush has appeared.

24 Felsite
Lost, they are all lost.  My husbund ran out to try and save Mastahcheese, but got himself killed too.  We locked the doors and leave everyone out there to their fate.  These are dark days for Blue Paddlemirror.

10 Malachite
Mrs. Alathtangak has had a girl, her 4th child.  Her husbund is the only surviving member of our military, I envy her so.  Why didn't that bastard help the others to fight the ambush??  Oh my, now little Zarsibrek is crying...

17 Malachite
We've spotted migrants to the south... I fear for their safety.  Look!  One has a crossbow!  Maybe they have a chance.  Gather your strength, friends.  We cannot let this hero stand alone.

1 Galena
It was difficult, but we were able to get the 7 migrants inside without further death.

11 Galena
... I really don't care about running this fortress, ... why do I try?  Oh, someone decided to dig some jails.  I suppose my many tantrums lately have not helped.  What would they do upon seeing their love's rotten corpse?

12 Galena
Wow, Mrs. Egastonul is raging and trying to kill us.  Who cares...  Everyone was so angry they just mobbed her before any of our militia could respond.

25 Galena
Some human traders arrived, Mrs. Amugalath was able to get us quite a few picks and another anvil.  We also purchased spears and stone blocks.

8 Sandstone.
I can't go on like this...
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:56:18 pm by Ruhn »

Ruhn

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Dwarf
    • View Profile

The (exciting?) conclusion!
===

9 Sandstone
I “Midnight” the Bow Jeweled, he who recently arrived and drove off the goblin menace, have decided to take on leadership of Blue Paddlemirror for the remainder of the year.

11 Sandstone
What is this?  Inside everyone!!

12 Sandstone
Never a dull moment!  A were-ape and kobold thief also approach from the west, not 20 urists south of the Minotaur.

The kobold dies quickly, then the others lock in combat.  It looks to me that the ape won't last long, but he may surprise us.  In the mean time I'm taking over 'The Helmed Waters' and drafting some new members.  We will rally on the cliff above the wall.  I can see that fool ape has changed back into a human.  I wonder if the caravan will care of his death?

Here comes the minotaur!  It looks like a fisherman got caught on the wrong side of the wall, but all the human guards may be enough to keep him alive. 
And the minotaur is no more.  The new recruits didn't hit much but this was a good experience.

23 Sandstone
Migrants have been spotted to the South, and a new baby girl has been born.

4 Timber
A Farmer has a wild look in his eyes, I think he may be POSSESSED...  Sure enough, a few days later I see this elf-ring on his finger.

14 Timber
Our Dwarf caravan has come.  We traded for armor, war hammers, some metal and food.  We then formed a squad of hammerdwarves and equipped them the best we could.

23 Timber
We dug out a new underground farm.  Some of the farmers look pretty tired, so I've asked a few others to help them full time.

10 Moonstone, Early Winter
I've been working with the carpenters and pump operators to try and make progress on their “double-slit” lately, but progress is slower than watching a goblin corpse rot...  Good thing for us the “big hole” has frozen solid!  Grab those picks!

26 Moonstone
We are making fair progress on the big hole, but I fear that some have slipped into the ice and died.  There is a possibility we will run out of blocks, I haven't done this before so the miners and carpenters are mostly working autonomously.

5 Opal
Another creature has come, it was right next to the wall before a gem setter saw it.

15 Opal
Glory Be!  We made it under the aquifer.  And I see GOLD.  Oh, I wonder if that gem setter made it?  This project takes priority, I'll ask around later.

3 Obsidian
The traders are leaving, and I am starting to think it is time to lock up the fortress.  I have also been informed that our yellow metal is Limonite, and not Gold.  Guess you learn something new every day.  The smiths tell me we DO have platinum, however.

15 Obsidian
We mined what we could, this is my first year here and I cannot say when the ice will begin to melt.

To keep the water from the tunnels, we quickly built and installed Hatches.  They have been locked until we can complete the wall to hold back the aquifer.  The wall for the first level is complete, but I locked access to the big hole until we see the situation after the thaw.

30 Obsidian
According to the treaty we will party for the next year and watch what Red paddlemirror does.

===
The save: http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7710

There is some kind of strange bug I was having around the aquifer breach, where some tiles turned black and were not open space or ice.  Even after the thaw they stayed black, and it says "blocked" when trying to build walls or floors.  Might need some DFHack help for the next Blue player.  On a similar topic, we have bkdevil's corpse but can't memorialize or bury it.

Red team was popping out kids like mad, as usual.
Peace!
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 11