Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [BEACH_FREQUENCY:?]  (Read 739 times)

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
[BEACH_FREQUENCY:?]
« on: March 19, 2013, 09:19:37 am »

The number after BEACH_FREQUENCY what does it mean? On whales its 10 what chance does that mean?

Lets say I wanted to mod the whales so that they are more frequent in number and that beachings are more frequent in order to actually see a beaching happen, is that possible without having some kind of crash in the whale population?

Any dwarf scientist know any of this?
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: [BEACH_FREQUENCY:?]
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2013, 10:08:12 am »

I'm pretty sure that the higher the number, the more likely it is to happen, but I've never played around with it, it might just be a hold-over from a previous version, but I don't know.

Not sure if relevent, but I once had an adventurer rest on a beach, and he was ambushed on the beach by a basking shark, on the dry land next to me, and it then suffocated to death, but I'm pretty sure that was due to sleeping, and not the beach frequency.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Findulidas

• Bay Watcher
  • [NATURAL_SKILL:OFFTOPIC:5][NOTHOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: [BEACH_FREQUENCY:?]
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2013, 03:17:31 am »

Not sure if relevent, but I once had an adventurer rest on a beach, and he was ambushed on the beach by a basking shark, on the dry land next to me, and it then suffocated to death, but I'm pretty sure that was due to sleeping, and not the beach frequency.

I dont think they have beaching, that was probably just an attack.

To bad no one knows, next time I mod things I will have to increase the number of whales and beaching. Hopefully Ill see one.
...wonderful memories of the creeping sense of dread...