Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Control dwarfs directly in Fortress mode  (Read 1689 times)

Revanchist

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you for helping us help you help us all.
    • View Profile
Re: Control dwarfs directly in Fortress mode
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2013, 09:17:35 am »

That does seem like an effective way to build though. Great work.
Definition: 'Love' is making a shot to the knees of a target 120 kilometers away using an Aratech sniper rifle with a tri-light scope... Love is knowing your target, putting them in your targeting reticule, and together, achieving a singular purpose against statistically long odds."

People love a happy ending. So every episode, I will explain once again that I don't like people. And then Mal will shoot someone. Someone we like. And their puppy.

Owlbread

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2013, 12:29:28 pm »

Soon adventurers will be able to make walls and position furniture and the like to create shelters. I see that as the dawn of the "integration" ark.

RockBiterSon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2013, 04:12:33 pm »

Does anyone know if more fine control over the artistry of your dwarves is planned? I would like to be able to make a bedroom for the champion of my fort with engravings of his heroic destruction of goblins instead of cheese. And then for the game to recognize this; for him to get happy thoughts, or perhaps unhappy if he is very humble. This would open up so many options. I would like to be able to make gold statues of my adventurer, or of the Deities worshipped in my fort made out of the materials holy to that particular entity, or be able to tell the gem setters to use this particularily valuable gem to encrust a noble's coffin, rather than the -maple barrel- that just happened to be closer to the workshop. If you could control craftdwarves I see that as the main use, though I'd prefer to be able to do it without "possessing" the dwarf in question.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2013, 06:23:24 pm »

I think something like this is best used only for military dwarves.

Clearly, the best use for this is to walk your nobles into the magma cave in Royal-Pulpmaster 2000.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0
Pages: 1 [2]