Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Really funny pocket worldgens  (Read 1125 times)

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
  • 0.0 0.o o.0 o.o -.- zzzZ
    • View Profile
Really funny pocket worldgens
« on: March 17, 2013, 05:23:27 pm »

I've been trying to gen a really interesting pocket world with lots of goblins and kobolds for a succession fort and came across this while looking at the population reports:

Civilized World Population

996 Dwarves
   963 Humans
   1 Elf
   4134 Goblins
   492 Kobolds

Total: 6586

Think he'll be bringing a caravan full of exotics? Now where is he?

8: Ukgeostost, "Profanemighty", dark fortress
   Owner: The Prime Torments, goblins
   Parent Civ: The Braided Scourge, goblins
   4134 goblins
   54 dwarves
   54 humans
   1 elf
   20 human prisoners
   11 dwarf prisoners

hmmm... maybe I should keep that one and try to embark close to that tower. Unfortunately I need more elves for the sort of fort I was looking for- so here we go again.
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

WealthyRadish

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Really funny pocket worldgens
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2013, 08:12:08 pm »

You need to play as an adventurer and try to bring about the Age of Elves.

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2013, 09:12:49 pm »

O.O me play adventurer? No. I haven't had an adventurer last through the first quest in the most benign settings with companions yet. That world has triple the base number of caves, several of each titans, megabeasts, and semimegabeasts to gank me while travelling - in addition to the over 4000 goblins to worry about. (I might recreate said world later to see if I can get over 9000)  8)

If someone wants to try it's using modest mod with seasonal crops (not that that matters) and I can either zip the whole thing or just the world file on DFFD on request. Parameters available upon request tomorrow...
EDIT: Keas restricted to tropical forests where they belong.  Those evil, EVIL, foul little things.

Edit: The baby murderer became a friend of the fortress, which started a loyalty cascade, and now most of the squad is dead.

laularukyrumo

• Bay Watcher
  • Needs More Socks
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2013, 01:33:01 am »

CHALLENGE ACCEPTED

post the save please. The whole thing. Or maybe seeds and params, I dunno. This sounds like a thing to me.
Quote from: Dwarfotaur
Everytime one of my militia has given birth in the Danger Room, it's lead to instant baby smoothies for everyone.

Gotta Catch 'Em All!

Dat Sig Thread

Necrisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2013, 01:59:48 am »

http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=7485

This is the save file. If it's buggy I can upload the associated modded DF but I don't think there should be much of a problem.