Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Vampire: The Masquerade - figuring out times  (Read 6713 times)

Realmfighter

• Bay Watcher
  • Yeaah?
    • View Profile
Re: Vampire: The Masquerade - figuring out times
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2013, 10:31:27 pm »

I'm in UTC -6 which would seem to discourage me staying up late and actually playing. I'll roll a character in the hopes that the timing works out.
We may not be as brave as Gryffindor, as willing to get our hands dirty as Hufflepuff, or as devious as Slytherin, but there is nothing, nothing more dangerous than a little too much knowledge and a conscience that is open to debate

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
  • Stay thirsty, my friends
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2013, 11:55:50 pm »

Do I have carte blanche to choose a location for the City? I might do a real place so we can mark out locations using Googlemaps, but I know most of you guys are probably more familiar with different cities than I am. If it was solely my own decision, it would be Toronto.

Also a thing is editions: I have 2nd, you have anniversary, I don't know what everyone else has, and I don't know the differences. If you want anniversary, I can find it, though.

I have a very old copy of 2nd ed. as well, but Anniversary is an improvement, imo. I can retrograde if that is what most players have.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2013, 12:56:48 am by Grakelin »
I am have extensive knowledge of philosophy and a strong morality
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2013, 03:07:29 am »

My knowledge of most major cities is nil, so go ahead and pick anywhere. I'll wing it.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 26, 2013, 09:32:12 am »

If people find they lack some resources, pm me.
I hear you're a man who knows how to get things...

Anyway, I'm cool with any kind of edition as long as it's popular enough to... never mind.

Maybe we should send our available times on GMT + 0 time to the GM and let him set a time which works for as much as players as possible.

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 26, 2013, 09:59:02 am »

I'm available 3-5 in afternoon on most week days and all day on staurday. On Wednsdays I can go from 2-5 and on every other Sunday I can't do it from 12-4.
I'm in Pacific Time US
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 03:49:38 pm »

I'll compile people's available time slots and try to find the best one. To make my job a bit easier, I'll only do it for people who actually post up a character in here beforehand, so I know who is and isn't already on board. If you've got friends on another forum, just paste all their info in here.

If you need any help making a character, let me know and I can work with you.
Okay, so, today this girl I know-Lauren, just took a sudden dis-interest in talking to me. Is she just on her period or something?

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 04:42:16 pm »

It's 2nd edition and missing some details, but here: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/34537718/daughter%20sheet.pdf

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #37 on: April 07, 2013, 10:00:17 am »

So I guess I'm all alone? ;_;

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 07, 2013, 06:42:04 pm »

Well, I kinda had to drop out (without even starting) after finding a great Pathfinder campaign. Two campaigns is too much for to juggle for me.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2013, 12:07:48 am »

I'll compile people's available time slots and try to find the best one. To make my job a bit easier, I'll only do it for people who actually post up a character in here beforehand, so I know who is and isn't already on board. If you've got friends on another forum, just paste all their info in here.

If you need any help making a character, let me know and I can work with you.

Suggestion: whomever is in charge of this, decide on and announce the following:

* Day and time of gameplay
 * Game format: Text chat? Skype? Third-party program like maptools?
 * Game version and which supplemental material will be used
 * Campaign setting. What year is it? What part of the world?
 * Any clan/age/generation/background/etc requirements/restrictions or house rules

GMing is going to be difficult if the coterie contains both an elder Giovanni and a fledgeling Nosferatu, half the players are unwilling to download third part software they hadn't realized would be necessary to play, and the other half are in incompatible timezones.

Leatra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2013, 05:45:11 am »

You don't have to download Roll20, it's browser-based. You just create an account and join the game. GM only has to draw a map. You can create macros (like, 1d8+1+(@Strength*1.5) for your melee damage roll or something like that) to roll quickly.

I played a campaign with several Bay12 members. Roll20 is the easiest way to play tabletop online. It allows for webcams and mics so other softwares are unnecessary.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »

Ok. That's fine. Simmura proposed both roll20 and maptools. Whichever is used is ok...but if this is going to happen, somebody needs to say "X is what's going to happen, and T is when it's going happen. If you want to play, you need to do A, B and C."

Right now we don't know who is GMing, who is playing, when the game will be, whether or not the game will be 2nd or anniversary edition, or for sure which of two software packages will be used to play.

Whomever's goign to actually run the game needs to decide these things and say so.

Grakelin offered to deduce a suitable play time based on character submissions, but it's difficult to submit characters if we don't even know which edition of the game we're playing.

Simmura McCrea

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Steam profile
« Reply #42 on: April 09, 2013, 08:22:26 am »

Well, Grakelin did offer to GM, so it's largely his choice of edition unless someone has a massive bone to pick with one of them.

Grakelin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 09, 2013, 04:38:18 pm »

Honestly, I threw out the request for characters to gauge actual interest. You don't actually need an edition to come up with a concept for a character. Since nobody asked "Hey, would this be okay?", I can only assume only Simmura was interested. I'm not going to spend a great deal of time writing a chronicle for players that don't exist.

I'm not exactly new on the boat here, either. An elder Giovanni and fledgling Nosferatu team would actually not be hard for a GM to work with. But it would be pretty difficult for that match-up to happen amongst reasonable players, since all the core books in every edition have some pretty clear rules on how to make a character. If I was running D&D, I wouldn't need to specify to my players that they can't start at level 20, after all.

I'd ask that, unless your intention is to join in on a game of Vampire, you refrain from posting in here. There's no point in making the thread look crowded.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 09, 2013, 11:57:57 pm »

Ok. Here's a character submission. Couple things still to be resolved, specializations to decide on, might want to re-evaluate some of the numbers, etc. But hopefully this will get us started.

I used 20th anniversary rules, because that's what I have.

Character
Name: Vincent Proveaux
Concept: Socialite
Clan: Toreador
Generation: 8th
Archetype: Bon vivant

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4