Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18743 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #120 on: March 19, 2013, 04:09:18 pm »

WE HAVE NO FATHER.
WE ARE THE GOD OF WAR
WE ARE FIGHTING SPIRIT INCARNATE

Unless proven otherwise, I'll assume we have no superior.

THEN LOOT AND BURN IN OUR NAME AND OUR NAME ALONE!
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 19, 2013, 04:21:16 pm »

Examining the box further reveals little except that it appears to be firmly shut. Frustratingly so, causing you to eventually toss it aside in frustration. Moving on, you gather the bodies, before taking the most servicable jacket from the corpses. putting it on, Carver winks at you. "Looking good boss." After this you search the rest of the corpses, although this reveals nothing of note. Dissapointed, you place the box on top of the pile, and put a brand to it, intending to burn open the box. You can only assume you plan succeeds.
 A great pheonix bursts from the pyre, wreathed in flames, and the nearby buildings start to burn. As you recoil from the heat surge, the bird turns it's gaze to you, before landing, and condensing, coming to rest on it's knees at your feet, in the form of a thin robed man.
 "My liege, it seems I owe you much. My name is Phenex, and my power is now yours."
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 19, 2013, 04:25:46 pm »

Remember, we're a spirit of war, not blood or anything like that. We fight mostly fairly, and no burning, pillaging, or wanton destruction unless those recieving our wrath really have it coming. In that case, pillage and burn away, my friends!

Edit: Ninja'd and HOLY SHIT PHOENIX!!!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 19, 2013, 04:34:37 pm »

HEHEHE. Enjoy
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 19, 2013, 04:36:30 pm »

That was actually a submitted character, nice one GM!
Make friends. Learn who he is and what he is fighting for, then (potentially) admit him into the party and get everyone back to the lair to prepare the next expedition.

We will find more humans. Suitable ones. Ones that fight for a cause. Fight without a cause is not war. We will be the god that raised humanity against heaven and hell and returned the old days of yore. >:D
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 19, 2013, 04:38:54 pm »

((Note: If i get bored i may start sketching, so if pictures start appearing don't be too surprised. And yes. Rejected applicants abound  ;D))

Sigtext

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 19, 2013, 04:45:49 pm »

I think this is neat, because that would lead to some kind of rag-tag "nor heaven nor hell, humanity!" team (pantheon?) of rebellious demons, fallen angels and ancient spirits. That sounds awesome...
*currently imagining said team in the film poster format*
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 19, 2013, 05:34:40 pm »

I think this is neat, because that would lead to some kind of rag-tag "nor heaven nor hell, humanity!" team (pantheon?) of rebellious demons, fallen angels and ancient spirits. That sounds awesome...
*currently imagining said team in the film poster format*
*awesome heavy metal riff of facemeltingly awesome awesomeness and metal*
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 19, 2013, 06:12:58 pm »

Walk up to him, and lift him up by his shoulder then look directly into his eyes. Say "Who are you exactly? Why were you in that box?

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 19, 2013, 07:53:01 pm »

Walk up to him, and lift him up by his shoulder then look directly into his eyes. Say "Who are you exactly? Why were you in that box?
Or, let's not needlessly antagonize a potential ally, hmm? We're a spirit of WAR, dammit. Which, as kaian-a-coel said, entails fighting for a cause. Not being a douche for no reason. I agree with asking him about the box, though.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 19, 2013, 07:57:40 pm »

Or, let's not needlessly antagonize a potential ally, hmm? We're a spirit of WAR, dammit. Which, as kaian-a-coel said, entails fighting for a cause. Not being a douche for no reason. I agree with asking him about the box, though.
Agreed.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

jaass

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: March 19, 2013, 08:02:00 pm »

Walk up to him, and encourage him up by his shoulder then look directly into his eyes. Say "Who are you exactly? Why were you in that box?"
______

By having him on equal height we are showing respect and not treating him like a servant then by looking directly at we are saying we are not afraid of him and willing to fight him if have to.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 20, 2013, 05:30:20 am »

Alright, I thought you meant aggressively. My bad, my bad.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 20, 2013, 01:24:25 pm »

You put out a hand to lift the being to it's feet, which it takes humbly.
 "Tell me now, who are you exactly? And why were you trapped in such a way?"
 "As I said, my name is Phenex. A demon of the older breed, before all this rebellion against the world. Demons these days don't know where their power lies, but we did. And so we were bound. mortals enthroned us, and then they brought us low. Ptolemy, in my case. Perhaps you have heard of him? None the less, he bound me in a vessel and cast me into the sea, and by the time I escaped those demons who were honourable enough to accept their bindings were also. And thus I ended up bound again. Honestly, it is preferable than dealing with the rabble the modern world called demons. Far more Fenrir than Loki, if you understand me. So in answer, I am Phenex the dissilusioned, the last true demon, and your humble servant."

Sigtext

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 20, 2013, 01:36:33 pm »

[color]"Phenex, you will make a fine ally. Come, we must plan our next strike. These beings spit in the face of true gods and clash like beasts on my plane. We will drive them back yet. Surma, where to next? I am not yet sated. Where do you keep your mortals?"[/color]
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 23