Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18700 times)

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #75 on: March 18, 2013, 12:22:43 am »

And a precolumbian (aztec/inca/maya) deity with that? I call that a win. I wanna lizardmen warriors now >.>
I find Mesoamerican culture a much more likely source of Cina than Warhammer.
Of course, but mesoamerican culture is the inspiration for warhammer's lizardmen, and I have a lizarfmen army on my shelves. So I associate the two rather quickly.

LIZARD MEN FOR THE WIN!
And war dinosaurs!
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 18, 2013, 05:58:47 am »

And a precolumbian (aztec/inca/maya) deity with that? I call that a win. I wanna lizardmen warriors now >.>
I find Mesoamerican culture a much more likely source of Cina than Warhammer.
Of course, but mesoamerican culture is the inspiration for warhammer's lizardmen, and I have a lizarfmen army on my shelves. So I associate the two rather quickly.

LIZARD MEN FOR THE WIN!
And war dinosaurs!
INDEED!
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

WraithLord24

• Bay Watcher
  • I appear then disappear without a trace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 18, 2013, 06:39:16 am »

If we get powerful enough we could actually do that make our version of angels and they could be lizardmen.... It would be glorious.
Im a Lurker I tend to disappear dont just assume im totally gone cause Ill then pop up at odd times.

Child of Armok

• Bay Watcher
  • Sanity? What's that?
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 18, 2013, 11:23:41 am »

JAGUAR/HUMAN HYBRIDS!!

kaian-a-coel

• Bay Watcher
  • (Exo)biologist student
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 18, 2013, 12:31:24 pm »

If we get powerful enough we could actually do that make our version of angels and they could be lizardmen.... It would be glorious.
I concur. Our alternate form is a feathered reptile, isn't it? So the worthy warriors get to share (partly) our glorious form after death (or whatever).
EA games is like the dark lord sauron, and the gaming consumer demographic is like gollum.
Sauron makes the precious.
Gollum loves and hates the precious.
Full Sig

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 18, 2013, 01:00:47 pm »

I concur. Our alternate form is a feathered reptile, isn't it? So the worthy warriors get to share (partly) our glorious form after death (or whatever).
Indubitably.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 18, 2013, 03:47:04 pm »

"It's been far too long since I've had a good fight. Lead the way."
 "If a fight's what you're looking for, then a fight you're sure to find. Come follow me."
 Carver leads you down a twisting passageway of tunnels much like the first, culminating quickly in a ladder.
 "So close?"
 "No, not at all. But we have...... transport"
 Pushing aside the manhole cover, you emerge into what was evidently once a mechanic's back yard. Bits and pieces of broken cars and bikes litter the ground, and the fences are reinforced with corrugated iron. Carver turns and heads over to a small pile of junk in one corner, and extracts from it a servicable looking shotgun, and two butchers knives, which he tucks away about his person. He then crosses the yard, and with dramatic flair he sweeps aside a tarp to reveal two motorbikes. At least that's what they're clearly intended to be. Patched and rusting, carver has worked on them the same magic he worked on Surma's arm. They bristle with add ons and attatchments, the majority of which you cannot see any use for. Then Surma speaks:
 "Like them? John's pride and joy they are. Just don't scratch the paintwork."
 With that he winks, and flies up into the skies above you. Carver meanwhile gives you a quick lesson on how to use the bikes, before you both head off to the docks. You've got to give it to the mortals, they know how to have fun. The intervening time passes like a blur, and you soon arrive at the lip of a ledge overlooking the gangs meeting place, where a debate is clearly in full swing.
 The yard is centred on a single large bonfire. Off to the left is a large warehouse, clearly used as some sort of sleeping quarters, whilst off to the right is a smaller building, which you can only assume houses the hellhounds from the scattering of bones outside the door. As you observe Carver pulls up beside you, although you overtook him on the ride here, and Surma comes to circle overhead. you can see six mortals around the bonfire, and sense two hellhounds nearby, but nothing else.

Spoiler: Cina (click to show/hide)

((Note: Health is effectively the maximum limit of power, and is much more fragile than power. Lack of power causes death, but 0 health = 0 power. health = squishiness of mortals))
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:04:17 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 18, 2013, 04:04:10 pm »

Do we have a weapon? Or can we just form/pull one outta hammerspace?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 18, 2013, 04:07:01 pm »

No weapon currently. Forming weapons would take power, but your natural strength is far greater than a mortals anyway.

Note also you can mould your own from to some degree. Claws etc.... would require no power input.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 04:48:05 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 18, 2013, 04:53:32 pm »

Suggestions please. We have steampunk cyborg angels  ;D

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: March 18, 2013, 05:01:12 pm »

Form a jet black double-headed axe before trying to sense anything.
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: March 18, 2013, 05:02:38 pm »

Damn, missed it on the update. you can see 6 humans, and 2 hellhounds. Can't see or sense anything else. Editing in now.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 05:04:37 pm by sjm9876 »

Sigtext

Mr. Palau

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:22 pm »

Position your self so you are looking through the entrance to the hell hounds sleeping quarters, and see if they are sleeping or not. Enhance your vision if it proves necessary. If they are sleeping, attempt to kill one hell hound, and then the other, silently.
you can't just go up to people and get laid.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 18, 2013, 05:06:38 pm »

Still do the axe, surprise nearest hellhound with a birthday gift of axe to the neck.

Can we do anything with Carver and Surma or are they going to do they own thing?
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: March 18, 2013, 05:07:49 pm »

You can give them commands which they will carry out with some initiative. carver will stick more closely to them, being a follower rather than an ally.

Position your self so you are looking through the entrance to the hell hounds sleeping quarters, and see if they are sleeping or not. Enhance your vision if it proves necessary. If they are sleeping, attempt to kill one hell hound, and then the other, silently.
Note: Divines of any type don't sleep.

Note2: I have an idea I so hope someone suggests.........

Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 23