Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18683 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #45 on: March 17, 2013, 01:29:37 pm »

"Will you join me mortal?"
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:06 pm »

Because everyone wants a pal for some reason.))
Maybe because an average angel/demon or a few trained humans could take us down?

Anyways, he's offered us loyalty without us giving him gifts; let's not spend Power on him just now.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 17, 2013, 01:30:48 pm »

"You will side with me mortal? I only wish to beat back the enemy that has chosen this world to war and to spill the blood of my people and my enemies."

((Can we transfer some of our power to this guy? Like one power. That way he would be back to normal, not a sewer man, and we would have an ally in this. Because everyone wants a pal for some reason.))
How long would we last, friendless and alone? We need a powerbase, frind. We need worshippers, perhaps. But most importantly, we need meatshields.

Edit: ((So may ninjas goddamnit.))
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 17, 2013, 01:37:31 pm »

"You will side with me mortal? I only wish to beat back the enemy that has chosen this world to war and to spill the blood of my people and my enemies."

((Can we transfer some of our power to this guy? Like one power. That way he would be back to normal, not a sewer man, and we would have an ally in this. Because everyone wants a pal for some reason.))
How long would we last, friendless and alone? We need a powerbase, frind. We need worshippers, perhaps. But most importantly, we need meatshields.

Edit: ((So may ninjas goddamnit.))

Well I can agree with this. Hell, we may even be able to get angelic and demonic worshippers at some point.

Alright first course of action, are we still against stealthily slaying that divine?

Sjm, is the warehouse close enough to alert the others in the plaza?

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 17, 2013, 01:41:30 pm »

Not within human hearing range, at least.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 17, 2013, 01:43:02 pm »

No slaughter yet. After all, we're pretty much a meatsack ourselves right now.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 17, 2013, 02:05:50 pm »

Fine. Then let's continue through the sewers away from the divines. Tell Carver to help us understand our surroundings and guide us.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 17, 2013, 02:15:13 pm »

Fine. Then let's continue through the sewers away from the divines. Tell Carver to help us understand our surroundings and guide us.
Politely.

+1
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 17, 2013, 02:32:26 pm »

Politely.

+1
Agreed. :3

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: March 17, 2013, 02:34:45 pm »

"A good enough reply I suppose. And what do I really have to lose anyway?"
 He grins wryly, and this time he does not flinch as he shakes your hand. He carries on talking as he begins to lead you through the sewers.
 "Anyway, welcome to my little city beneath the city. We like it, Surma and I. Ah, I forgot to tell you about Surma. He's one of us, see. A misfit, outcast, whatever you want to call it. And don't pretend you aren't, a bloody war chief in a sewer. But anyway, you should like Surma. He helps me, and I help him. At least he says I do, though I can't see how. Apart from that time I made him a new arm. My mind may not be up to much, but my hands have a mind of their own, and I can't stop that. But anyway, here we are. Welcome to my humble abode"
 Carver follows up this statement with a grand sweeping guesture, as the door in front of him swings open. the room it reveals seems as if it was rescued from a scrapyard. the tables and chairs look to be have been salvaged from individual sets, and the rugs the same. Against the back wall is a suprisingly well stocked book case, covered in transparent plastic to serve as waterproofing. but what catches your eye most of all is a figure seated in the centre of the room. A winged figure, who glows faintly.
 As the figure stands, you can see him more clearly. Male and well built, he retains the characteristic flawlessness of an angel, excluding his arm. This seems to have been built out of old clockwork mechanisms, and even occasionally spouts steam from its bronzed interionr. Your inspection is interrupted by a gesture from the being to sit.
 "Greetings friend. I sensed you coming here, and I trusted that it was John that led you. I trust his judgement greatly. But where are my manners. My name is Surma, once of the 2nd angelic guard, disgraced when he showed a liking for mortals, exiled, and disarmed. Apparently our lord has never heard of a metaphor. "

Spoiler: Cina (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 17, 2013, 03:10:24 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: March 17, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »

"Quite, I am Cina, humanity fighting spirit, at least, at one point."
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: March 17, 2013, 03:14:29 pm »

Raise an eyebrow and reply "So it seems." and then what scapheap said.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: March 17, 2013, 03:16:56 pm »

((Note: Power gain: There are many ways to gain power. Followers, such as Carver, are just one of these. The effects of followers depends on their strength of faith and number. ))

Sigtext

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: March 17, 2013, 03:32:21 pm »

"So what do you two hope to accomplish, working together?"

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: March 17, 2013, 04:18:15 pm »

"So it would seem. I am Cina, humanities fighting spirit. At least, I was."
 "Well I'm not all I once was myself, and all the better for it.The angels and their beauracracy were not for me, and even as I felt my brothers die up above I regretted nothing."
 You turn then towards Carver. "So what do you two hope to accomplish, working together?"
 "I help Surma, he helps me. He tells me when to hide, and when he doesn't he helps me fight."
 "And John sustains me, though you will understand how better than he. He also made for me this new arm - quite marvellous isn't it? And strong too. Here was I thinking I'd never swing my blade again, and then I met John."
 "It was the least I could do. You saved me from those dogs, or hellhounds, or whatever you called them."
 "I suppose I did. But come, we have a guest. The hellhounds are with their leader in the docks, and aren't troubling us for now. Now you have found us, what do you want to do?"

Spoiler: Cina (click to show/hide)

Sigtext
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 23