Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23

Author Topic: Rapture: A suggestion game.  (Read 18661 times)

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
  • Did not so much Fall as Saunter Vaguely Downwards
    • View Profile
Rapture: A suggestion game.
« on: March 16, 2013, 09:08:06 am »

'Rapture:
   1 noun A feeling of intense pleasure or joy.
   2 (The Rapture) The transporting of believers to Heaven at the second coming of Christ.'

'Day 30. The patrols passed overhead again. you can tell it's them from the boots. They don't sound right on the ground. They don't thump...... they just sound like they do. It creeps me out. I swear they know I'm here though. I can almost hear their taunting. One day they'll come for me. And I'll be helpless to stop them. After all, who can stop God's angels. Crap, footsteps. Better shush quick.'

-----
 The Rapture. The forces of Heaven and Hell clashing, and the souls going to the victor. Didn't quite work out that way. The sides were too even, and the battle too long - no one won. No one lost. Except humanity. Innocents, caught in the crossfire. The few survivors could do little to stop their once great cities falling into delapidation. A delapidation which grows only more evident as you walk past the manhole and carry on down the street. But humanity's fate is not your issue. Or is it? These memory lapses arrived recently and you hope they go as soon. After all, what kind of being can't even remember it's own name, or even where it is from......

Spoiler: The game (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Your input (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 12:36:15 pm by sjm9876 »
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.
But there's laughter and oh there is love, just past the edge of our fears.
And there's chaos when push comes to shove, but it's music to my ears.

Sigtext

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
Re: Rapture: A suggestion game.
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2013, 09:15:32 am »

Name:Devourer
Primal:We are the dark protector of the weak
Physical:Yellow glowing eyes, four legged wolf-like being made of shadows
Mental:A kind spirit that protect those in danger, it make quick work of it's enemies to limit their suffering. Fond of children.
Backstory:I get back to this
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

racnor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2013, 10:04:22 am »

Name: Phenex
Demonic
Physical- A tall man with red hair, golden eyes, and a light frame/ occasionally a giant bird surrounded by fire
Mental- Phenex is a skilled orator with a knowledge of many intellectual and magical concepts, though he is rather out of date. He places emphasis on truthful and honorable conduct, and.
Backstory- One of the unfortunate demons bound by the great king Solomon, Phenex was famed for his declaration that he would return to heaven before 1200 years had passed. That was 940 BC. Then Solomon sealed him in a brass urn at the bottom of the sea, and by the time he was released someone had made a book describing how to bind him, and invented printing presses. He spent the next few centuries explaining the truths of the metaphysical to uncountable pentangle- scratching madmen. Finally, he was unchained by the rapture, but Phenex no longer desires the judgement of heaven or the ruin of hell. Those belong to the dead, but earth should belong to the living, and Phenex is prepared to burn the highest citadel and shatter the lowest throne to make that happen.
Compromise position: Turn the mother bear, train the babies to use pyromancy and then eat Alice.
Right, the !!☼ARMCHAIR☼!!. I forgot.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2013, 11:03:22 am »

Cina
Primal - Ancient tribal spirit
One of the lost gods of a South American tribe long gone into extinction, he remains. He was put to rest and only awoken because of the mad commotion of the world of late. He has a mans body with a thorn through his tongue and many tattoos. He has been known, however to take the form of a reptile with feathers, sometimes still remaining humanoid, sometimes closer to a serpent. He is thin and clad in wooden and copper armor. He represents the warrior spirit of men, a son of the spirit of war. He was sealed in a mountain after consuming the blood of the spanish and slowly being put to slumber by the death of his people.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 16, 2013, 01:17:04 pm »

Name: Phenex
Demonic
Physical- A tall man with red hair, golden eyes, and a light frame/ occasionally a giant bird surrounded by fire
Mental- Phenex is a skilled orator with a knowledge of many intellectual and magical concepts, though he is rather out of date. He places emphasis on truthful and honorable conduct, and.
Backstory- One of the unfortunate demons bound by the great king Solomon, Phenex was famed for his declaration that he would return to heaven before 1200 years had passed. That was 940 BC. Then Solomon sealed him in a brass urn at the bottom of the sea, and by the time he was released someone had made a book describing how to bind him, and invented printing presses. He spent the next few centuries explaining the truths of the metaphysical to uncountable pentangle- scratching madmen. Finally, he was unchained by the rapture, but Phenex no longer desires the judgement of heaven or the ruin of hell. Those belong to the dead, but earth should belong to the living, and Phenex is prepared to burn the highest citadel and shatter the lowest throne to make that happen.
+1
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2013, 03:14:39 pm »

Just as a POI, power source is probably the most important feature of the app, so I'm probably goin to work that out seperately votewise:
Primal 2
Demonic 2
Angelic 0 - How am I not surprised.
My dreams are not unlike yours - they long for the safety, and break like a glass chandelier.

Sigtext

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2013, 03:16:52 pm »

Cina
One of the lost gods of a South American tribe long gone into extinction, he remains. He was put to rest and only awoken because of the mad commotion of the world of late. He has a mans body with a thorn through his tongue and many tattoos. He has been known, however to take the form of a reptile with feathers, sometimes still remaining humanoid, sometimes closer to a serpent. He is thin and clad in wooden and copper armor. He represents the warrior spirit of men, a son of the spirit of war. He was sealed in a mountain after consuming the blood of the spanish and slowly being put to slumber by the death of his people.
+1
And what do you expect? We're about as far from Lawful Good as its possible to be.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Fr0stByt3

• Bay Watcher
  • Co-Creator of Woven Worlds Productions!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 16, 2013, 03:40:24 pm »

Indeed.
Funding rebels because seriously, fuck those guys.
((They're basically the new Mongols.  I gotta say, I have a newfound respect for the Jamaican police force after playing this game.))

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2013, 04:31:34 pm »

PTW
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

sjm9876

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2013, 05:31:47 pm »

Cina
+1

3-2 for primal so going with this if no other changes whilst I sleep.

Sigtext

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2013, 05:42:01 pm »

Primal sounds good. Don't side with either side, because they're both pretty bad. I mean, the angels are a bit nicer, but the demons win uncontested in honesty.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 16, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »

Primal sounds good. Don't side with either side, because they're both pretty bad. I mean, the angels are a bit nicer, but the demons win uncontested in honesty.

Yep. Let's fight for humanity, and an earth, now charred, that once was. Let us pick a people and lead them against such things as petty as good and evil.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 16, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »

Yep. Let's fight for humanity, and an earth, now charred, that once was. Let us pick a people and lead them against such things as petty as good and evil.
Waitwaitwait. Who said anything about being 'benevolent to humans' or stuff like that?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 16, 2013, 06:09:59 pm »

Waitwaitwait. Who said anything about being 'benevolent to humans' or stuff like that?
well...
'benevolent to humans'
You did ;D
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

kahn1234

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 16, 2013, 06:11:55 pm »

as a Primal being we'd resonate with Earth and Humanity better than being nutral or siding with the Angels or Demons.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 23